Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

In the hot seat - Tiddly Winks!

hot_se10.png

tiddly11.png

This week in the PSFC hot seat is our forum moderator Tiddly Winks!!

Here is a chance to ask all those questions you've always wanted to ask...whether that is her about her likes/dislikes, favourite things, dreams and goals...anything you like really

You can ask more than one question, but please put them in seperate posts so it is easier for Yvette to answer them.

Yvette has the right to answer any question with a no comment if it is too personal, or just something she would rather not discuss.

So get your questions in...and be nice!

I'll start

If you could have 3 wishes....what would you wish for?

lea75 wrote:
I'll start

If you could have 3 wishes....what would you wish for?

Three wishes?? Hmmm that's hard.

Let's see...

wish number 1: That my husband Sven finds a job that makes him happy.
wish number 2: For all the bear making supplies I could ever hope for so I can make a ton of teddy bears for all my friends.
wish number 3: To publish my book.

Gabs Giggles wrote:
If you could be an animal, what animal would you want to be, and why?

That's a tough one. I think it would be a toss up between a cuddly brown bear cub or a cat. The bears don't have an easy life, but I love them, and they are the totem of love (at least that's what the film Brother Bear says). The cat has a much easier life, and they can laze around and eat and sleep. Smile Sounds like a good life to me.

Congrats, hun!!

If you were a famous book character, who would you be? congratulations

if you had to come back as another person, who would that person be?
can be past or present..

Lucky Strike wrote:
Are cats your favorite animal? Well.. I guess so.. But.. Why?? congratulations

I have always been a cat person when it came to pets. I don't know why, but I think it has to do with the fact that as a child I loved cats. My first cat was a yellowish longhaired cat named Fluffy. Then when I was in Iowa during the summers, I had a gray longhaired cat named Gray. Then during my adolescence, I had a cat I called Stretch. I loved all three of these cats for different reasons, but I felt a comradery with Stretch, I remembered so many years later. So, I guess that's why I love cats so much. I would say cats and bears are my favorite animals, but as far as housepets are concerned, I love cats.

Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
congratz Yvette congratulations

What is your favorite place on the world ? and why ?

Laughing

I think my favorite places are Salzberg, Austria or Moscow Russia. I was in Salzberg with a friend and then later with Sven, and I really loved it. The mountains were beautiful, and the area around it was lush and green. I really loved the feeling that I had when I was there. Moscow was much different, but it was the first place I visited outside of the US. Having grown up in Houston, I wanted to see what was beyond my own back door. So, going to Moscow was sort of my breaking away from the mentality that all there is is what I see. It was also my dream to go there and when my grandmother sent me, I was in orbit.

Ursula wrote:
Congrats, hun!!

If you were a famous book character, who would you be? congratulations

That's hard. I am not sure. Maybe Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia. I loved her inquisitiveness and it was a trait I had as a small child. But, there are a lot of characters from books that I liked, but the question is, would I really want to have their sets of life experiences? I think that the answer to that is no. So, Narnia is perhaps the one experience I wouldn't mind, of course, I don't think I could be as valiant as she was since my personality is a bit different than hers.

If you were asked to describe yourself in 3 words, which words would you pick? And which 3 would Sven pick?

smorkle wrote:
if you had to come back as another person, who would that person be?
can be past or present..

These are getting harder and harder to answer. I really don't know who I would come back as since I am trying to get to know who I am. I think that there are people who fascinate me all through history, and I wouldn't mind meeting them or speaking with them, but I don't think I could actually 'be' them. I would have loved to meet Danny Kaye (I was 17 when he died and never really knew that I liked his work until after he had died). A historical figure that totally fascinated me was Queen Victoria. But, I tink it's because I have a great appreciation for history. To go a bit further, I do believe in reincarnation, so this questions could take hours for me to really contemplate a response to, but since I don't have hours, and you probably don't either, I'll leave it at that. Smile

lea75 wrote:
If you were asked to describe yourself in 3 words, which words would you pick? And which 3 would Sven pick?

This is a little bit easier. Smile

For me: I think the words would be compassionate, understanding, and optimistic.

For Sven: Smart, Ingenuitive and Loving.

If you had the chance to live in any other Country in the world where would you pick and why??

What did you want to become when you were a little girl?

kasijab wrote:
If you had the chance to live in any other Country in the world where would you pick and why??

When I was a child growing up in Texas, I thought about what it would be like to live in another country. Particularly England because I loved the accent and thought Jonathan Pryce was just a hottie. congratulations (Too many viewings of 'Jumpin' Jack Flash') I have always had a fondness for England, but don't know if I could say that I would want to live there. Living and traveling to a place are two different things. Of course, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would end up in Germany. And while I love living here, I know that it is far from being the perfect place to live in. Like any place, this one has it's problems and imperfections that one doesn't see as a tourist.

Lazar wrote:

I wanted to be a singer. I have dreamt of being on stage ever since I was five, so it's a dream that continues to live inside of me.

congrats Yvette congratulations dont ya just love being in the hot seat? lol

Anyway here is my question:

I know you like to read so, if you could choose one book to be made into a movie, which book would it be? xxx

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Lazar wrote:

I wanted to be a singer. I have dreamt of being on stage ever since I was five, so it's a dream that continues to live inside of me.

Oh I hope some day your dream will come true!

Half of the question I wanted to ask are asked Laughing

If you could choose to have any 3 books that were ever published what would thy be?

Gaiamaiden wrote:
congrats Yvette congratulations dont ya just love being in the hot seat? lol

Anyway here is my question:

I know you like to read so, if you could choose one book to be made into a movie, which book would it be? xxx

I do, this is fun. Smile

I never thought I was such an interesting person though.

Most of the books I have read actually have been made into a movie already. Of course, I have read several fan fiction pieces that would make for excellent movies. I wouldn't mind seeing 'The Shack' made into a movie, but I have a feeling that it has been, and I have been living under a rock.

Tromo3 wrote:
Half of the question I wanted to ask are asked Laughing

If you could choose to have any 3 books that were ever published what would thy be?

I hope I understood your question right.

I would probably pick Friendship with God, by Neale Donald Walsch, The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis, and The Shack by William P. Young.

Toulouse wrote:
What do you consider the best thing that ever happened to you?

Sven is the best thing that ever happened to me. We've been married almost 16 years and I love him as much today as I did when we first fell in love.

If you could meet any famous person in RL who will he/she be?

Lazar wrote:
How did you find PSFC? congratulations

This is a really interesting story. Right after my 39th birthday, I was looking around the web trying to find a place where I could see the PS spoilers. I came across the You Tube page that someone from here had set up and discovered a link to the forum. I lurked for about ten minutes and then on November 26, 2009, I signed up and have been having a blast ever since. I have to say that I was hesitant about signing up on another forum, because I had been hurt pretty badly by other Pet Society players. So, in essence, this was a huge step for me, but one that I am really glad I took.

Tromo3 wrote:
What is your all-time favourite movie and why?

That's a hard question since I am a movie hoarder. I love movies, but most of my favorites are older movies (many being older than me...40 years). I guess my very favorite film is 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' with Gene Wilder and Peter Ostrum. That movie, although not exactly in line with the book is my favorite because Pure Imagination is one of my favorite songs and Gene Wilder is someone I admire, not only as an actor, but also as a writer. That movie sparked a lot of childhood daydreams and fantasy stories when I got older.

What do you remember the most at your first days at PSFC?

Tromo3 wrote:
If you could meet any famous person in RL who will he/she be?

I would love to meet Peter Tork. He was one of the Monkees but also a personal hero of mine. He overcame alcoholism and drug addiction during his younger years and most recently cancer. I have admired his musical genius for more than 20 years, and a strange irony is on March 23, 1995, the day I got married, a letter from him to me was postmarked. I still have the envelope because of the postmark. So, although I have admired a great many people in my life, I would want to meet Peter more than anyone else.

Tromo3 wrote:
What do you remember the most at your first days at PSFC?

I remember the warmth of the members of this community when they welcomed me. I was very touched by the overall positive energy that emanates this forum and how easy it was to jump into the conversations and ask questions. There was no fear of being talked down at, of having someone misinterpret or misread what I tried to say. Given my experiences online and with forums, it was a breath of fresh air...it still is.

Tromo3 wrote:
What does your Dream house look like?

I don't know appearancewise, but there are aspects that I would love. I guess I should start thinking about it, if we intend to move from here sometime this year. I have always said that I would like to have more space for our teddy bears, but I would also like to have space to set up a work room where I can sew and break out my rubber stamps. I would also like to have a lab where Sven and I could do chemistry experiments. But, as strange as it sounds, I want a house with a guest bathroom and wooden flooring. I like cozy over looks. I have been in places where things were too pristine and I felt ill at ease, and when I have a home, I want it to be warm and welcoming to those who visit. I'd say an adamant no to white carpeting, as a glass of spilled red wine would be the death of the place. Oh yeah, and no black sinks.

What is your favorite Dream you had(if it is not a secret)?

Tromo3 wrote:
What is your favorite Dream you had(if it is not a secret)?

Generally the dreams I have evolve into stories. I don't always remember them with great accuracy, but I did have a dream once when I was twenty-years-old, which stayed in my memories to this day. It was recorded in a journal, which I later used in a story, but will share some aspects of it with all of you. It is a bit on the supernatural / strange side. So if you are not into supernatural or strange, stop reading now. Smile

January 13,1991...Sunday 2:40 PM.

It was late in the evening at the house. I was home alone and there came a knock at the door. I went and opened it. What I saw on the other side, made me gasp in surprise.

On the doorstep were 7, I guess you would call them, people. They were from another planet. Five of them were green, and two of them were tan. The five green people were a family. They were taller than me, except for one who appeared as though she were a child. The two tan people were holding hands, and appeared as though they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

The leader of these people was green and I called him Father, and the woman I call, Mother But at this time, I was very scared and grasped the door for stability. I could not say a word; my fear was evident. They felt it, and Father said, "Do not be afraid, we mean you no harm. We only wish for you to journey with us."

"Why me?" I stammered.

"You can see us as no other can," came the reply.

"I don't understand."

"Just come with us. We wish to take you on a journey you will always remember," said a green male who appeared to be about 21.

Reluctantly, I agreed, wondering if anyone I knew would understand why it was I had chosen to follow them, without knowledge of what would happen to me or where I was going. 'Mother' took my hand and led me to a strange looking flying saucer. I boarded the craft and sat down in a small chair. We took off and floated away.

Soon, I fell asleep, but was soon awakened by the young couple once we had landed on the planet. By the time I had gained enough courage to disembark the saucer, I was amazed with what I saw.

The planet looked like Earth, except the inhabitants were dominantly green, but there were also yellow, red, orange, blue and tan people. This world had no racism, no prejudices, no wars, and no hatred. The government was one of equality and there existed no domination of one group of people by another. There was no money system, as we know on Earth, but rather a system of exchanging goods in order to have the necessities for survival. Everyone seemed willing to help one another without expecting anything in return.

Moments later, we arrived at these tubes, which allowed one to slide down and float through the air, as though one is ski jumping. Father gave me a capsule to take, and I did once he informed me that it was completely safe. He went on to say that it helps me achieve weightlessness as well as build up the necessary energy, in order for me to float through the air. Together, with my companions, we slid down these launch tubes and I could feel myself floating above the planet's surface.

I could see buildings, homes, and parks below me, but no streets. Above me was a dark sky filled with stars that guided my way. The stars sparkled like diamonds in the sky.

All of the sudden, I could feel myself drifting back towards the surface. I closed my eyes, but when I opened them again, I was on my hands and knees in a grassy meadow. Father was standing not far away from me.

"What happened?" I asked him shyly. By this time, I had began to trust and love him as one friend would love another.

"You are only tired. On your own world, you obviously go to sleep early in the evening. But, there is still much for you to see before we return you to your home." He picked me up in his arms and carried me to the closest flight tubes. He prepared himself ready to fly, sat me on his lap, and we slid down together.

We floated above the surface, and because it was so small, I was able to see the entire world within the hour. When at last we landed, Father looked into my eyes.

"You have the power to recreate what you have seen. We did not bring you here to boast our lives, but to merely show you and possibly teach you."

"But, why me? Why am I here? I don't fully understand why I was chosen for this," I said.

"When we first met you, I said that you could see us as no other could, do you remember?" I nodded and he continued. "This means that although there are others of your world who can see us. We could have chosen anyone we wanted, but we simply decided that you would be able understand us."

"I want to stay here," I finally said.

He shook his head emphatically, "I cannot grant you this, I know you want to stay, but your world needs you. We will always be there for you when you need us."

After he gave me a quick kiss, he picked me up, and as I recall, he carried me to the saucer that brought me to this place. I fell asleep, but when I awoke the next morning, I could feel the sunlight shimmering through my bedroom window.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Lazar wrote:
How did you find PSFC? congratulations

This is a really interesting story. Right after my 39th birthday, I was looking around the web trying to find a place where I could see the PS spoilers. I came across the You Tube page that someone from here had set up and discovered a link to the forum. I lurked for about ten minutes and then on November 26, 2009, I signed up and have been having a blast ever since. I have to say that I was hesitant about signing up on another forum, because I had been hurt pretty badly by other Pet Society players. So, in essence, this was a huge step for me, but one that I am really glad I took.

We share the similar story!

Lazar wrote:
What is your idol? Smile

I don't really have one. I admire a lot of people, but I don't idolize anyone anymore.

Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
what kind of music do you like most?

My favorite band is the Monkees and Gregorian (Masters of Chant), and my favorite singer is Chris de Burgh, but I love all kinds of music and songs. I'm not really into the modern stuff inasmuch as I can appreciate the musicians who can play a good song without help from computers. If an artist can play music, and sing without help from electronics, then I can go to concerts and enjoy the show. I have CDs that range from Weird Al to Great Big Sea, from Gregory Lermarchel to Sissel Kyrkjebo. I can listen to a lot of stuff, but am not a fan of techno or screaming guitars. Otherwise, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music.

Pedj@ 94 Dixy wrote:
What is your greatest fear? Laughing

Probably abandonment. I don't know why that is, but it's something I am afraid of. I am also afraid of wasps.

Toulouse wrote:
What is the most evil thing (as in a cunning plan) you have ever done?

I will never forget this one retreat back when I was 17-years-old. I was doing this trust walk with my friend, Rachel, and was leading her around a room. She was blindfolded and at one point, our mutual friend, Karl, had come into the room. So I told her to raise her hand and wave. She did, and Karl silently waved back. I then told her that Karl had waved back at her. She snatched the blindfold off and said 'I'll get you for that'. She was plenty embarrassed and I couldn't stop laughing. So, that's probably the most 'evil' I have been.