Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Fear by Sarah McLachlan (lyrics here)

Significant verse:
Morning smiles
Like the face of a newborn child
Innocent unknowing
Winter's end
Promises of a long lost friend
Speaks to me of comfort

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 13

The next six months flew by. My new job was proving to be very demanding but I loved it. I had already racked up major frequent flyer miles traveling between the two coasts and back home. What I was doing was so rewarding and fun though. Fundraising was like party planning with a lot of heart! The events I helped to coordinate were always such a blast and everybody felt good afterward. But even though I was busy I still had time to keep up with David’s blossoming career. Radio stations all over the country had gotten a hold of his new single and he had rocketed to national fame and stardom. Fortune was smiling on him.

Whenever I stopped in the airport newsstands I always saw him on the cover of one magazine or another.

He had been seen with celebrities

former Laker Girls

and winners of other singing competitons.

During those late nights when I couldn’t sleep or was up late working I would sometimes catch David on talk shows.

When I’ve been traveling, I’ve heard him on radio interviews in the big markets in LA and NYC.

And of course I heard his song everywhere. It was more than a little odd for me. It was so bizarre that I could almost disassociate myself from it and pretend that it was someone else I was reading about or watching on Larry King Live. I couldn’t believe how different out lives were now and how quickly David had grabbed that brass ring and been catapulted into the spotlight. I still remember the goofy boy that was fond of t-shirts with funny sayings on them.

Now he’s got these gorgeous women on his arm. It’s so bizarre that I’m really not jealous. I don’t have any right to be anyway, but I sit and stare at these photographs and they’re almost comical. Sometimes he looks like the cat that swallowed the canary and I have to laugh.

He does look happy, like he’s having the time of his life and I’m actually glad. This is exactly what I was talking about when we broke up, being able to enjoy all of this with abandon. If we had still been together there’s no way he would have been having this much fun and I doubt we would even still be together. I wanted him to live life to the fullest and that’s exactly what he’s doing.

It just proves further to me that I made the right decision. For once I feel proud of myself for pushing the jealousy aside and being truly happy for David. A sign of maturity? Perhaps. Maybe I was just happier and more confident in myself because of how much I loved my job and because I felt like I was contributing to something bigger than myself.

The day was Tuesday and I was in the park eating lunch. I had the latest magazine with David’s picture in it sitting beside me. The smile still lingered on my face as I remembered a day shortly after we first met. He was trying to be helpful and help me paint an unfinished table I had bought for my kitchen. The painting started off well enough but slowly deteriorated. Despite how careful he had been, the finished table looked terrible! As he stood there surveying his work I couldn’t help but erupt into laughter.

At first he appeared offended. As he made his way over to the paint can he muttered “Fine then, I guess I’ll be doing THIS over.” but as he turned back towards me I saw the look on his face and started to run.

I didn’t quite get far enough away and when he threw the rest of the paint in the can at me it splattered all over my legs and the table.

I stood there pretending to be mad. “Hey, you deserved that. I can’t believe you laughed at my masterpiece.” he said accusingly. “Masterpiece???” I squawked. “If this is your masterpiece it’s no wonder you’re starving!” He carefully tiptoed through the paint on the plastic drop cloth as he made his way towards me. “I must say, I am a bit hungry…” he said as he grabbed me around the waist and nibbled my ear. I laughed and we fell in a heap in the paint. David was rolling around like a pig in mud as I continued to laugh. It took me a minute to realize he was actually in pain. After an x-ray at the urgent care facility it was discovered that David had fractured his foot and had to be on crutches.

Poor baby! I must say the sight of him still covered in paint hobbling around on those things still made me chuckle. I think about it every time I look at that table. I kept the paint splattered look David gave it because it actually looked kind of cool and I knew it would remind me of that day. I suddenly remembered where I was, looked at my watch and was surprised to find I had spent my whole lunch hour day dreaming of David.

When I got back to my desk after lunch a memo was waiting for me in my chair. We had a big charity event I was helping to organize in NYC that was coming up in two months. We were finalizing plans, guest lists and entertainers. I saw the subject of the memo had to do with the latter. I skimmed the page and my eyes stopped dead in the middle when I read “Newly confirmed performers are Justin Timberlake, Rascal Flatts and David Cook.”.

I sat down… HARD. I couldn’t believe our paths might cross again. Did I want them to? How would I react? How would he react? I couldn’t get out of being there. There’s too much to do last minute to leave it up to someone else. That would be completely unprofessional. Besides, now that the initial shock had worn off and I had a couple of minutes to think about it, I found myself actually looking forward to seeing him again. Even if we didn’t speak, just to see him up close again would feel so good.

Suddenly my assistant burst into my office. “Did you SEE the memo? Did you see WHO is going to be performing? Oh my God, David Cook is going to be there!! I can hardly stand it. Do you know who that is?“ I smiled and nodded my head. I decided not to mention our connection to anyone. I hadn’t before and there was no need to now. It might make things more awkward and would certainly make the next couple of months difficult at work. It was going to be difficult enough as it was. I could already feel myself counting down the days until I flew to NY.

wordynerdy, sorry to say that I only recently found this thread. And now I'm hooked! LOL You are an amazing writer, and always leave me with anticipation! Can't wait for the next chapter... Very Happy

WORDYNERDY

OMG!

That was sooo freakin' a-mah-zing i am still sitting here in awe. AND OMFG! You used one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE pics of David Cook and I didn't even tell you it was! The pic of him with the crutches *dies* LOVE that pic! LOVE this story and I LOVE YOU for writing it!!! And just cause your awesome of course Smile

Hey you guys! Thanks brookealike, you're so sweet! And jennyfurlynn... I'm so glad you found us! Keep checking, there's more to come.

And to AF... LOL!!! I LOVE that picture with the crutches too and have been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to use it. I also love the paint ones so... win, win,win! Smile I love you bunches too! Group Hug1

I seriously can NOT wait for you guys to read the next one. I'm using one of my favorite pictures in it I think and it's half written already plus I've outlined at least 3 other ones. I told you I was inspired after seeing him in Charlotte!! Smile

well this is definitely worth reading. you should put all of this in a book.

omg!!!! eeeeee their gonna meet!!!!!! Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo! can ya tell i'm excited? hehe.....good job!! that was an awesome chapter!!
i really love the day dreaming part......lol the table scene...totally pictured it my head as i was reading....i love how you write the story with such discriptive words...and i loved the part where he's all like i guess i'm gonna have to do it again and gives her that look which i can totally picture in my head that ornery look Thud_old and then him grabbing her and.... Thud_old lol.....so excited to read the next chapter(s)!!

^^^ Yikes You're excited? psh, I SO couldn't tell! You're just so good at hiding it! Wink

(I can't wait for the next chapter either...) I'm Not Worthy!The WaveYahoo!WooHoo!!

wordynerdy ... they are going to meet ... WOO HOO!! we want details in the only the way you do it Thud_old - and there better be something good - no ignoring each other LOL ... a heart stopping meeting of the eyes ... rushing behind the closed doors ... *slaps cheek* I'm stopping right now ... dont make us wait wordynerdy!!!

and this is one of the best parts because you threw in my fav band ... rascal flatts *drools* sorry ... back on topic ...

wordynerdy ... they are going to meet ... WOO HOO!! we want details in the only the way you do it Thud_old - and there better be something good - no ignoring each other LOL ... a heart stopping meeting of the eyes ... rushing behind the closed doors ... *slaps cheek* I'm stopping right now ... dont make us wait wordynerdy!!!

and this is one of the best parts because you threw in my fav band ... rascal flatts *drools* sorry ... back on topic ...

yes! lol....we want details, and descriptive wording ROFLOL and i agree...none of this ignoring each other, we want passion! lol...ok i should probably stop now too......lol

LOL girls, I LOVE your enthusiasm!! Believe me, when the time is right I will give you details and that's all I'm going to say! We are ALL Innocent

I'm so glad you're as excited about them meeting again as I am. I could hardly wait to write this part and now I'm dying to post the next one. All I've got to say is that my kids are going back to school at just the right time! I need a few hours with just myself and this story!! Smile

I love Rascal Flatts too and will definitely be using one of their songs as "inspiration" but I'm not sure which one... there are too many that would be good!

And LOL at the book garpods- it wouldn't be read by anybody but the few that post here!!! LOL! Is there such a thing as a "worst seller" list? Ha, ha, ha! Smile

Me and you think alike wordynerdy! I heart the pic of him on crutches! Thud_old And please note your favorite pic in the next installmint! It might be one of mine as well! Wink

If it was a book I would buy it!

LOL girls, I LOVE your enthusiasm!! Believe me, when the time is right I will give you details and that's all I'm going to say! We are ALL Innocent

I'm so glad you're as excited about them meeting again as I am. I could hardly wait to write this part and now I'm dying to post the next one. All I've got to say is that my kids are going back to school at just the right time! I need a few hours with just myself and this story!! Smile

I love Rascal Flatts too and will definitely be using one of their songs as "inspiration" but I'm not sure which one... there are too many that would be good!

And LOL at the book garpods- it wouldn't be read by anybody but the few that post here!!! LOL! Is there such a thing as a "worst seller" list? Ha, ha, ha! Smile

Oh boo you, it should be a book anyway.

hey kathleen...how did you make the text underneath your siggy a different color?

hey kathleen...how did you make the text underneath your siggy a different color?

Um. Put [ color=insertcolorhere] then your text [ /color] without the space.

Kathleen, I have to tell you every time I read one of your posts I totally picture you sitting there with your ice blended coffee, holding it out away from you, saying whatever your post says and then going back to sipping your drink. It cracks me up!! LOL

Kathleen, I have to tell you every time I read one of your posts I totally picture you sitting there with your ice blended coffee, holding it out away from you, saying whatever your post says and then going back to sipping your drink. It cracks me up!! LOL

LOL! I could picture that! LOL Face

LOL! I could picture that! LOL Face

Not that hard to do, seeing that there's a picture right there. Lol.

i so cant wait for the shorty to continue and wordnerdy theres so many people on here and people elsewhere that would buy this if it were a book not because its a david story but because its honestly very good and captures your imagine instantly.

Awwww.... thanks garpods! I'm in the process of finding pictures for part 14. (I can't believe it's got that many parts now!!) Hopefully I'll have the new installment up sometime tomorrow!

yay that make me happy. i start classes tomorrow but i know when i get home if this is up it will make my day better.

Awwww.... thanks garpods! I'm in the process of finding pictures for part 14. (I can't believe it's got that many parts now!!) Hopefully I'll have the new installment up sometime tomorrow!

Do you still plan on using your favorite pic of all time? Smile If so, point it out! Hug 's

Yep, that's the plan! I honestly don't know why it's my favorite but it just makes me *sigh*. Smile

Good luck in class garpods! I actually kind of envy you, I miss those days believe it or not!

I like just about anything coffee flavored, yet I hate coffee. Like Coffee Coolattas from Dunkin Donuts are a-MAH-zing =]

I tried coffee in 3 different ways and I hated them all. Lets see..I've tried coffee black with nothing in it at all-NASTY! I've tried it with sugar and non dairy creamer-OK, BUT CLOSE TO NASTY and I've tried it with that powdery creamer junk in it-VERY NASTY!

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Seasons Change by Corinne Bailey Rae (lyrics here)

Significant verse:
Maybe you've been pouring everything into this
your mistake of this it turns to agony,
you contradict this when it comes to it,
You can't hide from me, but don't you surrender anything.
Don't you know that,
that patience is a virtue (yes it is),
and life is a waiting game...
don't you know that, peace must be nurtured
and all the money in the world can buy you nothing... (i tell you that)
All these things happen, all these happen for a reason.

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 14

Two months had passed since the memo with David’s name on it had crossed my desk. I was now in a taxi from the JFK airport making my way to the hotel where the event was to take place. I had a lot of last minute details to take care of so I was going to hit the ground running. In the back of my mind though I knew David would be arriving there around 5:30 for a sound check. I tried not to be nervous but if I thought about his face

And hearing his voice again I would get butterflies.

The afternoon went quickly and I was consumed with making sure everything was right. I was in the dark of the back of the ballroom when the first notes of David’s victory song took me by surprise. I looked up and there he was, joking around with the band as he approached the mic stand.

The memory of the first time I saw him came flooding back and all the feelings I had then hit me all at once. Amazement at his easy good looks, surprise at his kind, smiling eyes and desire for his full sensual lips.

I had to catch my breath and realize that was then, this is now and a lot had happened in a year. I was completely unprepared for my reaction and suddenly I felt like I had to leave and get myself together. I couldn’t just stand there. I wanted to make my way towards the door but it was across the room. I tried to make myself as inconspicuous as possible but since there weren’t many people in the room every movement was noticeable. As I passed into the light one of my assistants flew to my side to ask me a question and I had to stop to answer her. I heard David stop singing. His band followed suit. “Sorry guys, can you give me a minute?” he said. I looked up to see what he was doing. Maybe he hadn’t seen me and was taking a break for another reason. When I turned toward the stage I knew that hope was misplaced. He was standing there with an amused expression on his face.

All of a sudden I saw him raise his arm and point right at me.

“Hey, I know you” he said sarcastically. He put his hands to his eyes to shield them and get a better look.

“Come closer so I can see you.” Was he seriously trying to flirt with me??? The smirk on his face let me know that was exactly what he was doing. I was instantly disarmed. Maybe he thought I was someone else.

“Hey you!” I managed still not certain he recognized me. “Hey yourself!” he said as he jumped off the stage with a big grin. If I had any doubt about who he thought I was they vanished when I looked into his eyes. There was a lump in my throat that prevented me from speaking when I felt the electricity between us that still remained. We stood and stared at each other for what seemed like hours. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next and didn‘t know what he would want to happen. After all, I didn‘t know how he felt about me after all these months and I didn’t want to come on too strong. Actually, I was taken aback at my visceral reaction and strong need to be close to him again but there was just something about him that time and circumstances just couldn‘t erase.

Finally he said “So, what brings you to this side of the country? And how is home?”. It was unbelievable to me that there was no trace of bitterness in his voice. He was just as friendly as he was the day we first met but I got the feeling from his body language that friendly was all he was going to be right now. He stood there listening with his arms crossed protectively in front of his chest.

I explained about my new job and shared with him that home was just the same. And that everyone was very, very proud of him. “Yeah, I don’t get back there much. Well, twice to be exact.” I teased him saying “I guess it sucks to be a rock star playing to your adoring fans all over the world.”.

He laughed and said “I’m not going to complain about it, but I do wish I wasn’t so busy so I could have some time with my friends and family.”. At that moment I really surveyed his face and realized how tired he looked.

I felt for him and hoped he was taking care of himself. “So, it’s really nice of you to take time out to do things like this.” I said “The ACS really appreciates it. Everyone’s been so pumped up about you being here.” He looked intrigued.

“Yeah… so you knew I was going to be at this gig huh? Or are you the one who made my appearance here possible?” He was completely joking but the thought that he might think that I went so far as to use the ACS to see him again left me flustered. “No, no… no” I stammered. “I mean, I’m really happy you’re here but I don’t book the talent.” He was enjoying making me uncomfortable. “The TALENT? Is that what I am?” he said with mock indignation.

“Well… I just mean that’s not my job. I’m mostly a tablecloth and flower arrangement kind of girl around here.” I explained. David looked around the ballroom. “Everything looks amazingly beautiful. You do your job very well.” he said with so much sincerity I almost cried. How could he be so forgiving after what I had done to him? Of course he was a little guarded but what did I expect? “So do you. I love your new song.” I finally said. “Thanks, I appreciate that. Actually I better get back to the sound check for it. It was REALLY good to see you.” he said and squeezed my shoulder. “You too.” We smiled at each other and turned away. I headed out the door as I heard him say into the microphone to his band and everyone else that was listening “Sorry guys… groupie. I had to let her down easy. I get that a lot.”. I turned around to see him staring at me smiling. He hadn’t changed a bit.

That night his performance was amazing. It had been a long time since I had seen him on stage in person and he’s only gotten better. Everyone was glued to him and I couldn’t take my eyes off of him either. He was gorgeous up there.

He even looked my way and smiled a few times. The girls at work were going to be so jealous! After his set I felt compelled to talk to him again but when I made my way backstage he was just leaving with his entourage. He saw me and waved. He mouthed the words “Sorry… bye!” to me as I saw him walk out the door. I found out he had another function he had to attend that night. I was surprised that the overwhelming feeling I was left with was not disappointment but elation. I was able to witness this man do what he loved to do in front of adoring fans and it was obvious how much it means to him. I couldn’t have been happier for my old friend.

I do admit that I wish I would have been able to give him a proper goodbye and part of me wanted to run after him and plead with him not to leave. Or I wanted to go with him, stay with him. After all this time. Instead, the new me decided to hold our meeting today in my heart as another fond memory of someone I will always love. I realized tonight that a part of me will always belong to him. And I was okay with the possibility that he may never know because I looked into his eyes today and saw the love I still felt for him reflected back at me. That was an unexpected gift and one which should have no conditions. I smiled with the knowledge that I had grown more in the past year than I thought. I am happy with who I am right now, in this moment and so happy I had another chance to see David.

LOL, sorry to interrupt your coffee talk girls. I didn't know that was going on! The story just kind of abruptly started in the middle of your conversation!!! Smile

Oh and AF, my favorite picture is... the one in my avi!! That's just like the best candid shot EVAH!! He's so beautiful and he doesn't even have to try. Like I said... *sigh*

I've also been waiting to use that pointy picture forever. I knew that's what he was going to be saying as soon as I saw that picture!

Wordynerdy that was amazing! There little reunion was great! Doh! I can't wait to read what happens next! I loved the little part where he says, "Oh, it was just a groupie," LMAO! Pricelesss =]

I was kinda thinking that as soon as I saw it, but I wasn't going to just assume it lol...It is a very nice shot of him. I have it saved on my computer titled, "Breathtaking" Awww Love

And no problem on the coffee thing LMAO!

omg wordynerdy!!! another awesome chapter!!!!
wow there was excitement, awkwardness then omg when he spotted her....and they started talking....*thud*.....man.....he still loves her!! Yahoo! i just wish they could have talked more.....i hope they meet back up again!! can't wait for the next chapter....

oh and wordynerdy....that's ok about the story....you can interupt any kinda talks, coffee or otherwise w/ those amazing DC stories of yours LOL.....we don't mind do we? lol