Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

In the hot seat - Tiddly Winks!

lea75 wrote:
Ashamed sorry hun I thought I'd read through all the posts lol

If money were no object, what would you buy for yourself and for Sven (you can only have one object each!)

Wow, I don't know... For Sven, a fully functional hobby airport. For me...maybe a first class trip around the world (which I'd take Sven on, of course.)

would you like to go on some adrenaline and dangerous things like bungee jumping or something like that....if you would like why if not why...... Laughing

Gabs Giggles wrote:
What's your favorite flower?why?

My favorite flower is the orchid, because it's exotic and beautiful. It's also one of the few plants I can manage to keep alive. Probably because it doesn't require much water. congratulations

Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
would you like to go on some adrenaline and dangerous things like bungee jumping or something like that....if you would like why if not why...... Laughing

I am not a big risk taker so the answer is no, I wouldn't. As Sven once said, 'why jump out of a perfectly nice airplane?'

Who does the cooking in your house? Are you a good cook?

Gabs Giggles wrote:
What is the strangest dream you've ever had?

I don't remember most of my dreams, but I had some really weird ones. I woke from one such dream asking my husband if we could go to my church. Said church is 3,000 miles away, and it was a Saturday.

lea75 wrote:
Who does the cooking in your house? Are you a good cook?

We divide it, sometimes Sven does it and sometimes I do it. He claims he doesn't do much, but on Sunday mornings he gives me a break and prepares breakfast. I guess I'm a pretty decent cook. We have been married some 15 years and no trips to the ER because of my cooking.

Knowing that you don't have an idol, what is your list of inspirational people then? Smile

Lazar wrote:
Knowing that you don't have an idol, what is your list of inspirational people then? Smile

The people who have inspired me over the years have been, Peter Tork, Robert Hays, John Dye (still reeling that he's passed on), Della Reese, Julie Andrews, Gene Wilder, Richard Chamberlain, and Chris de Burgh. Those are the prominants, but the ones I know in real life are my father, who overcame alcoholism before he died, my husband, who saved me from an abusive relationship, and many of my friends, who have been strong in the face of adversity, and who have accepted me for the person I am. All of these people have inspired good things in me, whether it be spiritual, musical, or emotional.

Tromo3 wrote:
What week in PS you like the most?

That's hard, I loved the 70's week, Steampunk week and this week probably the most. But, there are aspects of other weeks that I have liked, but I think those are my big favorites right now.

What is your opinion about the new era of pop, rock and other types of music?

If you could study anything you wanted to, what would it be?
It can be a college course, music, arts and crafts..anything you like

Lazar wrote:
What is your opinion about the new era of pop, rock and other types of music?

To be completely honest, I think there is far too much uncreative stuff going on in music. Too many covers and not enough originality. If a band or a group can do a cover here and there, then that is fine, but to get their claim to fame solely from copying the work of someone else is just not right. Being a lyricist, I am looking for music that speaks to me on many levels. Not just going about and saying a whole lot of nothing. To me, that is what will last the test of time. IN ten or fifteen years, the fads and trends will probably die off to other fads or trends, but the music of really accomplished musicians and songs that really say something, will stil be performed in karaoke bars around the world and people will know these songs by heart.

lea75 wrote:
If you could study anything you wanted to, what would it be?
It can be a college course, music, arts and crafts..anything you like

My only regret is not having studied what I wanted to study when I was younger and at the University. I wanted to study music, but my mother kept saying that she would not support me if I studied it. Later I realized that she didn't really support me at all, and that I should have just gone ahead and studied it anyway. Music has always been a passion of mine, and if I had studied it, I probably could have done a bit more with it than I am now. Of course, I didn't do much with Russian Studies or Political Science, so why this was even up for debate is still a mystery to me some 15-16 years later.

Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
WOW how much questions........... congratulationsLaughingcongratulations

By Sunday I think this will be the Thread with the most posts in a week. I hope you understood what I meant.

Q:What are 3 Human personalities (I hope I used the right word) you dislike the most?

hmm.. If you could go back to past for a moment( but you wont change anything, you'll just seat there and watch the scene and will reminisce it ) in what time would you like to go back?

Lazar wrote:
Old or new movies? congratulations

Old, always. The original Nutty Professor outshines the new remake by about a gazillion. I love old movies, the storylines, the creative ways they did the effects. It's just better, and not done with an easy way out. Today's movies have a lot of bells and whistles, but everything is accomplished through the computer and special effects.

Tromo3 wrote:
Are you planning to write a fan-fiction novel?

I have already and it's posted at a fan fiction site. It's called 'In Another's Eyes' and based on the classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I have also written long Narnia stories and am going to write a long 'Cat Returns' story.

Tromo3 wrote:

Q:What are 3 Human personalities (I hope I used the right word) you dislike the most?

Arrogance, Lying, and Hypocrisy.

ayathon wrote:
hmm.. If you could go back to past for a moment( but you wont change anything, you'll just seat there and watch the scene and will reminisce it ) in what time would you like to go back?

Good question. Smile

I think I would go back to the late 1800's. It's my favorite historical timeperiod, and I would go back to the year 1889 when Charles and Myrtle Filmfore found the Unity Church. I would like to know what really inspired them to start this movement. I have my suppositions, but that is based entirely on my reading of Unity materials. I'd like to know what thing(s) really motivated them.

Lazar wrote:
What is your favourite drink? Smile

My favorite non alcoholic drink is cola light. My favorite alcoholic beverage is Hessen Apple Wine (It's from this area of Germany). It is very tasty.

Thank you Yvette for answering all of my questions. congratulations

If you could visit anywhere in the United States, which state would you go to? And would you take your bestest friend from Portland with you?

Kokonee wrote:
If you could visit anywhere in the United States, which state would you go to? And would you take your bestest friend from Portland with you?

I would definitely take my bestest friend with me. I really loved Portland though, so you (and your sweet kitty) may have a guest. Smile But, aside from that I think I would like to go to Vermont to the von Trapp family's hotel and see it. But there are so many places in the US I would like to visit. Hawaii being another.

What is your Cutest breed of cats and what is your most beautiful breed of cats?

Tromo3 wrote:
What is your Cutest breed of cats and what is your most beautiful breed of cats?

I can answer this one partly! Yvette has fallen in love with Maine Coons! They are a long haired breed that comes from the Northeastern part of the United States. They are also very big!

but they are very, very sweet! My Aberdeen is part Maine Coon and Yvette fell in love with him when she was here visiting. Oh, and Abers fell in love with Yvette!

Kokonee wrote:
Tromo3 wrote:

I can answer this one partly! Yvette has fallen in love with Maine Coons! They are a long haired breed that comes from the Northeastern part of the United States. They are also very big!

but they are very, very sweet! My Aberdeen is part Maine Coon and Yvette fell in love with him when she was here visiting. Oh, and Abers fell in love with Yvette!

Thanks Stas. Yeah, what she said. I love the Maine Coon a lot. I also think the cats that they call Katäuser here are neat. They are Gray colored cats with yellow eyes. They are short hair and said to once have been cats owned by Marie Antoinette. Beautiful kitties. But, my absolute favorites are the Maine Coons. I think the black cats with white booties are probably some of the cutest cats. But I love all kitties.

What clotehs you have in PS would you want to have in RL?

Tromo3 wrote:
What clotehs you have in PS would you want to have in RL?

I would forego every PS dress if I could have the one in my avatar. One day I'm going to sew one. I absolutely adore that dress, have since the first time I saw it.

What 3 Proverbs(It could be that exist or that you created) would you say to the world to help them?And what do you mean with them?

Tromo3 wrote:
What 3 Proverbs(It could be that exist or that you created) would you say to the world to help them?And what do you mean with them?

There are many things that I feel are defining aspects to the world. Mostly, it is about love and respect for those who are different. One does not have to share ideals and values to create peace. Love is all we need to change the world.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8
~~~
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy
- Francis of Assisi
~~~
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
- Albert Schweitzer

I really just love the last one. Smile

Gabs Giggles wrote:
Do you have any nicknames?

Yes, some of my friends call me 'Yva', and my husband calls me 'Yvabär', which is Yva Bear in German. On the fan fiction place where I post stories, I go by, Yva J. and have been known to use the nickname Namasté. I actaully have a several people who identify me as Namasté, as opposed to Yvette. It's rather cute.

Gabs Giggles wrote:
What's your favorite pet society wig?

Probably the Sweet Curls wig. I just love how that one looks on Tiddly Winks.

If you could choose any week in PS to be, what will it be?

Tromo3 wrote:
If you could choose any week in PS to be, what will it be?

Probably the steampunk week, since it's one of my favorites, and doesn't seem as dangerous as Phantom of the Opera week.