Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

I know what you mean. this seemed to be one of my most favorite parts yet even if it was sad. So now I can't wait to see what happens next time!

Ha Ha, As the Word Nerd Turns Razz All My Word Nerds...lol

awww wordynerdy ... it is just like reality --- pain and sadness is never far away and honestly this is one of my favs too ... maybe because of the emotion it stirred up in me ... awww wordynerdy you are a legend girl!

I'm Not Worthy!

Love the title too ... nice!

Awww... thanks!! I'm actually in the process of finding pictures for Part 9. It should be posted this afternoon or later tonight. Stay tuned!

Oh thanks wordynerdy! Im supposed to be getting my braces off really soon so I have like, 2 app. a month now. Im gonna put the same colors back on- red and black for the concert! Very Happy

Here it is! I've put in a couple of things below. I'm going to work on going back and adding these to the beginning of Parts 1-8. Maybe the addition of the song will add something different. Feel free to suggest songs as well. I love hearing what music others like!

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer (Lyrics here. You can also listen to the song at the bottom.)
Significant verse:
It's not a silly little moment
It's not the storm before the calm
This is the deep and dyin' breath of
This love we've been workin' on

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 9

The next day flew by. Once again we were at the studio for results night. As if there were any doubt, David was safe for another week and we were both happy. There was another party that night but I bowed out complaining of a headache. I went home alone and thought about my decision to break things off. I knew it was the right thing for David right now but I wasn’t looking forward to doing it. How was I ever going to look into his beautiful face and tell him it’s over?

I called in sick the next day. At 10:00 my phone rang. “Hey you, you’re not at work” said David’s voice on the other end. “You still feeling bad?” “Yeah, I just couldn’t deal with work today.” I said. “Well, I’m coming over to take care of you.” he declared. “I’m going to rescue you from yourself so get ready!” Thirty minutes later he pulled up in his car.

I met him at the door to my apartment. “Do you like fast cars and fast men?” he joked. “Not sure I’m ready to go fast.” I said. “Well, I’ll take it easy on you at first till you get the feel for it.” he said giving me one of his patented goofy looks.

He saw I wasn’t laughing or playing along and said “You really don’t feel good do you?”. I sighed and knew this was my opportunity. If I was ever going to do it I needed to do it now, and quickly before I lost my nerve. We went inside. “No, it’s just that something is weighing heavy on my mind and I need to talk to you about it.”. He looked concerned and reached for my hand as we sat down. “I never like conversations that start that way but I’m listening.”.

“Well, you know that neither of us has been happy with the way our relationship has been going lately.” I started. His face fell and he looked at me skeptically.

“There’s just a lot going on and it’s getting more and more difficult to deal with as a couple.” I continued. David tried to stop me with his rebuttal, “I agree but it’s just the beginning. We’ll get so much better at it as time goes on. There’s a pretty big learning curve to this ‘celebrity’ thing.”. The look on his face was almost one of pleading. He was trying his best to convince me and himself but I could tell he wasn't sure either... and he was starting to get mad.

“It IS just the beginning but things aren’t going to get better, they’re going to get worse. I haven’t liked myself much lately. I hate being jealous and possessive. It isn’t me and I can’t handle it anymore.” I found it hard to look in his eyes because when I did I saw he was getting angry. His jaw became firm and set and his eyebrows knitted together in a pained expression. He seemed to look at me as if he didn't even know me- didn't WANT to know me.

“I can’t believe this. It was YOU. YOU”RE the one who wanted me to do this. And now you’re…. what? Dumping me???”

Now I did feel sick to my stomach. I tried to explain myself, “I know it’s not fair and I’m really so sorry. It’s all my fault. I wish I was a stronger, more self assured person but I’ve learned through this whole thing that I’m really not. Besides, I don’t want to be the ball and chain that holds you back from really getting all you can out of this experience.” He sat there, completely incredulous.

“What is that supposed to mean? You want me to be able to screw some groupies if I feel like it? I’m not into that and won’t be into that even if I’m single.” I knew this was probably true. “No, that’s not what I meant. I mean that I don’t want you to constantly feel like you have to watch what you say and do because you’re afraid I’m going to be mad. You’ve already been put in awkward situations where people ask you about your love life and it’s torture for me to watch you squirm and try to handle the question delicately so as not to offend anyone.”

“I don’t want you to ever feel like you’re going to get into ‘trouble’ with me and therefore guard yourself. If you can’t experience what you’ve been dreaming of and working for for so long fully and freely than what‘s the point?” David looked defeated and sadness crept into his eyes.

He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. “You seem to have your mind made up about this. I disagree 100% with everything that you’ve said but I don‘t know what else to say. I’m not going to beat my head against a fucking brick wall. This is just bullshit!” He got up presumably to leave. There was a lump in my throat the size of a baseball. He walked across the room towards the door. He could barely look at me.

“You know, I am having the time of my life being able to play my music and have it appreciated. But it won’t mean a thing unless you’re there to share it with me.” and with that he walked out the door and walked out of my life.

It was a parting shot aimed directly at my heart and he didn’t miss. I dissolved into tears and wanted to run after him. I immediately began to question what I had just done. I didn’t mean to make him so angry and I hated that I had hurt him. My sobs grew. I needed some air. When I went outside I saw David’s car still sitting by the curb but he was nowhere to be found. I wonder where he had gone. I got my answer when I turned the corner. There he sat and it broke my heart.

He was lost in his thoughts and hadn’t seen me. I slowly turned and went around the corner and then sprinted back to my apartment. A part of me wanted to run back to him and tell him it was all a mistake but I knew it was too late. I had hurt him too much and I doubted if he would ever talk to me again. I called a friend of his who I had become close to and told her what had happened. I asked her to make sure he was okay. I knew he would be fine but I wasn’t so sure about myself. I knew what I had done was the right thing for both of us right now but I couldn’t help but feel incredibly sad. I hoped in time David would be able to understand.

I also meant to say that I love how in my story it's me breaking David's heart. In reality, I'm quite sure it would be the exact opposite and I would be clinging to his ankles as he walks out the door blubbering "Please don't go! I can do better!!". Smile

OMG WORDYNERDY!!! That was sooo good yet, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad! Very SadVery SadVery SadVery SadVery Sad How are you going to get yourself out of this one? *Waits to find out* Very Happy

And I would be clinging to his ankles too if it were for real! And I would never say that! Oh and I suggest you use the song Brown Eyed Girl By Van Morrison Smile The line, "Makin' love in the green grass"? Yeah, that's fitting Razz

Oh and nice choice of language too Razz

Glad you girls liked it! I can't wait to write the next few parts! Yeah, I hesitated using the language because some of my story's fans are real youngins. I don't want to corrupt you! Awww Love But I've seen those words elsewhere on this site and it fit so... there you go.

And woo hoo! Brown Eyed Girl is my song!!! It was my posse's anthem in high school since we were all brown eyed girls. It was the first song that got played during any and all road trips! Love that!! Very Happy

If only it could be blue eyed girl... (it sucks cuz I'm the only blue eyed girl in my group, all the rest are brown eyed...)

okay wordynerdy ... i have to let you know that your writing hits me ... I know it is all fiction but damn girl ... I feel like crying and slapping myself stupid! after all this the makeup has too be awesome ... I can not wait for the next chapter (plus I love the new song addition)

If only it could be blue eyed girl... (it sucks cuz I'm the only blue eyed girl in my group, all the rest are brown eyed...)

I know! I have blue eyes too! lol

But Im glad you liked the suggestion for a song wordynerdy Wink

okay wordynerdy ... i have to let you know that your writing hits me ... I know it is all fiction but damn girl ... I feel like crying and slapping myself stupid! after all this the makeup has too be awesome ... I can not wait for the next chapter (plus I love the new song addition)

Aww, I'm glad you like my writing but I hate that I made you feel like crying. Crying *handing you a tissue* Fear not, there are good things in store for our couple. The next few stories will be a set up for better things to come. I'm enjoying the story immensely. Thanks for always being so complimentary! Awww Love

Wow, thanks so much AF!! You're the best! Awww Love

A friend called me and had her 6 year old son get on pretending to be David Cook with birthday wishes. It cracked me up!!

I wanted to give you all a present from me by posting a new story but it doesn't look likely today. Hang in there!

OMG!!! My story has over 1,000 views!! I kept watching the numbers creep up and up but when it got to over 900 I was so excited! I don't know why, I don't even know half of the people who are reading it. Unless you loyal posters are coming back 200 times!!! LOL! Smile I feel like celebrating. Yahoo!

Back in a few....

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song(s) to accompany the story: I Ran Away by Coldplay (Lyrics here. You can also listen to the song on the side.)
Significant verse:
I ran away from you
That's all I ever do
And though I started here
I ran away from you

and of course: Always Be My Baby by David Cook (Lyrics here.)
Significant verses:
Now you want to be free
So I'm letting you fly
Cause I know in my heart babe
Our love will never die
No!

You'll always be a part of me
I'm a part of you indefinitely
Girl don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 10

The days following our breakup were painful. I missed David so much. I missed his smile.

I missed his eyes.

I missed his arms.

I missed his hands.

I missed his lips and longed to feel them against my own.

I wanted to touch him, to hug him, to kiss him. I wanted to make him laugh that hearty laugh that makes him open his mouth wide and totally live in the moment.

Not even talking to him was like torture. What had I done? Our mutual friend said that he was really confused about the whole thing.

She said he had been going out with his buddies to drown his sorrows and forget about everything for a while

and playing a lot of Guitar Hero.

She also said he was pouring himself into his music. I was glad to hear that. I knew that he found solace in writing and playing.

She said to be sure to tune in to the show tonight because he was going to try and channel some of what he’s feeling into the performance. The show was just about to come on and I didn’t know if I could take it. Here I sit in my living room where days ago I let an amazing man walk away.

That’s not really an accurate statement. I pushed him away. And now here he is on my TV about to sing what??! Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey? Oh no. I shouldn’t have turned this on. It’s tearing me up inside. He’s looking directly into the camera and piercing my soul.

I feel like I’ve gotten the wind knocked out of me. He is breathtaking.

I’m staring at the TV and tears are streaming down my face. I totally expected that an angry rock anthem would have conveyed his feelings about me right now.

I am totally blown away that instead he made himself vulnerable and sung a passionate song about undying love.

What the hell is my problem? How could I have let him go? Whatever seemed insurmountable before now seemed miniscule. I needed to see him. Now! I grabbed my keys, but before I made it out the door my phone rang. It was my friend. As soon as she heard my voice shaking she knew I had seen the show. I asked how David was and she said he was an emotional wreck.

He had put all his heart and soul into the song and it had drained him. I told her I was coming to the studio but she didn’t think that was a good idea. “I’m looking at him right now and he’s down a hallway, all by himself sitting on a bench. I don’t think he’s in any shape to see you.”

The thought of him like that stopped me in my tracks. It reminded me of the night we broke up and the mental image of him sitting on the curb and all the hurt I had caused him came flooding back. My friend asked if I was okay and then gave me a reality check. “You have to really be sure before you start anything back up again. David is really hurt.

I understand your reasons for doing what you did. But now you need to ask yourself what you’re hoping to accomplish by running down here.”. She was totally right. What was I going to say? “Sorry I put you through hell, but I’ve changed my mind. Ooops, my bad!” Please! I couldn’t do that. I wanted to see David for purely selfish reasons.

If I thought about it honestly I still wasn’t going to be able to handle all the things that go along with being in the public eye any better than I could last week.

I wasn’t thinking clearly and was letting emotion cloud my judgment. I held it together long enough to thank her, tell her I would call her later and hang up. I put my keys down, went to the fridge and opened a bottle of wine. I fully intended to drink the whole thing by myself. I needed an escape. I suddenly remembered that about a month ago my boss had wanted me to visit a client in NYC. I had been putting it off because of everything happening with David and the show.

Before I had my first sip I called my boss and left him a voicemail saying I was ready to take the trip. A couple of glasses of wine later I had my trip all planned out. I decided to take a week’s vacation after seeing the client and visit some relatives there. Getting away would do me some good I thought. At least it might give me a fresh perspective and help me get over David a little. Although, I have a feeling he’s going to be tough to forget.

I REALLY want to skip ahead a couple of stories to get you guys the good stuff but it's building. I promise! The stories that build plot are my least favorite but they're necessary. Hope you like it anyway. Have a great weekend ladies!! This old lady is going to rest up. I twisted my ankle and I have a half-marathon I'm running in 3 weeks. Yikes! Very Sad

you're amazing.
this story is brilliant.
i'm crying, like tears are literally pouring down my face.
beautiful.

oh my goodness!!! i am completely speechless!! wow.....i am soooo glad i found this thread! it was a link in another thread on this site.....man the beginning parts were omg....freaking hot! makin me all hot and bothered! lol...but now....it's soooooooo said Very Sad i just read through all 6 pages lol.....can't wait for the next chapter!!! please say things will get better! lol

For those of you who just read and are sad.... Hug

I promise, it will get better. I have big plans for these two. I'm so anxious to get to it but not rushing it will make it all the more sweet! (:

WN4life007... thanks girlie! Glad you liked this "chapter". Thanks for singing my praises in the party thread. Everything I do.... I do it for you!! (Insert Hollywood week Dave here...) LOL!

Aw, this was great! And I don't mind the wait. I like the rising action towards a climax like thing you have goin' on here! Wink

For those of you who just read and are sad.... Hug

I promise, it will get better. I have big plans for these two. I'm so anxious to get to it but not rushing it will make it all the more sweet! (:

WN4life007... thanks girlie! Glad you liked this "chapter". Thanks for singing my praises in the party thread. Everything I do.... I do it for you!! (Insert Hollywood week Dave here...) LOL!

thanks for Hollywood Dave ... you are awesome girl! Hug

when are we gonna have more of the story??? i'm dying here......anxiously awaiting the next chapter......

and yes tissues are definately needed in this thread lol

WordyNerdy - David = check, tissues = check, making it into a book - next on the list LMAO!

I'm kinda glad there isnt an update yet - the short breaks allow my tear ducts to refill and for my emotions to get back in check LOL Face

You guys are too funny!! The next story is written. Hopefully I'll post it along with the gorgeous pictures sometime tomorrow. Very Happy Maybe this time I'll give your tear ducts a break. Or... maybe not! Wink You never know!

hey brookalike! welcome to the boards Welcome!

so i take it you've read all the previous pages of this DC story in pictures then eh? LOL......Wordnerdy(who is the wonderful author of this story) said she has the next chapter done.....and said she might put it up tommorow Yahoo!
course you probably already read that and now i'm an excited rambler lol

I always read back (If she ever needs new pictures, she should go to the AI forums, in the David Cook section, and look at the thread titled PICTURE THREAD!!!! we have 143 pages there of pictures...and convos...but mostly pictures. a lot of the concert pics are there...) (Thanks for the warm welcome!) (I ramble all the time, including now...)

Oh, and also, there are two pics of David's new tat there! (In case you hadn't heard: he got a new tat. It's a blue-green eye on his right wrist...kinda wierd, but since it's on him, very cool Thud_old ) Also, all the best pictures from photobucket that I could find (my user over on the AI forums is WordNerdAt12)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.