Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

My latest dress.

I just got back from the hair stylist. I went out on a limb and decided to get a permanant. I haven't had one in over ten years and the last time I did, I looked rather like a female version of Gene Wilder. The lady who did it did a really good job, and I don't look like I stuck my finger in a light switch. A very good thing.

I decided that it would be a good time for me to show a picture in my newest hand sewn dress. I went through a lot of grief sewing this, as this fabric is cheap and not very easy to work with. I am overjoyed that it came out as well as it did.

Yay! Can't wait! I wish I were so talented, the only thing I'm good at home is cooking >.

Cooking is cool. I like to cook some, when I know what I want to cook and if we have company coming to devour it. Otherwise, I prefer doing other things.

wow!!! yvette ur such a talented person gifted with too much talent...i wish i was same like you, but one thing for sure i got a singing and dancing talent, lol...

but seriously ur dress is great! it was like a dress for arab ladies here...it was like u've used an expensive materials for it. great job!!!

Thanks Chay. I was going for renaissance, but I like cultural outfits too, so it's greatly appreciated.

I sing, not dance. I am thinking about going back to school and studying music as it's been a passion of mine since I was a kid.

wow, look who jumped right out of a fairytale!!!!!!! lovely dress... Smile i agree with chay...you're so talented!! i always wanted to learn how to sew...but i suck at anything that uses up creativity...

What a lovely dress - you are so talented! The design is really nice, and the color looks quite rich and deep.

aww what a beautiful dress ... well done .. i wish if i can sew too ... you must be proud of your self hun xxxx

Thanks everyone. I really love to make new clothes. I am working on a dress that I will be wearing for my 40 1/2 birthday party on the 22nd. I can hardly wait to have it done. It's coming together very nicely, and I should have it done by the end of next week.

as always, great job!! you've got so much talent in those hands!!!

Thanks everyone, today my husband's cousin's wife invited us to a renaissaince fair, so I will be able to wear it this weekend. Smile I really am happy, and my next dress is nearly finished, should have it done by the end of next week.

It's going to be beautiful.

It's sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. I so likeeeee it. I have kinda same color I wear it during winters whenever possible..........Love your work.........keep it up........Smile

Guest Guest
You are really talented! Your renaissance dress looks amazing! The deep forest green gives it such richness, and the detailing makes all the difference. I don't think anyone would have known that you used a less expensive fabric - the look of this velour look great. I love to read medieval and renaissance romance books, so this is right up my alley!

Sven and I attended a renaissance faire last weekend, and I was able to wear it. I really did have a great time, and it was great getting to wear the dress that I had put so much time on.

My newest dress will be finished hopefully today, but I will probably not do any pictures in it until my party on the 22nd. After the party, I will probably post pictures from it.

My latest dress will be finished tonight, and OMG it's really beautiful. I think you will be surprised. I can't wait to show it off. Just gotta finish the trimming and then the lining. I can't wait to have it done.