Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sahama

No police report needed for lost birth certificate, passport, driving licence

The public no longer need to make a police report for lost or damage birth, marriage, academic and vehicle registration certificates, a Malaysian passport, a driving licence and a land grant.

This is stipulated under General Circular No. 3 of 2011 issued by the Prime Minister’s Department on Sept 29. The decision to abolish the requirement was made at the Public Complaints Standing Committee’s meeting on April 6 as police reports were actually a non-administrative practice not provided under any law. However, this circular did not prevent the public from making police reports and government agencies cannot deter the public from doing so.

Yup, I second that, what are they going to do anyway? might as well save all the trouble from filing a report that doesn't really do anything.

there is so many thing people can do if they got your IC or Passport...
just say la example: u lost your IC and u didnt police report and the thief who stole it go kill somebody or he got killed and when police arrive at the crime scene found ur ic or passport how? u will be a crime suspect... or the body can not be recognized... so the police found ur ic on the body so declare u r dead... Shocked

when they make u go report the lost somehow i think we will keep our ic/passport more carefully because we dont to have the hassle to go to police station and make the police report...

malaysia passport also can be sold also to foreigners in the black market...

the possibilities goes on & on...

so i personally think not a very good idea... but hey this is malaysia, malaysia boleh... Smile