Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Which is the best ?

Who makes the best toy cars for a buck or less? It has been asked before but it's time to reconsider. For many years, Hot Wheels and Matchbox have dominated this market. Do they still deserve this level of respect?

....... Decide for yourself. I already did as the title of this story makes clear. Real Toy wins by more than a nose. It is simply at a quality level beyond any of the competition. Welly, Maisto and Racing Champions get honorable mention and Majorette, Matchbox and Hot Wheels are trailing the field.

Read full article: http://www.breithaupts.com/totc439.htm

They should compare metal and plastics used. Weight of car determines how much metal and thick the metal is used. So some compromise is acceptable. Also non of the other manufacturers makes more than 100 models a year compared to HW. I would rate Realtoy a second. But most of it are variants of the same car that is in league of Matchbox. Because Realtoy has only so small models, it is easy for them to spot problems. With Hw its too hard.

If you tell me bang for buck in any 1/64 car models, it has to be Maisto Pro Rodz (not the current custom) series. And also Tomica Limited series. Both almost hitting RM20 per car, u don't need to bang your head looking for so many models like Hot Wheels.

Its funny to see such write up. Presumely its an adult written it. And the cars are targetted at kids. Small kids that would rip off the pack then crash and burn the car. If it was collectors, they would post such things like this. But then because they are adults and they know the value of money. But kids doesn't, they just want to get the car they want and rip the roads. It seems not fair to HW a little. But as an adult i would say to the guy, stop being critical and change brands if u think HW is crappy. But he can't because the cars Hw has is not available in other brands.

What the author said was true. He said for toy cars for a buck or less, OK!

This is a never ending debat.

IMHO, I pick Hot Wheels for its collectors base and resale value. Based on this perspective, what would you choose?

tesco cars aka fast lanes.. i love them and they are dirt cheap ... castings are nice .. details are there and some of them look wonderful

Real Toy = Tesco Cars = Fast Lane = sama je.. Laughing

Quote :
What the author said was true. He said for toy cars for a buck or less, OK!

In fact there are many more generic cars for less than a buck, if you care to look at more counters. Can't always rely on what is written kid.

Those fast lane don't spend millions on advertising and promotions. So you do the math.

Oh u are a grown up. Then promptly replace the "kid" with "man". hehehe.