Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Disney Items

Guest Guest

I'm digging the disney items PS been doing...

But those you familiar with Disney... would know how scary they can be with copyright claims. Sad

My friend told one time that she knew a mother who wanted a Disney character like Micky mouse or Pluto, to be drawn on their child's birthday cake but the store refused to do it because of copyright claims, and apparently that if they did do it, Disney would come and sue, and i've of some other scary lawsuits Disney did to people who wanted to use their characters for stuff just for fun..

That being said, do you think Playfish is safe from the Disney items they've been doing? Cause they really do look exactly like the Disney designs, (even if these fairy tale stories are very old before Disney, they are copying the designs Disney did.)

I wanna buy the new items coming out.. but I'm afraid Disney may make some lawsuit and get all the items removed... which would be awful for everyone. Sad

Hmmm...wow...I wasn't aware Disney was so serious!

btw are you still looking for the pirate prince clothes??

I dont think that a company as big as Playfish would ever use any items that are covered by copyright, especially by a company as powerful as Disney

I would say that any items that you buy would be perfectly safe hun

I gotta agree with Lisa Smile

Even though they look alike they are not the same Smile

And EA and Playfish are veeeeeery carefull Smile

Don't worry

I must admit i always thought about this myself, playfish have often created items from films e.g Bella and Edwards wigs from Twilight. and you would think that something would be said, obviously not. so i would agree with Lisa, if they had really broken the law something would have happened by now hun x

My experiences with copyright are rather extensive, for the simple fact that I deal with it every time I write a lyric set.

Yes, the stuff is quite similar is true, but seeing as they don't call the items by the names 'Mrs. Potts', 'Chip', 'Gaston' and so on sort of indicates that the game items are not 'the very same' as in the films. If they called them all by those names, then yes, there would be copyright infringements going on and Disney would probably react accordingly.

Since these are multimillion dollar corporations and not private indivuals, they may be doing a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' thing. That is, when these themes come out, people who play these games may or may not have the DVDs for said movies yet...so if they don't and they feel inspired, they may actually go out and buy them. It may also be that Playfish / EA got permission from Disney to use their films as themes back when they first started using their films as themes. After all, they already have done 'The Little Mermaid', 'Pirates of the Carribean', and now 'Beauty and the Beast'. If there were issues, then I think Disney would have said something ages ago.

In end effect, perhaps they are benefitting from this far more than Playfish / EA.

All the same, Disney may hold some rather strong copyrights, but they do not own the concept of 'Beauty and the Beast'. They obviously know that, and maybe that's the deciding factor. Of course, they do own 'PoC', so it may be that they have been made aware of it and are using the game for free advertising.

Guest Guest
thanks for all the replies !!

It makes me relieved that we're safe then. I just didn't want something random happening where we may lose items due to lawsuits after since most are CCs and stuff and that be awful.

Now i can buy with relief. XD

phew!
if they took all the disney items away I would literally have to redecorate my entire house :C
atm every room is a different classic movie :3