Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hokuan

K-day in US

From what I know, during this day, Kmart will allow selected collectors to open fresh cases and take the cars he want. It's like a lucky draw for collectors. Anymore info to share about this event? Quite an interesting one.

LOL ... now only u realize got such a thing ... LOL ....

Ok here are the details on how this is usually run .....

1. Depending on the size of the Kmart/Sears store and the sales of their HW usually each store receive 1 Master Case or more.

2. Each Master case usually consist of 8 36car case. But as I said earlier this is pending the size of the Kmart/Sears.

3. Each 36 car case, if you follow my blog usually consist of 1 Reg Thunt, 2 each of the Kmart exclusive and the balance is a mixture of first to market cars and also older releases. Sometimes there is a $ Thunt inside these case.

4. Usually collectors will line up before the store is open and are given numbers. If the number given out are more then the number of case available, usually a draw is done.

5. If there are sufficient cases, every collector gets a fresh case to be open by themselves.

6. If not, lots are drawn and the lucky few will get to open the fresh cases and be the first to pick through. Usually during this type of situation, each collector are limited to the number of a cars they can take from a case. A time limit is also given.

7. Those less luckier ones will just have to pick up the left overs .....

I hope this clear them out but there is another way you can get them but it's a pain to get them ....

I see i see, so those who bring along their family should have more chances to open a case.

hokuan wrote:
I see i see, so those who bring along their family should have more chances to open a case.

yes bro, got a lot of people complain that some collector bring their anak n cucu to chop spot so that they got higher chance to get a case..... there are even a report that a datuk bring his 8 cucu every KMART event ... habis lah ini macam .....

But be warned ...... some kedai ada insider ...... before the goods come out the THUNT sudah hilang ......

Looking to growing number of collectors..no doubt one day Jusco,Tru, or errrr..maybe 7e will doing the same. Aiyakkkk!!

Interesting way of selling the hot wheel by KMart. Sayang it is dominate by big boys.