Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucky Strike

Foreign languages in films

If you see an english movie you'll notice some things.. One of them is the foreign languages!

Usually the spanish and french are fine.. BUT every other language for those that speak it it's crazy!!!

Germans, chinese, italian roshian, etc..

For me every time i hear them trying to speak greek just brings tears from laughter in my eyes!!!!! I can barelly understand what they say and it's sooooooooooo far of that it's rideculous!

Does this stand with other languages too? If you know them as a foreigh one you should be able to tell me congratulations

just think greek actor trying speak english what do u think ??????? LaughingLaughing thats hilarious lol

Yeah but with spanish is the same! You have to guess what the're saying, not only for the pronunciation but for the grammar too =P

German voice overs are actually pretty good, although in some films I sit there and say 'I could have translated it better'. Hehehe.

Do you mean when you watch a movie or cartoon in English and there is language like Japanese but no translations? If Yes, I wathc Case Closed and one person got a letter it was In Japanese symbols and nobody read it out loud: frustrating Laughing

Hehe! I mean when the actors try to do another accent or to speak a language they have no clue about.. Laughing

We watched a movie awhile back with a German friend. There was a bit of German in it, and he said that the translation wasn't too bad, but that the usage was wrong. Guess they were using a tense that you would use with strangers, etc, rather than the family members that they were. It was interesting to have him translate what we'd never been able to understand in the past. I've often wondered about those translations.