Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vandenan

Suggestion: Collectors day in Tesco/Giant/Carrefour/Toys r us etc

Hi All,

I felt so jelous when seeing in youtube some collectors in US post their videos about collector's day at K-Mart. At the event they can easily got the Thunts and super thunts as well fresh item from a box oppened in front of their eyes. I dont know whether this have been discussed here but I feel as a community we should come up with a suggestion letter or email to our local companies to held an event like what K-Mart did. Please share your opinion.. Smile

Well, here, locally, we have
- opening of new outlet
- carnival sale
- promo sale (eg. AEON membership offer, buy 2 free 1, etc.)
- stock clearance (eg. TRU, Mattel, etc.)
- among collectors trade/sell daily / weekly / periodically
etc.

musclemania wrote:
- opening of new outlet
- carnival sale
etc.

Yes its nice to know that a lot is happening but i think the events above happening all over the world or shall I say normal. The collectors day event that made by wallmart are meant specially for hotwheels collectors. In one of the video I saw, they were given numbers like in the post office. Your number will be called upon and a box of 72 new wave cars is openned in front of your eyes and they set a clock to five minutes for you to dig and choose what you want. For the next number called they will open a new set of box. Is it interesting? You got to choose what u want from the 72 pieces rather then go to a MEGA sale and found nothing interesting/or things you already got. What makes me jealous is to see how easy they got the super Thunt and no need to spend a fortune to buy from other collectors or ebay. Since wallmart have similarity as Tesco or giant, I really think the collectors' event is something to be add in the list above. Just my opinion though.

vandenan wrote:
musclemania wrote:
- opening of new outlet
- carnival sale
etc.

Yes its nice to know that a lot is happening but i think the events above happening all over the world or shall I say normal. The collectors day event that made by wallmart are meant specially for hotwheels collectors. In one of the video I saw, they were given numbers like in the post office. Your number will be called upon and a box of 72 new wave cars is openned in front of your eyes and they set a clock to five minutes for you to dig and choose what you want. For the next number called they will open a new set of box. Is it interesting? You got to choose what u want from the 72 pieces rather then go to a MEGA sale and found nothing interesting/or things you already got. What makes me jealous is to see how easy they got the super Thunt and no need to spend a fortune to buy from other collectors or ebay. Since wallmart have similarity as Tesco or giant, I really think the collectors' event is something to be add in the list above. Just my opinion though.

Well, nice suggestion instead, let the Committee to review your idea.
As of now, you only can hunt faster, by luck and get the community for assistance.

musclemania wrote:

As of now, you only can hunt faster, by luck and get the community for assistance.

Agree. But the immergence of re-seller just makes it hard nowadays. Coz right now the trend of buying for the sake of re-selling has become a virus amongs collectors and non collectors. I have met a re-seller to buy a Ken Block and looking at his stock..my gosh it is more than enough..I know there is no rules in making money from buying and reselling but for some reason i felt that its gonna get worse, why I'm saying this because I felt like after seeing the plenty stock of ken block the uncle have I began to think maybe I should play hardball as well..so to held such event like the collectors' day would be some sort of antidote to overcome what currently happening and perhaps no more paying >RM40 (like ecto 1) for the upcoming mystery machine. =)

vandenan wrote:
musclemania wrote:

Agree. But the immergence of re-seller just makes it hard nowadays. Coz right now the trend of buying for the sake of re-selling has become a virus amongs collectors and non collectors. I have met a re-seller to buy a Ken Block and looking at his stock..my gosh it is more than enough..I know there is no rules in making money from buying and reselling but for some reason i felt that its gonna get worse, why I'm saying this because I felt like after seeing the plenty stock of ken block the uncle have I began to think maybe I should play hardball as well..so to held such event like the collectors' day would be some sort of antidote to overcome what currently happening and perhaps no more paying >RM40 (like ecto 1) for the upcoming mystery machine. =)

Again, it ties back to the demand and supply chain effect.
On top of that, it is still a BUSINESS where seller could think of making money. Choice is yours anyway, as the customer.
Join the community more often and get in touch with some so-called true collectors who can trade with you fairly.
Well, bear in mind, if everybody is getting the rare / hard to find car easily (during collector's day), there is no more thrill in hunting. But, bear in my mind, Collector's Day might not that fair either, google for more stories. But that shall not stop you from hunting / getting the car that you have been looking for.
Good luck.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. yes it is a good suggestion where it is like a dream come true. but you have to remember, the sales graph for hw stuff in Malays is really low compared to US. sorry to say, Malaysian collectors mostly love jdm and that is why for this past year, the price of jdm have sky-rocketed. Unlike in US, the number of collectors are bigger. A simple ratio for malaysia to US collectors; 1:100.

My point is, if we have more number of collectors and all of them does't concentrate only to jdm's, the sales would be higher. Hence, the retailer would be happy to do a collector's day because they now they can sell the item fast. You can see in many places where we have peg warmers that have been sitting there for ages. That is why the retailer have a promo buy 2 free 1 where the free car is a peg warmer. However, this is just my honest opinion.

rajaazlanshah363 wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a long time. yes it is a good suggestion where it is like a dream come true. but you have to remember, the sales graph for hw stuff in Malays is really low compared to US. sorry to say, Malaysian collectors mostly love jdm and that is why for this past year, the price of jdm have sky-rocketed. Unlike in US, the number of collectors are bigger. A simple ratio for malaysia to US collectors; 1:100.

My point is, if we have more number of collectors and all of them does't concentrate only to jdm's, the sales would be higher. Hence, the retailer would be happy to do a collector's day because they now they can sell the item fast. You can see in many places where we have peg warmers that have been sitting there for ages. That is why the retailer have a promo buy 2 free 1 where the free car is a peg warmer. However, this is just my honest opinion.

Agree on the focus on the JDM. Someone very experienced in trading hotwheels told me if you want to trade here in malaysia makesure you have a lot of JDM. I think in the US these trend also starts to bloom beside them collecting THUNTS as for them JDM's pretty limited. In one of the video I've seen in youtube after the collectors day event the unsold cars was put inside a container for clearance at USD 1.09.

It easy ... for the upcoming HWCM Dinner event all collectors gathered at noon for example at Tesco Extra Shah Alam .... say if 90% turn up it easily 200+ people.
Call the highest rank at the Tesco, hand them the memorandum.
Then probably Tesco Shah Alam can put a slot every 2-3 months once for our collectors event and that will be a massive news here in Malaysia resulting more and more people collecting Hotwheels. Congrats Vandenan, very good suggestions.

musclemania wrote:

On top of that, it is still a BUSINESS where seller could think of making money. Choice is yours anyway, as the customer.
Join the community more often and get in touch with some so-called true collectors who can trade with you fairly.
Well, bear in mind, if everybody is getting the rare / hard to find car easily (during collector's day), there is no more thrill in hunting. But, bear in my mind, Collector's Day might not that fair either, google for more stories. But that shall not stop you from hunting / getting the car that you have been looking for.
Good luck.

I do agree with the demand and supply chain effect and looking forward to join the community more often. Regarding to your claim there will be no more thrill in hunting if there is Collectors day I am quite disagree because Collector's day that I would like to suggest here is not an every day/week or month event. If so then yes the thrill of hunting would be less. But if the event is done like once or twice annualy it would be very interesting. For me, going to a collectors day is also called hunting but the chances of getting something better are increased than random hunting. As far as I am concern not all the boxes have a THunts in it, its also concidered luck. In another video, a guy who on that day found 2 similar Thunt during the event, after the event while he was recording back to his car he passed a boy looking so sulky and the boy tell him that he was unlucky not getting any thunts so what he did was give the extra he got for free and the boy was so happy. Now that the spirit of a true collectors which can happened if such events is held. The joy is shared coz hotwheels collectors are not just adults. The reason for me to suggest this is to add more excitement to hotwheels collectors here in Malaysia. From only hunting, trading customizing, weekly gathering and etc, now we have something to cheer and shared about.

wildspirit wrote:
It easy ... for the upcoming HWCM Dinner event all collectors gathered at noon for example at Tesco Extra Shah Alam .... say if 90% turn up it easily 200+ people.
Call the highest rank at the Tesco, hand them the memorandum.
Then probably Tesco Shah Alam can put a slot every 2-3 months once for our collectors event and that will be a massive news here in Malaysia resulting more and more people collecting Hotwheels. Congrats Vandenan, very good suggestions.

Tq wildspirit..thats a nice idea as well for a start, maybe we should go direct to their headquaters and send a suggestion letter attached with our signatures for support. Or maybe we have a collectors who work in adminstration of mattel malaysia or some of the outlet we can send the letter to them.

vandenan wrote:
musclemania wrote:

Good luck.

I do agree with the demand and supply chain effect and looking forward to join the community more often. Regarding to your claim there will be no more thrill in hunting if there is Collectors day I am quite disagree because Collector's day that I would like to suggest here is not an every day/week or month event. If so then yes the thrill of hunting would be less. But if the event is done like once or twice annualy it would be very interesting. For me, going to a collectors day is also called hunting but the chances of getting something better are increased than random hunting. As far as I am concern not all the boxes have a THunts in it, its also concidered luck. In another video, a guy who on that day found 2 similar Thunt during the event, after the event while he was recording back to his car he passed a boy looking so sulky and the boy tell him that he was unlucky not getting any thunts so what he did was give the extra he got for free and the boy was so happy. Now that the spirit of a true collectors which can happened if such events is held. The joy is shared coz hotwheels collectors are not just adults. The reason for me to suggest this is to add more excitement to hotwheels collectors here in Malaysia. From only hunting, trading customizing, weekly gathering and etc, now we have something to cheer and shared about.

Noted of your point but we sincerely wish that if that is materialized, it will not turn up to be another disappointment (the scenario as what we could always see whenever there was stock clearance/promo/etc.), ended up ... more ranting, dissatisfaction, etc.
Anyhow, looking forward for the positive aspect of the event cheers

musclemania wrote:

Noted of your point but we sincerely wish that if that is materialized, it will not turn up to be another disappointment (the scenario as what we could always see whenever there was stock clearance/promo/etc.), ended up ... more ranting, dissatisfaction, etc.
Anyhow, looking forward for the positive aspect of the event cheers

Its hard to satisfy everybodys needs. We will hear rant and dissatisfaction even at the most perfect event. But at least to try to satisfy everyone would be better than none. The organizer should improve on and on. BTW, does anybody could recall their childhood years in collecting hotwheels? Do you look for THUNTS during that years too? If I had a boy in the future I'm looking forward to encourage him to collect (not only play) hotwheels and maybe if this event become reality I'll bring him for sure (of course if he do like it)..=)

rajaazlanshah363 wrote:

Ganah demo kecek matsaleh.. xpehe kawe...

Bdak nubis Vandenan ni memang dasat....dasaq....dasak....epic. Rasa dier boley cipta lagu hotwheels tuk hwcm yg akan dtg yo cheers

msclee wrote:
Bdak nubis Vandenan ni memang dasat....dasaq....dasak....epic. Rasa dier boley cipta lagu hotwheels tuk hwcm yg akan dtg yo cheers

Hahaha..biso ambo..actually dok la nubis sangat cumo jare nak aktif sini jo..not to be disrespect to other Old Timers..just to share my hope

BTW, if this event becomes a reality in the future what do you think the organizer will include in the event? I dont know if there is a specific methods in terms of how the event is held at wallmart. Coz in some videos show they bought 2 3 boxes and opened at home on the other video you were given number and your number will be called like lucky draw before you can buy. Sorry I just watch too much youtube =)

vandenan wrote:
msclee wrote:

Hahaha..biso ambo..actually dok la nubis sangat cumo jare nak aktif sini jo..not to be disrespect to other Old Timers..just to share my hope

BTW, if this event becomes a reality in the future what do you think the organizer will include in the event? I dont know if there is a specific methods in terms of how the event is held at wallmart. Coz in some videos show they bought 2 3 boxes and opened at home on the other video you were given number and your number will be called like lucky draw before you can buy. Sorry I just watch too much youtube =)

scratch???scratch???scratch???scratch???scratch???

tubik slalu slalu sini, boh.....baru rghama orghe buleh kenal......... brows

CHAH wrote:

bereh..

CHAH wrote:

Mu baby hisak budu weh?

[quote="vandenan"]

musclemania wrote:
Do you look for THUNTS during that years too? If I had a boy in the future I'm looking forward to encourage him to collect (not only play) hotwheels and maybe if this event become reality I'll bring him for sure (of course if he do like it)..=)

I could recall lots of blue box of MBX at my hometown during my childhood time bounce but I din take any pale

My son likes to HULK SMASH the cars affraid

jackdy wrote:
rajaazlanshah363 wrote:

Ganah demo kecek matsaleh.. xpehe kawe...

Kawe pehe tapi tak pandai guano nak jawab.. Haha

huileng wrote:

Kawe pehe tapi tak pandai guano nak jawab.. Haha

Jawab je bahasa apa pun..hahahha

wildspirit wrote:
CHAH wrote:

Mu baby hisak budu weh?

hahaha....aku orak ngerti weh....... tonguetonguetongue

Well.. the question is, how are we going to achieve the proposal? Start with..

List of I think what we should initiate.

1) Get support from all members here like voting to say yes or no to such event
2) Discuss and research of the relevent of this event and see if it can be a reality
3) Form an informal commitee in producing suggestion letter during gathering
4) Find list of possible organizers including its contact person to send this suggestion letter
5) Discuss event activity, date, location
6) Write the letter and get as much signature we could to show support

Just my idea if we want to start an event..

Such events like TRU exclusive, Kmart day and such requires the supermarket to work hand in hand with the manufacturer. Over here TESCO, CARREFOUR and GIANT are not US company. KMart & Target is US company. So they could liaise easily with the company that sells their products. This country difference is already a big hurdle to jump.

trueno wrote:
Such events like TRU exclusive, Kmart day and such requires the supermarket to work hand in hand with the manufacturer. Over here TESCO, CARREFOUR and GIANT are not US company. KMart & Target is US company. So they could liaise easily with the company that sells their products. This country difference is already a big hurdle to jump.

Reasonable explanation here....as Mattel are from USA between Tesco (UK) Carrefour (France) and Giant (Local) thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

msclee wrote:
trueno wrote:

Reasonable explanation here....as Mattel are from USA between Tesco (UK) Carrefour (France) and Giant (Local) thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

how about harvey norman?

sahama wrote:
toys rs full of insiders

Is it? no wonder till now their stocks looks unupdated. I've went to Midvel and KLCC's toysrus and see similar old stock but I cant comment anything regarding to insider. It might be true.

Insider ke, outsider ke, up-sider ke, down-sider ke, not to worry much, jst go and hunt.

musclemania wrote:
Insider ke, outsider ke, up-sider ke, down-sider ke, not to worry much, jst go and hunt.

If only I got jobs like Huileng..can visit lots of shopping malls and supermarket =)..everyday = hunting

tak pernah dapat keto come kat tru..

oooiii.. my job not easy lar wei... :'(

Pro and cons for outlet-relate-job. Cons is, we'll spend daily cos we can't resist the poisonous stuffs on peg LOL

Laughing take resit claim with company, hahaha.. entertaiment fee (dreaming lar )

huileng wrote:
tak pernah dapat keto come kat tru..

oooiii.. my job not easy lar wei... :'(

not easy but syiokkk can find many hotwheels hehehehe =)