Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zacktan

Hot Wheels Bugatti Veyron DIAMOND EDITION

So I was browsing thru eBay and I found a
DIAMOND EDITION Hot Wheels Bugatti Veyron!
Talk about exclusivity and only one made.. for just $99!

The materials used in my secret process consists of diamond dust..." HAHAHHAHHAHHAA WHAT?!!!!

"SAY NO TO DADAH"
That dude is "high" off his butt thinking of making another 2008 HW 40th Anniversary Diamond car.
Usd$99 for diamonds? Come on man, even if he's selling rm6.90 I won't even buy it.

There's only one Diamond Car I knew: USD$140k

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=671

Diamond dust is obtained when a diamond is cut. If you know a jeweller, you could get them. Last time there were gold dust too. But nowdays the re-harvest them back compared to how they dump it in the drain last time. Remember long time ago you read in newspapers that there were actually people mining for gold at the back drains of goldsmiths shops?

It is actually an ok custom job. The bad thing is he never thought to skim down the body thinner to accommodate the thickened stainless steel and diamond parts. You could see he used some swarovski crystals near the engine bay and the lights. It would be worth it, if the workmanship is there. If he used ruby colored swarovskis, to match the diamonds, would be cool.

But this is a better effort than the last one where a guy tried to sell 50 customs for 1 million dollars, by sticking other toys on HW cars.

Actually it is not fair to compare that totally handmade diamond car. The body is one off casted with precious metal. And then everything single piece of jewel is laid on.

Unless you have seen how customizing any products with precious stones is done, the 40th anni diamond HW may or not may be a good quality product. Because we only see the pictures, it may not have a good craftsmanship as lets say a similarly hand laid handphone.

Because its like you see the customs made by everyone here. You think its nice, but there are flaws here and there. Slapping a rubber wheel on the car does not make a Larry's garage car right? How come it is more easy to accept a simple custom like that than a harder one like working with precious stones on the body? Why are there 2 standards in the rating system?

netmatrix wrote:
How come it is more easy to accept a simple custom like that than a harder one like working with precious stones on the body?

Easy to accept a simple custom because of it's simplicity.

Anything to do with jewel, gold, diamond with a toy is way too much, over-the-top, and if I may add... a blady con-job.
Except for the Diamond car from Hotwheels, they did because, they just gotta do something big for the Anniversary but THAT is official.

That joker, I don't think he's expecting anyone to buy it, it's pretty silly if anyone would, he's just want to show-off his "brilliant" craft in creating something. I feel slightly insulted as an HW collector, just because he sticks some "diamond dust" on a toy car and I have to be at awe over what he created? Am I that easily manipulated by those crystal of greed?
I rather stay to the ground and play easy with my cars, that's the message I will continue to sent out as a hotwheels toy enthusiast.

How can it be simple when you start to put tampos on the newly painted car? And to think that most HW basic cars with flames stripes and images are simple? In fact for USD 99 i think it is cheap. Swarovski crystals aren't cheap you know? Unless you were thinking the car should cost the same as locally custom'ed ones, then i have nothing to say. If he puts up more workmanship on it, he could bump it up to USD 500?

I still cannot agree that 40th anni is the numero uno of HW collecting. Its basically a bling'ed up Hw car. But people buy it because there is only 1. And you know how we all like limited edition kaw kaw stuff. If that were offered say 40 units each at USD 10000. But not diamonds but swarovski crystals. It would still be desirable right? What say if they did a cross over and a company like Poh Kong or Habib making a replica of it? What do you think of it then? Don't but because these companies are trying and not official?

And this guy only made 1. Its not like he made hundreds of those. i mean i would buy it if the workmanship was better. Then i kill him just to bump up the price for resale just like other artist. hahaha.

Think he made a few which he claims so... Swarovski crystals that's what he "claims" also but how true it is? I can't tell.
Regardless whether it is made by Tiffany or Poh Kong, as long as it's an official product I guess it means originality, I feel it's fine.

I am going to buy some gold dust and put into my Fong Keong canvas shoes and after that I will put it up at EvilBay. USD$99.99. See any shoe collectors would want to bid it. I even throw in a nice looking case too. It should be desirable too right?

P.S. come join us for minum la this Thursday netmatrix!

Atomkinder wrote:
Think he made a few which he claims so... Swarovski crystals that's what he "claims" also but how true it is? I can't tell.
Regardless whether it is made by Tiffany or Poh Kong, as long as it's an official product I guess it means originality, I feel it's fine.

I am going to buy some gold dust and put into my Fong Keong canvas shoes and after that I will put it up at EvilBay. USD$99.99. See any shoe collectors would want to bid it. I even throw in a nice looking case too. It should be desirable too right?

P.S. come join us for minum la this Thursday netmatrix!

Now you get it. If you can custom anything that is worth mentioning, then you could set an agreeable price for it. Of course you can market it however if FK shoes did make a colaboration with local artist to relaunch their brand, why not? If this bling'ed up FK shoes a hit in Malaysia and some sneaker heads would definitely not pass up right? Like you have Kanye West making a LV sneaker. Now Kanye could have make the sneaker with FK shoes. But he has a rep to adhere to. Not that FK can pay him millions in royalties anyway right? hahaha

Ps : Where you guys minum this Thursday? Today i'm at home feeling dizzy la. This whole month have been working hard to clear up work backlog. Its been hectic la. Cannot find time to hunt also.