Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Okay people! Here is my story that got poofed at the AI forums. I'll start by reposting parts 1-4 and start working on part 5. Enjoy!! Love y'all!! Awww Love

So, there I was just minding my own business having coffee in my local coffee shop when I spotted a guy sitting at the next table. I couldn’t really see his face since he had a baseball cap on and had his head down reading. Oh wait, that’s not a book. What is that? Is that a crossword puzzle?

I guess he could feel me staring at him because he raised his head, looked directly at me and smiled.

Whoa! I wasn’t prepared for that. He was incredibly good looking in a very comfortable and not off-putting way. Then he spoke… “Hi, I’m wondering if you can help me. I’m having a hard time trying to answer one of the clues in this puzzle and my brain is starting to hurt from all this thinking.”

I stammered that I would try to help but deep down I really didn’t care about the crossword puzzle. I just wanted to be closer to this guy! How could a word nerd be so hot? It must be his smile.

Soon we were talking about more than the crossword. I found out that his name is David and that he’s a part-time fireman

And full-time musician.

There seemed to be an immediate connection between the two of us. There was an electricity that was palpable and exciting. At one point words failed us and he just stared into my eyes.

Lord help me! I was done talking. I never do anything like this but something was different about this guy. “You wanna get outta here?” I asked. “Yeah, I live just around the corner. Would you like to see my guitar?” was his response.

“Very much.” I said! We quickly made our way to his apartment building and headed up the elevator.

I never wanted him to stop looking at me like that! When we got to his apartment he took out his guitar and started playing it for me.

When he was done I said “My turn!”. I took his guitar and played it for him over, and over and over.

Who knew playing guitar could be so exhausting? Look at him sleeping…isn’t he an angel? I think I’ll make him pancakes in the morning.

Ah, the sun was shining bright the next morning and filtering in softly through the window. The sight of him lying there watching me with the light framing him beautifully made my heart race.

“Good morning sunshine!” he said. “Can I interest you in a muffin?”

“Ooooh, I love a man bearing baked goods” I said. “Really? Then how about I make you my famous cupcakes later?”

“Will there BE a later?” I ventured. He laughed and said, “Sorry, anybody who can play guitar like that isn’t going to get away from me that easily. I have to go to work now but I’ll text you later.”. Just before he left he put on big sunglasses

a scarf

and a hat

Totally amused I asked, “Are you in the witness protection program or something?”. “No” he explained “Apparently there’s this guy on a singing reality show that looks just like me and I’ve been getting stalked by these girls calling themselves ‘Word Nerds’. Can you imagine?”.

“Stalking Word Nerds??? What are they doing, throwing crosswords at you? Oh well, be careful out there.” I warned. “Text ya’ later sexy.” The day went on and all I could think about was him. After lunch my phone rang with an incoming text with a picture…. “I’m playing at a club downtown tonight at 9:00. I’m holding my voice hostage until I hear from you.”.

What a riot! I texted back that I would be there and then rushed home to pick out my outfit. I wanted to wear the perfect thing and by David’s reaction when he saw me I knew that I had.

That night he was amazing on stage.

I was in the front row and had the perfect view. Does it get any better than this?

After the show I met all of his bandmates

and had a lot of laughs. Finally it was last call and he got me one last drink and ushered me to a comfy couch.

He talked low and told me how happy he was that I was there. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. My concentration was broken when someone yelled “Closing time!”. I excused myself to the ladies room as he went to talk to the owner. When I came out into the hall he was waiting for me.

The rest of the bar was empty and he dangled the keys to the front door in front of me. “I’ve been trusted to lock up. It’s just you and me. I’ve always wanted to play guitar in an empty club.” I felt flushed. “Come on, don’t you just wanna lie back and… listen?” he continued.

I didn’t know what to say, that look in his eyes was just too irresistible. And then he kissed me. He gently guided me to a bar stool and lifted me up. Oh boy, looks like another long night of guitar playing.

I wonder if he likes French toast?

We must not have set the alarm because I woke up late for work. David looked so cute sleeping that I just couldn’t bear to wake him.

Instead I left him a note. “Thanks for all the strumming. You rock! Which reminds me… screw the look-a-like. YOU should be the one winning a singing competition. Your voice soothes my soul. Grrrrr…” He had the day off so later in the morning we made arrangements to meet back at his apartment for lunch. When I walked in he was sitting in his favorite chair.

“Hey you! What’s that about me in a singing competition? Are you serious?” I could tell it was going to take some convincing to get him to agree. “Well, I saw a flyer yesterday for a local competition and immediately thought of you. You would totally win!” I could tell by the look on his face he wasn’t buying it… yet.

Changing the subject he said “What are you doing tonight?”. It seems that in addition to him being a rescue hero and sexy rocker he likes to play baseball and had a game that night. “You in a baseball jersey? I’m so there!” I said.

We made plans to meet at the field later. He said some of his family would be there so I was a bit nervous. I wanted to make a good impression. I needn’t have worried. Apparently David had talked me up to everyone and they welcomed me with open arms.

I met his two younger brothers, Andrew

and Archie

and even met one of his old school teachers. He’s such a sweetie!

I can't tell you what the sight of him with his friend's baby did to me. Was that my uterus screaming "Yes!!!!!!!!"??? Settle down girl!

Whew!! Moving on... I was pleasantly surprised that he was actually a good pitcher.

He obviously loves the game and I loved him in that hat. He is a multi-faceted man. After the game I met some of his teammates

and then we headed home.

The poor baby was tired after all the activity so I decided I would take care of him. When he resisted the idea of being pampered I decided to get tough. “Listen here dude, I’m the boss tonight and whatever I say goes.” After laughing a bit he decided to give in. “Okay, lets see how hardcore you can be.” Not one to back down from a challenge, I pinned him to the wall.

“How do you like that?” I challenged. “Heh, heh. If your objective is for me to be turned on, then you win.” he purred. I pushed harder and said in my most authoritative voice “Well, I’m not going to give in to your lecherous thoughts until you agree to audition for the singing competition.”. “Fair enough” he said. “I cry uncle! Well played!”

I let go and stepped back. Big mistake! He immediately took over and pushed me onto the bed and stood over me. “You’re so going to make this stupid audition worth my while.” he said. “You won’t regret it” I promised. “Neither will you” he growled.

More guitar playing ensued.

Lord that man is insatiable when it comes to those strings.

Wonder if he has any eggs in the ‘fridge…

The next morning I found myself at work earlier than usual and before anybody else. I knew I had to get some work done since I was leaving early to drive David to the audition but I just couldn’t concentrate. It was hard not to think of the night before.

Eventually the clock hit 3:30 and I bolted. When I arrived at David’s apartment the door was unlocked so I let myself in. I should have knocked. As soon as I opened the door I stopped in my tracks. “What in the world are you doing????” I blurted out. I never knew Risky Business was David’s favorite movie.

“Oh this… this is how I’m going to the audition babe.” he said as he strutted towards me.

“I KNOW you’re kidding. You’re not getting in my car like that.” I threatened. He feigned being hurt. “Fine, then I’ll just ride my bike!”

The mental image of that sent me into fits of laughter. I swatted his rear end as he headed upstairs to change. When I heard the shower turn off I gave him a few minutes and went upstairs to check on his progress. Wow, that man is a killer!

Once he was done primping, we headed to the audition.

There were a lot of people there but David of course was the best of them all.

He made it through and was told to arrive at a local studio on Saturday. He was so excited.

We went to have dinner and a few drinks.

I think a few too many because he decided to commemorate the audition experience with a tattoo. He chose a throbbing heart because I had been teasing him all night that he was going to be the town’s newest heartthrob!

He looked so hot when he was getting inked. He’s such a man and didn’t wince one time.

He just looked at me with penetrating eyes and a smile that told me he felt pain like he felt pleasure… intensely.

That look did all kinds of things to me and when we left the tattoo shop I couldn’t help myself. I led him into a dark alley where he was silhouetted by the street light shining behind him. It was a beautiful sight! I commanded him to take off the tie he was wearing and hand it over.

I looped it back around his neck and pulled him closer. Wouldn’t you know it, that great big guitar he carries with him everywhere he goes was just begging to be played again. I love that instrument!

No breakfast duty for me in the morning… we hit the IHOP on the way home. Guitar playing can sure work up an appetite!

*Waving to you wordnerd4life*! I knew I'd find you here! Yahoo!

*waves back* LOL ... your story is just what I need after a bad day at work ... cant wait for Part 5 and its safe WOO HOO!

and lackasleep ... it is so hot in here *runs to turn on the AC even though it is in the middle of winter* ... why is it that I suddenly had Nelly's voice in my head LOL

I love your picture stories! :] You must continue writing more.

Thanks guys! I'm working on Part 5. Might have something tomorrow. Stay tuned.... Smile

Thanks guys! I'm working on Part 5. Might have something tomorrow. Stay tuned.... Smile

Ohhh! A part 5, yay! :] I can't wait. Your stories are always entertaining.

LOL! I am here, I am here! Took a break from the boards for real life this weekend. I've got the story done now I'm just trying to find the right pictures. It's really tough going through all these pictures of DC!!! Shocked

Okay, I was reading some pretty hot descriptions of our boy from huntwork when I wrote this so it's a little more PG-13. (BTW, if you've never read her captions to pictures you should search for her posts. Whew! Thanks for the inspiration, hunt!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning when I felt David stirring. He had to be to work early and so did I but as I curled up next to him I realized there was nowhere else I’d rather be.

He leaned in for a kiss as he started to get up.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. “Didn’t get enough last night?” he asked, laughing. His eyes were more awake now and dancing with delight. “Nope” I said. “I’m never satisfied.” “Well, that IS a problem, but I have to get going and so do you. I can work my magic later.”. He looked at me with a sly grin that told me despite what he was saying he was willing to play.

I saw that his will was getting weaker. He laid back down beside me and I wiggled my way closer to him, resting my head on his chest. His arm naturally curled around me. I lightly raked my fingers up and down his other arm and then moved my way down his body. I began tracing circles on his abdomen.

“Mmmmmm” he groaned. “You’re being bad.”

I smiled and said “What? I just wanna lay here and be lazy.”. There was a long pause as he enjoyed what I was doing. "That’s not what your fingers are telling me.” he teased. He rolled over to face me and threw his leg over mine. His face looked so flawless. His hair was swept to the side framing his face perfectly, his eyes were penetrating, drinking me in and his lips were parted ever so slightly in anticipation. My heart immediately jumped into my throat.

I stroked his scruff and gave him a soft, wet kiss and then another one. In between he said “Okay, you win. I’ll call in sick.” I smiled and gleefully got up to brush my teeth as he went to use the phone.

After our phone calls we got back under the covers. “Now where were we?” he asked. He put his arm around me and again turned his beautiful face to mine. He put his leg around mine again but this time he quickly rolled over onto his back and brought me with him. Before I knew it I was sitting on top of him and he was grinning from ear to ear.

“I was a wrestler in high school.” he explained. “The thought of you rolling around with another guy isn’t doing anything for me right now. We’ll talk about your ‘bromances’ later.

But I do appreciate your moves!” I leaned down to kiss him hard and his hands reached around my waist and made their way up my back. He took a fist full of my hair and forcefully but gently pulled my head back to kiss my neck. Just before he did he looked at me with such a gleam in his eye and bit his lip as if you say “you asked for it”.

I sat up and took his wrists and pinned them to the pillow over his head.

Then I shook all my hair forward and teased him with it as I started with his chest and slowly worked my way down. By the way he was squirming I could tell it was driving him crazy. I took it to the point where he was begging me to pick up his guitar and I loved it.

I happily obliged his request. We made sweet music all morning and went back to sleep still tangled up in each other. I had sweet dreams to begin with but then they turned strange. In one, David was a super hot superhero racing to save someone.

In another he was a matador in a really uncomfortable looking green outfit.

And right before I woke up I dreamt he was a prize fighter in the championship fight .

Hmmm… I didn’t know what those dreams meant but I knew that when I woke up I couldn’t have painted a better picture. My boyfriend was sitting in a chair across from the bed quietly strumming his acoustic guitar, totally lost in the music he was making come out of it.

The music wasn’t familiar to me but the words he was singing sounded vaguely like a Foo Fighters song I had heard on the radio a while ago. The way he had rearranged it made it almost unrecognizable. He had stripped it down and was singing it so softly and slowly.

I didn’t let him know I was awake and breathlessly listened to the whole thing. When I felt myself choking back a sob, I faked a cough instead and then a yawn. Thinking I had just woken up, he got up from his chair, kissed me on the head and offered to make me an egg sandwich. You gotta love that man.

^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL AnthonyFan! It is a bit TMTH, huh???! Embarassed What can I say, the man has an affect on me!!

^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL AnthonyFan! It is a bit TMTH, huh???! Embarassed What can I say, the man has an affect on me!!

Uh...YEAH! But that's perfectly fine! WooHoo!! And yes, he has an affect on ALL OF US. Very Happy

Drool wordynerdy ... i I'm Not Worthy! to you!! You out did yourself this time!! Is it just me or is it just totally steaming hot in here? *turns on the aircon*

LOL! Glad you girls are likin' it! I'll have to leave you with that one for a while. I'm headed out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday. Enjoy our boyfriend while I'm gone but be gentle! I don't want him worn out when I get back! Smile

Gah! And yes, we will enjoy our boyfriend especially with the material you left us with Wink And don't worry, we don't bite... We are ALL Innocent

oh i will definitely be enjoying our boyfriend, certainly after reading your story Razz

Tuesday needs to get hereee

Ok, this reminds me of how we used to wait for Tuesday when Cookie would sing :O

Tuesday needs to get hereee

Ok, this reminds me of how we used to wait for Tuesday when Cookie would sing :O
lol! i know, right?

Yeah! I was just thinking about it as I was typing my previous post. I just stopped and said, "You know, were waiting for this story like we waited for David to sing. Were posting like crazy saying, 'I can't wait any longer!' and we used to do that, well, everyday like we are now!"

Makes me think of old times Smile

Anyways, I can't wait for more story!!! Razz

Gah! Its now Wednesdaveee! :O And Im leving soon for vacay! Im gonna have picture story withdrawls!

No worries ladies... one's on the way. I apologize for missing TuesDave! (That was so cute!) Our trip back to NC from NY took 15 hours and then my daughter threw up. Poor thing. Very Sad I've got the story ready to go and now it's on to finding pictures. I was trying to be good but then I went and watched videos from the concert last night and there was just no way I couldn't go with what I was feeling. Whew! Stay tuned!

Oh, I hope your daughter feels better real soon Wink

And don't be afraid to go with what your really thinking! Let it all out Razz

Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter. She's fine. I think it was all the crap we fed her and her brother to keep them happy during the long drive. (More gummy worms? Sure! Why not!) Laughing My son of course has an iron stomach!! Anyway, here it goes....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days later we were still recovering from the day we played hookie from our jobs. The day was going to be busy because David had to get to the TV studio to shoot the live show. He was extremely nervous about how his singing would be received but I tried to calm him down as much as possible. Actually, he wasn’t scared as much about that as he was about all the other things that go along with a TV show. Things like which camera to look into,

getting into makeup,

and his wardrobe.

The producers of the show had already told the contestants that family and friends weren’t allowed backstage which disappointed me. David tried to make me feel better by getting me some great seats in the audience.

David was scheduled to sing last. It was torture having to wait that long to see him. The other contestants were really good but in my opinion they couldn’t compare. Finally David came out and sang “All Right Now” by Free.

He worked the stage and played his guitar like mad. I paid attention to the crowd and they were loving it! The judges liked it too. He had established himself as a talented rocker. After the show, I waited for him around the back of the studio. When he came out he was so pumped up.

“Hey you! What did you think? Wasn’t that freakin’ awesome? Hey, I want you to meet some of my new friends.” he said all at once. He introduced me to some of the other contestants.

The producers were pretty strict and all the contestants had a curfew they had to follow. Tomorrow was results day and they needed to be at the studio early to rehearse.

David said he wanted to go home and unwind and I admit that I kind of wanted him all to myself. Before heading back to his apartment we stopped by the grocery store and got some things for dinner. Once we got home he got busy in the kitchen.

I sat on the other side of the breakfast bar watching him cook. He looked so happy and was just going on and on about his experiences. “You would NOT believe it… the wardrobe guy was trying to put me in some crazy outfits. I tried on this bright blue shirt even though I told the guy I sweat profusely.

So I end up with stains and he had these two guys come over and try to blow dry my armpits!! That was definitely NOT in the brochure! Thank God I was able to talk them into the black t-shirt!”

We laughed and I couldn’t help but smile inside to see his eyes sparkle like they were. His energy was infectious.

Dinner was ready in no time. He actually made a delicious meal and we shared a bottle of bubbly.

He held my hand across the table and told me he was thankful I had pushed him to audition. “I told you you wouldn’t regret it. I believe in you and know you’re the one who deserves to have a fabulously successful musical career. Whatever 'IT' is" I said, "You have it in spades." The way he looked at me with his eyes dancing and his crooked smile made my stomach flip.

He was a beautiful man and a beautiful human being. I knew this was the beginning of something big for him and I was so glad to be right here just like this with him. Breaking the stare was difficult but it was getting late. I got up to clear the table but instead he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me down into his lap. He reached up and stroked my cheek and wound his fingers around the curls in my hair. He gently placed his strong hands on either side of my face and brought me forward to give me a slow, soft kiss. It was heavenly. “Do you really think I was good tonight?” he asked tentatively.

I was surprised by his momentary lack of confidence and vulnerability. He needed some extra ego stroking… among other things! I shifted positions so that I was facing him while straddling his lap. “You’re amazing” I reassured him and I wasn’t just talking about his musical talent.

He kissed me again but this time more urgently. As he was kissing me he pressed my back into the table and leaned forward. He released his guitar from it’s case and let it wail. It was so beautiful I almost cried. Guess the dishes will have to wait until tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.