Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

I agree. wordynerdy you are amazing and I too am so glad to have found y'all. I have to say that I have meet so many wonderful people because of one man. Yes that man is David Cook. So I am very Thankful to him for bringing y'all into my life. Group Hug2

Aww thanks wordnerdy! We are thankful for you too! and most deffinately thankful for your stories! Looking forward to the next chapter!!!!! Really cant wait

LOL! It's almost finished. I've been getting distracted by all the appearances he's making. Smile I would have finished it last night but I couldn't see through the tears after his performances at Rockefeller Center. Crying non-stop Also, I think I have too many ideas in this one so I'm trying to cut it down so it flows better. It might be a short one.

I just got internet access back so I'm making a belated Thanksgiving declaration ... I am so thankful for you guys ((hugs))

Eileen ... you are awesome and I love ya girl ((Aussie hugs))

and I cried when I saw David and Neal singing Happy Christmas and I bawled my eyes out when I saw Allie and Nico use Premanent as the song to their dance on the Canadian SYTYCD ... it's in the DD section - check it out ... bring tissues Smile

LOL! It's almost finished. I've been getting distracted by all the appearances he's making. Smile I would have finished it last night but I couldn't see through the tears after his performances at Rockefeller Center. Crying non-stop Also, I think I have too many ideas in this one so I'm trying to cut it down so it flows better. It might be a short one.

oooo cant wait bounce

LOL I think we're all getting distracted. The Ellen appearance he was just so damn adorable, then in NYC...*sigh*...beautiful performance! He looked stunning too. I just can't enough of him, and I'm alright with that! Very Happy

Looking forward to the next chapter. Smile

Hi girls!!! Sorry I've been MIA from the story. I haven't been feeling well and I'm more down about the holidays than I thought. There's too much to do and I don't feel like doing any of it. I swear if I didn't have kids I would stay in bed all day on the 25th!

Okay, enough being "Debbie Downer". The story is done and I'm collecting pictures. Stay tuned for an update hopefully later today. Smile

Wordynerdy - I too have trouble staying "upbeat" for the holidays for several reasons which I won't bore y'all with. Just know that you are not alone and that we are here for you. Look forward to reading the next chapter. Sending you huge hugs!!! Hug

Thanks MT Cougar! That does help and I'm sorry you feel the same. It isn't fun. Especially because Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. But, I put my reindeer antlers and red nose on my van yesterday so it made me smile a bit today. That's right, my minivan is rockin' the Rudolph look right now!!

Just an update: I have most of the pictures assembled but need to edit their sizes, etc. The story might not be up until later or tomorrow morning. Hubby is waiting to have dinner and since it's 8:30 here I can't stall much longer!! LOL! Smile

Hi girls!!! Sorry I've been MIA from the story. I haven't been feeling well and I'm more down about the holidays than I thought. There's too much to do and I don't feel like doing any of it. I swear if I didn't have kids I would stay in bed all day on the 25th!

Okay, enough being "Debbie Downer". The story is done and I'm collecting pictures. Stay tuned for an update hopefully later today. Smile

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had a great day (its my birthday) until a few hours ago...the relatives were over and bored me to tears, then I was watching VH1 and my mom was slamming me about his Ben Affleck comment...and it brought back bad memories of how badly I was tortured for liking David during the last semister of school last year and I started...it was really bad...and I started bawling thinking of it...meh, I get to be a downer sometimes too. Thank God I have all of you!

Group Hug1

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Oklahoma-Texas Line by Rascal Flatts (lyrics here)

Significant verse:
I got all I ever need when at girl is by my side
Everything I love is there inside
A little brick house on the Oklahoma-Texas Line

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 25

Nearly two months had passed since we first arrived in Austin. So far, things were going great but there was definitely an adjustment period. Since getting back together we hadn’t lived in the same town let alone the same house. Even though we would spend weeks at a time with each other it would either be in hotels or spaces that were uniquely mine or his. Learning how to share a space was something completely different. We were slowly getting used to each other though and beginning to learn how to deal with the “cute little quirks” that we realized actually drove us nuts once exposed to them on a daily basis. I mean after all, when you love someone you love the whole person, quirks and all. I just really wish he’d keep things out of his nose!!

Really though, that is a small price and one I gladly pay because there is SO much that’s good to love about David!

We had been in Austin for 5 weeks when David’s birthday rolled around. With the way his music has been received, I had a feeling that very soon he was going to be able to afford anything he wanted. So, what do you get a man who wants nothing, can have everything but who means the world to you?

I wanted it to be something that would symbolize our just having merged our lives together and the brand new start we’d just begun. I came up with the perfect thing and figured out a way to surprise him with it. He had his first Austin gig on his birthday at one of the local clubs. He really wanted to play small venues here to introduce himself and get more practice playing his new songs. He was smokin’ that night and really tore up the stage.

The audience loved it and was very receptive to him. He couldn’t have been happier.

He had a CD signing afterward and it just made me smile to watch him interact with his fans and be able to sign his very own big label CD. I was so proud of him!

Our new neighbors were there in part to see David of course but also in part to be my accomplices in my birthday surprise. They left 15 minutes before we did with a key to our apartment. David didn’t suspect a thing. Of course, when we got home and walked in the front door he was shocked. All he could do was stand there with his mouth open, pointing.

There in he middle of our living room sitting in a play pen was the cutest little pound puppy you had ever seen. He was an English bulldog mix and wore a jaunty red bandana around his little neck. David went nuts when he saw him and immediately picked him up and sat down with the puppy in his lap.

“Happy Birthday!” I said in between laughing. The puppy instantly loved David and couldn’t stop licking him. David looked like a little kid.

“Oh my God, he’s perfect!!” he said. “What made you get me a dog?!!” I was so happy I had made David that happy, I could barely contain myself. I plopped on the floor next to him and the puppy. “Well, I just thought us having our very own pet to take care of together kind of completed the picture for me. Seeing your smile now I know I made the right choice.”

“Thank you.” David said as he leaned over and gave me a kiss. “This is the best birthday present ever! Even though I think he just peed on me!”

David spent the rest of the night frolicking on the floor with the pup. We tried to come up with names because the SPCA wanted something for their records and because we needed to get him a tag. David’s suggestion was “Thomas Callahan III” because “Tommy Boy” is his favorite movie. I had a sneaking suspicion that he wanted that name so that when the puppy got much bigger he could buy him a little jacket and sing “Fat dog in a little coat”. I vetoed that idea. My suggestion was “Rhyman” because David is a songwriter and is frequently rhymin’. He didn’t appreciate that play on words.

In the end, we settled for “Tuesday” which was the day of the week David’s birthday was on but his nickname is “Southie”. David said because of his adorable smooshed in face he looked like he had been in a fight. That led him to calling him “Rocky”, which led to him thinking about boxers. And, being left handed, that led to him thinking about left handed boxers being called “southpaws” which cracked him up in the context of our puppy having actual paws. Therefore, the nickname “Southie” was born. For the next week, David and Southie were inseparable. He took him for walks all the time.

I was glad David had the company because I was scheduled to go on a business trip next week. It would be nice for David to have our puppy to keep him occupied. Not that I was worried about him being lonely. David was busy in his own right. He had another gig coming up that he was going to be getting ready for. His CD is selling really well and his manager is talking about putting together some dates around the country. Everything seems to be falling into place for him and I couldn’t be happier.

Sometimes I come in the house from running an errand to see David sitting there and I have to catch my breath. He’ll look up at me and I can’t believe how fortunate I am to be here with him.

He insists that he’s the one who won the lottery but I’m pretty sure I’m the lucky one.

OMG, Happy Birthday Jill!!! I hate that you cried on your birthday! But I'm glad you came here. Hopefully David and all of us crazies made you feel better!!

*Hugs*

yay wordynerdy that was so cute. i sat here reading it with a big grin on my face the whole way through

Aw, thanks garpods!! To be honest, I really wasn't feeling this story. I knew I wanted something kind of tame. I felt like I was using the same formula with the stories... David looks hot and then we "play guitar". Not that there's anything wrong with that... anyway, just wanted something a little innocent for some reason. Glad it made you smile! Smile

And no worries... I'll return to your regularly scheduled guitar playing in the next story!

Niiiice wordynerdy! True this one was tame but I guess we needed a tame non guitar playing one lmao ... But I'm happy with the next scheduled guitar playing LOL Very Happy

OMG, Happy Birthday Jill!!! I hate that you cried on your birthday! But I'm glad you came here. Hopefully David and all of us crazies made you feel better!!

*Hugs*

Aw thanks! I came here and felt happier to see all of you...and the story was great! *hugs back*

Guest Guest

YAY!!!! That was wonderful wordynerdy Very Happy
I loved it, made me smile the whole time I was reading it Smile
Can't wait to read the next chapter!!

Happy Birthday! Belated Happy Birthday Jill ...sorry it ended yucky. Here's wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and joy!!!
Group Hug1 wordynerdy - another great chapter!!! Tame - yes
Entertaining - most definitely!!! I can't wait to read more about the adventures of "Southie".

I'm glad you're all liking the new chapter! I was worried because like I said before, I wasn't feeling it. I'm excited about the next one I'm writing though. Somehow hearing David saying "Suck it' yesterday just got me in "the mood'!! Shocked

Anyway, I wanted to run something by you girls. I have a pretty clear picture of how the story is going to end up. I'm thinking I might have 5 or 6 more stories if I want it to be fast flowing. Or, I could write more with little "filler" stories. I just wanted to get your opinion on how you think the story is going. I don't want to overstay my welcome and have this thing drag on. On one hand I don't want it to end but on the other hand there is a natural progression and it has to end sometime. Even if I only do 6 more, with an update once a week (or longer because of the holidays) that's like 2 more months. What are your HONEST opinions?

Here is my honest opinon. As long as you are willing to write it, I will read it!!! I truly LOVE your writing wordynerdy. It's captivating, intriguing, exciting, emotional, funny, etc. So like I said as long as you are willing to write it, I will be reading it.

HONESTLY ... i dont think you can overstay your welcome wordynerdy! True natural progession is that things do come to an end but i think little filler stories are hilarious ... like MT said ... as long as you are happy to share you talent I'm here!

and happy belated birthday Jill - hope all is good now ((hugs))

Awesome new chapter wordynerdy! It was so cute! Very Happy

Can't wait for more!!

Hey, if you're writing, I'll read! I love your stories!

And thanks, all is better now Hug

Except for that stupid rumor...I really hope its not true...

Thanks for the input ladies! I actually knocked out the next story today. It came really easily and I love that! I'll take my time compiling the pics and have it ready for y'all at the beginning of next week. I guess I'll just keep writing as it comes and see where it leads. As long as you're still enjoying it I guess there's no need to rush it.

ETA: Oh yeah, it looks like that rumor was just that- a rumor. We'll see how that one plays out too. Smile

@MTCougar wrote:
Okay I am way behind ...what rumor?

LOL MTC! There's a rumor swirling around that Davey is buying a ring for a certain someone for Christmas. I hate that there's even speculation. I know I wouldn't like finding out about my own proposal in Star mag before it even happened!!! Very Sad I even heard it on the radio this morning. I was like WTF?! They don't even play "Light On" but yet they can talk about his love life? Ugh. Tantrum

Oh, hi Kathleen! Glad you liked the latest!

Well I have to agree with you on that wordynerdy!!! Hopefully it is just a rumor!

I just listened to the radio interview he did in Columbus and they came right out and asked him about the rumor. He laughed and refuted it. He said no ring, no engagement, no marriage for him. He even sounded a bit unsure when they asked if he was even still dating. LOL! I highly doubt there's been a break-up though.

They both have been excellent at flying under the radar with their private life and for that I give them kudos. I don't know that I'd be able to handle all the constant questions with as much grace and patience as he does. (I wouldn't even be surprised if he said no, no, no and then did it anyway! I mean, if that was his plan what's he supposed to say? "Yes, I was planning on popping the question! And now that the cat's out of the bag, let's get the girl on the phone right now!!!" LOL!)

Gee, I never comment on this stuff. I guess the rumor got me all riled up and defensive for him! Smile

lol ... I find myself getting really defensive of both of them when I dont comment on anyone's private life ... kudos to them - now I'm going to find the interview Smile

I haven't been around here as much as usual lately because of finals, so I just read the latest chapter a minute ago. It was great as always! soooo cute Awww Love

and like everyone else said, as long as you keep writing, I'll keep reading, but it's your story so I think you have the best judgment for how it should play out. I trust you!

Hey wordynerdy! Very Happy And everyone else! LOL. I'm just now catching up on the last chapter. Adorable! David and a puppy, does it get any cuter?! Wink Even though I haven't posted in a while, I always read the stories. I just love them! Could you keep writing forever? Haha.

That line where you said you had to catch your breath whenever you see him sitting there. Well, I know exactly what you mean! It doesn't matter how many pics I've seen of him, he still stuns me sometimes with how gorgeous he is! Okay, okay, I'm done being sappy.

Can't wait until the next chapter...

Hey Jenny! Good to see you 'round here! Smile I know you've been busy with all your PPB goings on. (I think it's EPIC he mentioned you guys in that interview... even if he does think one of the pairs came from the children's department. I mean, really! How sick does someone have to be to even THINK that?!)

Good to see you too Sarah! Good luck with finals. I don't envy you!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm about to post an update. It's a long one so grab some coffee! Smile

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Baby, I Love You by Aretha Franklin (lyrics here)

Significant verse:
Oh and I do declare (I do)
I wanna see you with it
Stretch out your arms little boy
Your gonna get it
Cause I love you
(Baby, baby, baby I love you)
There ain't no doubt about it
Baby I love you
(Baby, baby, baby I love you)
I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, baby I love you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 26

My schedule was tight. I had just finished up with work and was on my way to the airport to fly home. I checked my watch again for the fifth time. It was going to be a miracle if I made the plane in time. I hoped that I would because David’s gig was tonight and he wanted me there. It was a little bigger venue than the previous gig and he was nervous. The last text I got from him said “Fingers and everything else are crossed!”.

I told him he didn’t need it and that he’d be amazing like always but he wasn’t so confident. I arrived at the airport only to find my flight had been delayed. It was only postponed for 45 minutes which gave me plenty of time to get to the gate but now I was worried about making it to the theater where David was playing. I didn’t want him to be disappointed.

I tried to call home but there was no answer. I tried him on his cell but it went straight to voicemail. He must have been on the line.

I left him a message about my flight, hung up and continued waiting. Whenever I have free time on my hands my mind always wanders to David. I sat in the airport thinking about a couple of weeks ago, before Southie had come into our lives. It was before his birthday and we had some of our neighbors over for a casual get together. In the small amount of time we’d known them we really liked them and wanted to get to know them better. Turns out they were a lot of fun. The beer and wine were flowing freely that night. All of us were feeling no pain.

At one point late in the evening David pulled out Guitar Hero and challenged one of the two guys who were still there. They were so serious about it and it was hysterical.

I must say, something about the way Dave looked that night drove me wild. He wore a black t-shirt and black baseball hat, was very scruffy and looked completely delicious.

It didn’t help that he kept giving me his “stare”. The one that makes me blush and feel warm all over. The one that lets me know exactly what he’s thinking and what he wants.

He’s such a tease because he knew I couldn’t do anything about it with our guests there. Somebody would be in the middle of a story and I’d glance his way only to find him looking at me like that. It would completely throw me off.

He thought he had me right where he wanted me but I was about to call his bluff. David and his buddy had finished playing and were waiting for the scores. I admit my being tipsy gave me the courage but I walked right up to him and in front of our new neighbors I grabbed David’s face and planted a long, slow kiss on him.

“Well, hi there.” David said, partially amused and partially aroused as I could so evidently see. “Hi.” I said in a throaty whisper. “There are people here.” David reminded me. I took the toy guitar from his hands and lifted it off of his shoulder. “I don’t care.” I answered. I looked at David. He looked pleasantly shocked.

I vaguely remember him saying “Bye guys…” before I kissed him again. I didn’t know if anybody had actually left but I really DIDN’T care. I squeezed his big arms and ran my hands up and down his back before I took his shirt off. David was getting into it now and was holding me tightly. Our lips parted and I pushed him back on the couch. Damn, he was so sexy.

He was just sitting there waiting for me. I stopped myself momentarily so I could just look at him. I knew I’d get butterflies in my stomach whenever I recalled this and thought about him like that.

After a few seconds I made myself comfy on David’s lap, facing him. As he looked up at me, I relished the fact that he was mine and I could do whatever I wanted to him. I put my hands on the back of the couch behind his head and started rocking my hips back and forth. He let out a moan and grabbed my waist.

I crushed his mouth with my own and he dug his fingers into my skin. When I stopped rocking, he stopped kissing and was left breathless. “What are you doing?” he asked, panting. I smiled coyly. “Giving you a taste of your own medicine you tease.” I answered, getting up from the couch. "What?!!" he asked, not believing what he was hearing.

“Oh no you’re not!” he said and reached out to pull me back to him. I narrowly escaped and continued to play, “How badly do you want it?”. It was driving me crazy because all I wanted to do was play his guitar right then and there. I think it was driving David crazier. “I hope you know what you’re in for.” he declared and make a quick movement. He was up off the couch faster than I thought possible but I was able to get away. I ran around the corner and started up the stairs before he could catch me.

He was right at my heels and in my excitement I ended up tripping and fell forward. David seized the opportunity and was leaning over me as soon as I rolled over. “Gotcha!” he whispered in between heavy breaths.

Now it was his turn. He leaned down and kissed me hard. He wrapped his big arm around my waist and pulled me up towards him. I could feel his guitar straining through it’s case. I needed to set it free. I heard the zipper and was eager to hear his guitar begin to play.

He was intense and his kisses were all over me as he played. It was his best performance by far.

As I sat in the airport remembering that night I felt slightly conspicuous knowing what scene was playing out in my head in the middle of the crowded terminal. The loudspeaker broke my concentration and ended my lovely daydream as it was announced that my flight was boarding. I still hadn’t heard from David but I assumed he knew about my delay.

I couldn’t wait to see him! I arrived in Austin, caught the shuttle to the parking lot, jumped in my car and sped off for the theater where David was performing. It was only 10 minutes from the airport so I knew I’d make it in time before he went on. I was relieved. As I walked in the performer’s entrance my relief turned to apprehension. There David stood in the hallway, waiting for me by the entrance.

Wow, he looked amazing… but I wondered why he was staring at me like that. Had I done something wrong? Why did I WANT to do something wrong if it meant he would look that hot?! “Hey babe!” I said, still overjoyed to see him. “You’re late.” he replied. “Yeah I know, I didn’t think I was going to make it.” I told him as I walked toward him. “Yeah, me neither.” he said sarcastically, the tone in his voice growing increasingly angry.

I reached him and put my hands on his hips. I ventured a kiss on his lips but he didn’t kiss me back. For some reason that amused me. He obviously had been worried and wasn’t truly mad at me for anything I had done. I smiled and explained, “I called you at home and left a message on your cell phone to let you know my flight was delayed.”. I moved my hands up to his chest and began kissing his jaw, and then his neck. “You did?” he asked, bewildered.

As I was continuing to kiss him he fumbled for his phone and checked his messages. I heard my voice through the ear piece. He returned his phone to his pocket. “Oh. So you did. I’m sorry.” he apologized. I looked him in the eyes. He had the most contrite look on his face.

I smiled and said “No worries.”. David smiled back. “Let me give you a proper hello then.” “Screw the hello, you owe me a kiss.” I stated. David smiled that irresistible shit eating grin.

All of a sudden he gathered me in his arms and kissed me hard. I stumbled backwards and David pressed me against the cinder block wall. I grinned. This is exactly what I wanted. “When do you have to go on?” I asked. “We have time.” David answered. “Let’s find a comfy couch.”.

He took my hand and led me to an empty dressing room. Once there, he spun around and began kissing me again as he reached behind me to close and lock the door. I moved away from him and pulled him by his shirt toward the couch. Just like a couple of weeks ago I pushed him down and sat in his lap. His hands were exploring and driving me crazy. I needed his guitar right then and he more than willingly gave it to me. It was my turn to play and I think he approved of the chords I struck.

I had just finished playing when there was a knock at the door and an announcement that it was time for David to go on. He got himself together and kissed me one more time. “See you out there!” he said. “You’ll be fantastic!” I reassured him. He smiled. I was right, David was unbelievable.

I had honestly never seen him perform like that. He was incredibly sexy on stage that night.

I was enjoying the show immensely when I got a text. It was a number I didn’t recognize so I slipped backstage to read it. It was from one of the Parker’s children letting me know that our hometown neighbor, Mr. Parker had passed away. I was instantly sad. Mr. Parker had been a sweet man and I knew Mrs. Parker would be devastated. I spent the rest of David’s set talking to my family and arranging a flight home. I waited for him in the dressing room. When the show was over he found me there. He bounded through the door completely excited.

Then he saw my face. “Are you okay? What’s the matter?” he asked, concerned. He sat down in a chair next to me.

I told him the news. He held my hand. “I’m sorry, I know how much you like the Parkers.” he said sympathetically. “When are you leaving?”. I told him the details. “I want to come too.” he declared. The way he was looking at me and the thought that he wanted to be there too almost made me cry.

“You’ve got to go to New York next week.” I suddenly remembered. “Yeah, I know but I can go back home with you first and then leave from there to go to New York. Don’t worry about it, I want to be there. Mrs. Parker has always been so nice to me.” he insisted. How could I say no to him? We stood up and I gave him a big hug. I knew he had been fantastic on stage tonight and it was yet another performance he had hit out of the ballpark. The audiences were getting bigger and were only going to grow. “I’m glad your show went well tonight.” I said to him. He chuckled. “Thanks for saying that. I might have been inspired by our pre-show antics. But you know, it’s not about me right now.” “You really are amazing. I love you.” I confessed. “I love you too.” he said as we headed out the door and he turned out the light to the dressing room.

Guest Guest
FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!!

Love it!!! I think I was actually 'blushing' while reading parts of that Embarassed
and OMG!!! What a sweet, sweet guy *SIGH* If only I could find a guy like that.

Well done, Bravo...... I'm Not Worthy!I'm Not Worthy!I'm Not Worthy!

OMG, that was awesome!!

I seriously had a smile on my face the whole time I read this! Very Happy