Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarieJuliette

False eBay listing

I just wanted your opinion about false eBay listings.
As you might now, I started collecting with Highway 35 World Race and Acceleracers.
I'm the owner of the Accelepedia, a site all about those 2 lines and the movies.
We have an extensive database about the cars and we know a lot about those.
A member of my site came across this
AUCTION.
It says that's a ZAMAC Nitrium. I checked out the info I had, discussed with the other members and compared with the pics we have in the database, we conclude that it's a variation. So I contact the seller and tell her about this. And I also include pics and links to the Accelepedia of the variations as proof of what I'm saying.
Her answer was this:

It does not matter to some people as they will agree with us. U may call it what u wish. Ok. Thanx.

What do you think about this kind of reply? She's obviously wrong but won't admit it or is trying to make money out of the people that don't know about. I think it's totally wrong......

Here are the links to the Accelepedia with the variation pics:
LINK
You can read that it's already been documented that there's a flat silver body and a shiny silver body. How can someone pass that for a ZAMAC ?????

Not so much false...but description of item should be corrected and not leave it as below....

"....NITRIUM #2 ZAMAC LIKE ( UN-PAINTED ) RARE...DARK GRAY..."....

...and after looking at that pic, reminds me that Mario has a couple variation on this particular casting Smile

Speaking of Acceleracers, i'm actually looking for quite number of cars all from Racing Drones. Is there any way i could purchase it with your help, or maybe trade with t-hunts?

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Not so much false...but description of item should be corrected and not leave it as below....

"....NITRIUM #2 ZAMAC LIKE ( UN-PAINTED ) RARE...DARK GRAY..."....

...and after looking at that pic, reminds me that Mario has a couple variation on this particular casting Smile

You're right about it Rayz. And that's what I told the seller, with pics to prove my point. But she only gave me the reply I've posted. She stands by the ZAMAC LIKE description.

undercoverbrother wrote:
Speaking of Acceleracers, i'm actually looking for quite number of cars all from Racing Drones. Is there any way i could purchase it with your help, or maybe trade with t-hunts?

Unfortunatly, I don't have anymore extras and those have been off the market since 2007.
Your best best is to check out the Accelestore on eBay (the guy running it is a member of the Accelepedia) and detail99 who has a lot of Acceleracers to sell. If you contact them, mention MJ for the Accelestore or jory0622 for detail99.
I also suggest you check out the toy peddler ( www.thetoypeddler.com ).

Well...MJ...we can only whisper 'YOU can take it to your GravE!' Very Happy LOL...

clearly, she just want to make easy buck........pretty common with net sales.......

no pride.....just money money money........

You're so right!
And it's sad that it will be someone who doesn't know about the cars that will pay the big prices.
All the members on the Accelepedia know about the variation, but it's the desperate person who really wants it badly that will pay the price.