Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matchboxclub

Can u Guess What's this?

anyone of u guys know what's this?? bounce

Get a chance to get your hand on Blogger Adsense Guide e-Book for FREE Smile
Just guess what's the object below and you will stand a chance to win
this e-book for free.. Send in your entries now, Winners will be
announced end of June 2009.. See contest details here >> Guess What's this? & WIN a Blogger Adsense Guide e-Book FREE!!

Thats an engine sensor. I'm pretty sure it is a engine coolant sensor or engine temperature sensor. The prize is some software? C'mon not interesting prize at all. If you give out a T-hunt$ i'm sure many would have replied here aeons ago. Unless you are a SPAM bot.

Its a bummmer for me. But since i already revealed what it is. Any takers from other people?

eh...it awfully looks like a VERY USED spark plugs to me LOL Very Happy

itu macam kepala paip aje.. or some sort of.. ha haaa..

- kepala paip
- paip connector
- paip stopper
- pili bomba, oh nope.. joking

Its definitely a sensor. The copper connector at the top is a sensor attachment (Look at the reflection). The body has a hex design indicating its a screw in attachment of either water, engine oil or even exhaust sensor. The bottom the installer had used teflon tape to cover the hole. Blue color discharge indicates rust and most likely in contact with water. Unless this sensor is used for machines, then i dunno la. But i'm 100% sure its a sensor.

keke.. u guys are correct for those who answered it's actually the radiator fan switch which look like this Very Happy

screw-10.jpg
the old and the new..

screw-11.jpg

undercoverbrother wrote:
Okay, lol hentam saja lah.. radiator fan switch?

matchboxclub wrote:
keke.. u guys are correct for those who answered it's actually the radiator fan switch which look like this Very Happy

Yeah i'm rick james! Now where's my Super hunt rabbit(just kidding)

the radiator fan switch got rusted and the radiator fan can't turn at aall, I had to changed it last month plus a major fix for my car coz the radiator pipes busted Crying or Very sad

keke.. undercoverbrother sori la no Super Hunt.. but i can mail u the prize , juz let me know ur email Smile

dear matchboxclub,

its actually called an NTC switch.
Negative Temperature Coefficient switch.
in layman terms, the radiator fan switch.

a NTC generally has the following characteristics, when the temperature rises, the internal resistance drops, thus allowing the currecnt to flow. in this case, it controls the radiator fan's grounding.
when the coolant is hot the resistance will be low n current will be able to flow enabling the fan to function

from t pic, i guess it comes from a proton/mitsubishi. if so, it shud be located at t bottom of t radiator. and a direct wire going to the radiator fan will be attached to it..

am i correct?