Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

On a guilt trip

I've been looking after my friends dog for her while she is visiting family, and today had to give in and phone her and tell her just what a pain her dog is being, and now I'm on a major guilt trip

The dog has been here since first thing Friday, so I've persevered with her for 3 nights. I only agreed to have her because my friend told me she was house trained and really quiet...is she hells like!

She barks constantly all night, constantly waking my youngest, who is now petrified of the dog, and gets herself so upset she has asthma attacks. The dog is also messing and weeing in my kitchen. It will go outside and play or go out for a walk, then wait till its home to wee on my kitchen floor. And then today, she ripped a hole in my kitchen floor, even though she had just been out for a long walk and the kitchen door was open!

I had to phone my friend as I really just couldn't take another night of this...I've been up since half 5 with the dog today, and my health is now suffering as well. My friend was a bit offish with me, but has arranged for someone to pick her up this afternoon...now I'm on a major guilt trip for letting my friend down

At least this has put me off the idea of ever having a dog lol

I don't like dogs.

Ugh, you have no reason to feel guilty, it's this 'friend' who unloaded her dog on you who should feel guilty. I would feel lied to and violated by this, especially if it is scaring Phoebe.

Your 'friend' needs to come and pick up her dog and not give you any hassles about it. If worse comes to worst, let her clean up the wee on the floor.

That's just so not right.

If your kid is scarred there's nothing else you need to care about!

IF you didn't had a kid maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.. I have no problem with the dogs, I actually love them, BUT her dog was most likelly scared and missed her.. My cat was a reeeeeeeeal pain for my gradma the only time we let him with her IN OUR own house!!! She was terrifed!!!!

Imagine how you would feel if your familly left you alone in a forein enviroment with no-one familliar..

BUT that doesn't mean much.. If it was this hard on you then you simply can't take care of her.. Especially if one of your kids react so badly from fear!!!

You did what you had to do given the curcomstances!

I agree with Yvette, she should clean up the wee!
If the dog is scaring phoebe then you are doing the right thing hun. Your friend said the dog was trained and quiet, obviously she was telling porky pies!
I wouldnt worry hun, once your friend has time to think about what her dog has done then im sure she will come back to you and apologise xxx

You have no reason to feel guilty! Your child has to come first. Either the dog has some separation anxiety issues or you were badly misled about it's behavior. Either way, you are right in asking her to make other arrangements for the dog. Don't feel guilty!!