Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Wow again! That's just what I needed before I leave for my camping trip! Razz I uh, like your...uh... use of words when describing the way you were...um, uh..."sitting" on him? Razz:P:P

LOL!! Have fun on your camping trip! We're going camping too- hope hubby doesn't mind me turning our CD player into an all DC all the time personal radio station! Smile

Hope you have fun camping wordynerdy (just got back from mine yesterday) Smile And don't worry about an all D.C mini music fest. i tend to do that any chance i can! Wink

Holy crap girl. You're story telling skills are unmatched! Thanks for the story and the wonderful daydreams they inspire.

Thanks ladies! Camping was fun and I tried to control myself as much as I could and actually played music other than DC. To my surprise it was my husband who pulled out the DC when his brother visited and kept raving about how great he was. It was pretty funny. He kept saying "Oooh, play My Hero- the version from his homecoming." or "He's gotta hear Billie Jean" and during the song "Remember... this is MICHAEL JACKSON!" Smile

On the story front... I have another one written and just need pictures. Hopefully I can have a TuesDave surprise for you later!

Niceee

Glad to hear your camping trip was great-even the music preferance part of it Wink We have these chairs where you can plug in your iPod so I plugged mine in and played some D.C. These girls my age walked by and were like, "He rocks!"

Here you go ladies! I must confess that I borrowed the premise for the last part from one of my favorite books, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Although, in the book it was two girls so not exactly the same!! Smile Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning started a little strangely. I got to work and waited for the elevator with two women who were talking about David. “Did you see the show last night?” said one. “You mean the David Cook show??!

I only have eyes for him now. He’s amazing!” said her friend. “Seriously, where has HE been hiding??” I smiled to myself knowing exactly where he had been hiding!

When I got to my desk a few of the young interns who knew he and I were together came up to me and grilled me about David. “Hey, why haven’t you ever brought him around?” “Yeah, your boyfriend is SEXY!”

“You never told us he was so hot and his voice… OMG!”

They turned and walked away giggling to themselves. It made me a little uncomfortable. I called David. “Hey you… I’ve had a weird morning. You’ve got the ladies in the office all worked up. You are all they can talk about. I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone.” He laughed and said “How do you think I feel? I got on the show’s website this morning to see what people thought about the performance last night and could only read a few comments before I got too embarrassed.

Then I was walking to the coffee shop and these women in a car at a stop light started shouting and one of them even threw a pair of panties at me!! I couldn't believe it!! What is up with THAT??”

“Did you keep them?” I questioned. “Of course, I’m going to buy a frame for them later.” he joked. “Ewwww, that’s disgusting. This isn’t like your first dollar bill. People don’t frame stranger’s panties. Dude, you don’t know where they’ve been.” I insisted. “What??? They look pretty fresh…”

He thought it was hilarious but I found it more than a little odd and was getting kind of creeped out. I was happy people were getting to see what I knew was there all along but didn’t expect quite this reaction this quickly. I didn’t want to ruin his fun so I kept my thoughts to myself and we agreed to meet at the studio for the results show. I had no doubt he’d be safe and was proven right later that night.

Afterward I waited around the back of the building for him to come out. It took him a little longer to finish up than the previous night. Apparently there were many people he had to talk to backstage and interviews to conduct.

I wanted to "talk" to him in a way only I can do so when he finally came out, away we went. He was hungry so we picked up some dinner. I didn’t want to eat at the restaurant and I didn’t want to go home yet so I suggested we take our meal to the property of a neighbor who I knew was out of town. “Hey, I’m not getting cuffed for B&E tonight.” David said. “Well, you might get cuffed for being a bad boy but we won’t have to involve the police.” I teased. The smile that grew on his face indicated that he clearly liked the way the evening was going. And I liked that smile.

The neighbor I was talking about had a pond with a little dock so we set up our dinner out there and sat with our feet in the water. It was a beautiful night, warm with just a hint of a breeze. We talked about his day and moving on to the next round in the competition. He said he was thinking of singing “Hello” by Lionel Ritchie. I asked him to sing it for me later because I just couldn’t imagine that song coming out of his mouth!

Especially because his mouth was currently occupied with other activities at the moment. He had leaned over to kiss my shoulder and whisper “I want you to sit back here.”. He pointed to a spot behind us on the dock. I scooted back and sat with my hands behind me and my feet out in front. David sat down and took my foot in his hand. I saw him open his mouth and lick the tip of his finger.

I couldn’t imagine what he was up to. He lifted my foot and proceeded to trace swirls around my ankle with his wet finger. It felt so cool that I shivered and when the breeze struck the places he had been goosebumps formed on my skin. He bent down closer to my leg and followed the trail with his breath. The warm air made my bumps subside but ignited a fire inside me that I was having trouble containing. And he knew it. He was watching me and my reactions intently. He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and seeming to smirk, he licked his finger again.

This time instead of swirls it seemed as if he was forming cursive letters as he worked the length of my body going back to rewet his finger when necessary and breathing heavy on my skin whenever I would shudder. When he was done he said “I wrote a poem for you on your skin.”. My voice cracked as I managed to say “You ARE a poem.”.

I couldn’t stand it any longer and reached up to undo the buttons on his guitar case. He stopped my hand momentarily and just enjoyed watching me squirm. He’s such a tease!

When he was ready he allowed me to continue. The guitar was in perfect tune and I enjoyed listening immensely! I have to say I think he enjoyed it too!

Dude you rock. Even if you took part of it from wherever. You rock. *takes hat off to you*

Awww, thanks Kathleen! I was definitely inspired by that passage in the book. It's actually a great book if you're looking for something to read. In that particular passage the two girls are lifelong friends and they trace secret Chinese characters on each other to practice writing. It got me thinking of... well, other things obviously!! Wink

That was great! The part about sitting near a pond to me was just very romantic, even without the certian PDA's Razz

I love that last part.
You have great picture stories! :]

Awwww, thanks AF! I really like to imagine DC in real-life scenarios like that. It makes it hard to find pictures for the story though since most of what we've got is so rockin! I do picture him as a very thoughtful, romantic boyfriend though.

I'd to think of him like that too. =]

It makes me think of the movie The Wedding Singer when Robbie and Julia are talking about how Linda didn't let Robbie sit by the window seat on the airplane, but it wasn't a big deal, but Julia says she disagrees and says its the little things that count. D.C comes off as a person who would make the little things count Very Happy

I'd to think of him like that too. =]

It makes me think of the movie The Wedding Singer when Robbie and Julia are talking about how Linda didn't let Robbie sit by the window seat on the airplane, but it wasn't a big deal, but Julia says she disagrees and says its the little things that count. D.C comes off as a person who would make the little things count Very Happy

EXACTLY!! Not many guys get that but I'm betting David does. (Luckily so does my husband!) On a Wedding Singer related note, wouldn't it be hysterical to hear Cookie sing "Grow Old With You"?? Smile

@rockview wrote:
I love that last part.
You have great picture stories! :]

Thanks for commenting rockview and ssd! I see my story gets a lot of views but not many people say whether or not they like it. It kind of leaves me wondering... scratch

Glad you both did! Very Happy

EXACTLY!! Not many guys get that but I'm betting David does. (Luckily so does my husband!) On a Wedding Singer related note, wouldn't it be hysterical to hear Cookie sing "Grow Old With You"?? Smile

Yeah, i see him as a guy who makes the best out of the little things like that. Smile And it would be adorable to hear him sing that! And maybe "Love Stinks" too just as a joke LOL Face

Okay people! Here is my story that got poofed at the AI forums. I'll start by reposting parts 1-4 and start working on part 5. Enjoy!! Love y'all!! Awww Love

Awww Love
Your avatar almost make me have a heart attack !!!! Rolling Eyes
This smile is killer !!!

I come over here to see the developement, and this is here? Seriously, I think that you are trying to kill me with this thing!

Oh no!! I'm contributing to the delinquency of minors! Shocked Actually, I'll claim innocence. It's all David Cook's fault! Smile

amazing!! i've been away for a few weeks....so it was awesome to come back to 2 new parts!! fabulous as always Very Happy

Hello ladies!! My son's 6th birthday is Saturday so I've been busy getting ready for that... family coming and all. Anyway, I'm doing pretty well with my "To Do" list so if I get a chance I'll post something this week. I'm thinking of taking the story in a new direction for a while and have to work it out. (I'm taking this so seriously!!! LOL!) Smile

Aww, happy birthday in advance to your son, then! (:

But seriously. I'm dying for an update, here!

Hmmm....just stumbled on this at work....big mistake. How am I supposed to get anything done now.

Ya know, fanfics are one thing, but I absolutely love picture books.

Thanks for the wonderful story...can't wait for the next installment.

I've only gone through page 1 but I had to make a comment before I'm able to continue...
Wordynerdy you are my hero!! I'm Not Worthy!
Love reading (and watching) these stories Very Happy

Awww... thanks for the birthday wishes for my son! He will indeed rock on. He plays his guitar for the neighborhood girls in the backyard quite often. A rock star in the making? Only time will tell! This of course is only further proof to my husband that I listen to and watch too much David Cook during the day. Ha, ha, ha, ha!! Too much David Cook. That man is a crack up!! Laughing

I've only gone through page 1 but I had to make a comment before I'm able to continue...
Wordynerdy you are my hero!! I'm Not Worthy!
Love reading (and watching) these stories Very Happy

Thank you! Welcome to the party chiquita!!

ohmigosh these are good Very Happy

*pulls out hair trying to wait for next part*

Here's the latest tale ladies. I have to say that with all the new pictures floating around I've grabbed some and I'm not sure who I should credit. So, a blanket "thank you" is all I can say for those amazing pictures I've been coming across. If you see one in my story that is yours and you'd prefer me not to use it please let me know and I'll gladly find a replacement. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have spent many moments reliving that night on the dock. That was two weeks ago. It was hard to believe since so much has changed since then. David indeed sang “Hello” the following week and it was unbelievable.

The response was overwhelming. He was now being called the “dark horse” and if I thought the attention was surprising before, I am totally blown away now.

I should have known things were just getting started. Right now I’m waiting for David to go into the studio. He had to stop and sign a few autographs.

It’s weird for me to see this happening even though I’m the one who pushed him towards it and knew it would happen as soon as a wide audience heard his voice. I’m getting the feeling this is all getting to be bigger than him or me. Somewhere along the way fandom has taken over and we’re all along for the ride. At least David is enjoying it.

This is what he’s been wanting forever. I’m happy for him. Finally he makes his way back to me and we walk into the studio. This is the first time I’ve seen backstage. I haven’t been allowed back here before but David pushed the issue with the powers that be to get back into my good graces. We’ve been having fights lately which is not like us at all. It’s all because of one of the other contestants. Her name is Kristy and I’m a green eyed monster every time I see her with him.

It doesn’t help that they put her and David together whenever they can.

Even in the group numbers, there she is. It’s maddening.

I know it’s not David’s fault but I can’t help but be a little annoyed by the whole thing. This situation plus all the fan girls have me really questioning things lately.

I’m beginning to wonder if I can be a good “rock star girlfriend”. Not to mention the fact that I don’t want David to feel like he has to do things to make up for stuff that’s not even his fault. It’s my hang up. Maybe he just needs someone more well adjusted! My melancholy is interrupted when I hear someone call out that David is up next. I give him a big hug, tell him good luck and watch as he walks away. I hate to see him go but damn I love to watch him leave!

I swear the sight of him in tight jeans from behind will never get old!

Then the curtain parts and he walks out on stage in front of hundreds of screaming fans. I catch my breath because what I see is so powerful. Never before have I been in the presence of someone at the exact moment they and everyone around them realize that they are fulfilling their destiny. It’s happening right in front of my eyes. That will be an image I will remember for the rest of my life.

He looks so beautiful in the spotlight. This is what he was born to do. He belongs up on that stage.

Who am I to take any part of that away from him? And then he turns his head back to me and smiles. It kills me. It reminds me of a time not too long ago when we were at a party with his friends. I didn’t know many people there but I can hold my own in a group of strangers. He didn’t have to worry about me but I saw him continuously searching me out, making sure I was okay. Those glances, however quick, made my knees weak.

It proved what a sweet and thoughtful person he is. I knew that would never change. And I knew what I had to do. I never wanted to put him in a position where he felt like he had to choose between me and doing what he really loved. I decided to make the choice easy. That night he sang “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson and completely killed it.

He was passionate, sultry, and made everyone who was in doubt fall completely and madly in love with his voice.

He was now the one to beat. There was a party after the show that he was obligated to attend. I was happy to be there with him but I was rarely by his side. The other contestants were very sweet and we chatted while David talked to the sponsors, producers and some fans. There he was again, not totally invested in the person who so desperately wanted his attention because he was worried about my well being. He caught my eye and smiled.

I smiled back but was devastated inside. Now the question was how am I going to break the news to him that it was time for me to move on? And when should I do it? I decided tonight wasn’t right. I wanted him to bask in the glory he so deserved.

And I selfishly wanted just one more night. After the party we went back to his apartment. “Hey, you okay? You’ve been quiet all night. I didn’t screw up again did I?” he said half laughing.

It broke my heart that he would think that. “No, you were amazing tonight. In every way. I’m just tired.” I explained. “Well, let’s see if I can rev up your engine a little” he said playfully.

He put “Memories of Us” by Keith Urban on the stereo and guided me to the middle of the living room. He put one hand on the small of my back and with the other he completely enfolded my own hand in his and brought it between our two bodies. We danced and I liked feeling small in his big arms. I couldn’t help but feel like a fraud but I just didn’t want to let him go yet. Our hips moved in time and he pulled me closer. I lost control of my emotions and let my tears out. He stopped dancing and looked at me with tears in his eyes as well.

We stood and stared at each other. Finally he said, “I know it hasn’t been easy but I promise I’ll do everything I can to make you happy. Whatever it takes.” “I know you will. You’ll always ride to my rescue on your noble steed.

But, I want you to be happy too.” I said. He just smiled and said “I’m living the dream baby. How much happier can I be?”.

He kissed the tears on my face and then led me to the bedroom. He played his guitar so slowly and I tried to commit every note to memory, especially the last one. I’ll miss this when I’m gone.

*applause* Why did you have to leave us there?? lol

when's the next one gonna come out?

Awww! That was sooo good, yet, so saddd Very SadVery SadVery Sad Great pics 2 btw! Love the one of him on the plastic horse lmaooo

Oh, don't be sad!! I have a plan. Sometimes we have to go through pain to find true happiness. It just might take a couple of stories from now to find out what happens! It's like a soap opera... As the Word Nerd Turns!!!

I liked this one too for some reason. I've had the idea for this part all along and I've been saving a lot of my favorite pictures for it. The stories come out better when I have most of the pictures before I write the words to go with them instead of the other way around. I saw that horse picture just yesterday and had to use it somehow!!!

Next chapter will probably happen some time next week. In-laws descend upon me tomorrow!! Shocked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.