Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lavender

I am finally back!

hi all, i have yet to check my shop, next on my list, i just want to say sorry if anyone has been waiting for a reply, or wondering whats going on..... i ahve not logged on here in a few weeks. My dad had a SEVERE accident and we (my sister and I) have been in the hospital, and then home with him helping to care for him and the farm he owns. so... with that said, i will now be able to respond to any messages or posts. Thanks so much!!!

sorry to hear about your Dads accident hun...hope he is on the road to recovery now

Hugs to you

Oh, How's your Dad now? it's a good thing that all of the members of your family is there to help one another...
So, Welcome back.. we miss you.. Smile

thanks guys!! well my dad is doing ok, he is home now so that is a good thing, he still has alot of corrective surgery ahead of him though Sad. He was working on a big truck and had a ball joint or bearing something like that, it was a 4 inch steel ball shoot out and enter through his neck and it got lodged in the back of his skull, crazy the EMT said it was the same as holding a shot gun to his face and it going off. the DRs said they don't know how he survived it scary scary stuff!! he has lost eye sight in his left eye and nerve damage to his face and a huge hole that is still there, it will close as it all heals and with surgery and skin grafting, it really is a blessing that he made it and is an eye opening experience as to how fragile and important our lives really are. it makes me hold my two little boys a lot tighter!

awwwwwwwwwww.......i am soooo sorry for your dad....but i am happy to see that he going to be OK......yes we need to think a lot more about our lives ......... Smilecongratulations

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's accident but good to hear he's back home - I hope he has a speedy recovery : ) and I understand how you feel when you say its made you realise how precious life is as my mum was diagnosed with an extremely rare incureable illness about 9 years ago so it made me appreciate my family and everyone far more and realise how important life is.
Good to see you back though : )

CharlotteLouise wrote:
Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's accident but good to hear he's back home - I hope he has a speedy recovery : ) and I understand how you feel when you say its made you realise how precious life is as my mum was diagnosed with an extremely rare incureable illness about 9 years ago so it made me appreciate my family and everyone far more and realise how important life is.

i am so sorry to hear that, i hope that everything is ok, i have been thinking lot about my personal health lately, that 'ol saying if u ain't got your health you aint got anything keeps ringing in my ears and there is a lot of truth to it i am going to make a more of an effort to get back on track with yearly physicals and not shy away from my dr anymore! i find it strange how alot of times it takes a scary experience to really open our eyes and put us back in our place, humbling.

Lavender wrote:
CharlotteLouise wrote:

i am so sorry to hear that, i hope that everything is ok, i have been thinking lot about my personal health lately, that 'ol saying if u ain't got your health you aint got anything keeps ringing in my ears and there is a lot of truth to it i am going to make a more of an effort to get back on track with yearly physicals and not shy away from my dr anymore! i find it strange how alot of times it takes a scary experience to really open our eyes and put us back in our place, humbling.

Thankyou, she's not very well at the moment but hopefully will be a bit better soon : ) I hope you and your family are all ok aswell!
That's very true, it sometimes takes a scary experience to put us back in our place like you said but its a shame that it has to happen like that though! But it's good to hear you've taken a positive thing from this unfortunate incident and are now making more of an effort to keep up your own personal health! : )