Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Okay, You now made my day better. My math teacher spent 15 minutes on a SINGLE PROBLEM! We had almost no time for the lesson! but this fixes it.

Wordynerd that was perfect! FLAWLESS! AWESOME! EPIC! SPIFFY! a-MAH-zing! You get the deal...can't wait to see what happens next...as the word nerd tunrs lmaooo Razz

Yay! I've been waiting for a new chapter, and I was not disappointed!! Very Happy It ended so sweetly. I love that they're rebuilding the friendship slowly instead of rushing into things. I just met David for the 2nd time yesterday, and reading this almost made me cry. lol. Maybe that's silly, but I just thought of how wonderful it is when you're actually looking into his eyes. He's amazing. And so is your story! Awww Love

wordynerdy you have turned me into a sap ... I love it though ... And all I can say is I can not wait to fly over for Davids solo tour ... I might finally get to meet him

ok phenomenal once again. i always read the chapters before i go to bed because for some reason i go to bed happier. this chapter you used one of my favorite pics and that was awesome.

Thanks again everyone!! With the end of the tour coming I kind of feel like I'm clinging to this story as my refuge!

LOL about turning wordnerd4life007 into a sap! I do hope you get to fly over here for David's solo tour. That would be amazing... and expensive!

garpods, which one of your faves did I use? Do tell! Glad the story made you happier.

AF- I totally was going to name this chapter "As the Word Nerd Turns" instead of "Part 16"!! LMAO! I realized I have actually turned this into a soap opera... complete with cliffhangers!

wordnerd4life83... *SIGH* right back at ya. That made me laugh!

jennyfurlynn, so glad you go to meet him a second time. And almost crying isn't good enough, I want real tears!!! JK, but I know what you mean... and it isn't silly.

Glad the story made you SQUEEEEE bookealike, thanks for hugging Davey tight for us CookieMonster66, and glad you liked the update fixesfixed and ChinaLovesCookie!

You is awesome too, Kathleen! Smile

Thanks for all the comments. They really make my day! Awww Love

I must say, I sat down with a glass of wine last night and reread all the stories so far in order. I've tried not to use the same picture twice but I really haven't been doing a good job of that at all. I duplicated more than I thought. Oh well. Plus, I could NOT believe I used pictures of Dave's "fanbase" towards the beginning. I was actually ashamed of myself!! And it's funny to me how a story made up basically of captions for pictures that I liked and seemed to fit together has turned into a fanfic! Not what I intended at all, but still awesome!

I must say, I sat down with a glass of wine last night and reread all the stories so far in order. I've tried not to use the same picture twice but I really haven't been doing a good job of that at all. I duplicated more than I thought. Oh well. Plus, I could NOT believe I used pictures of Dave's "fanbase" towards the beginning. I was actually ashamed of myself!! And it's funny to me how a story made up basically of captions for pictures that I liked and seemed to fit together has turned into a fanfic! Not what I intended at all, but still awesome!

Oh yes. Definitely. Can I just say that I'm actually saving everything in a Publisher document and I'm gonna try and print it all out? It's just that EPIC.

Err. Hmm. What I'm doing, technically.. Not very hard. But it sure is taking up a lot of pages! Haha.

Err. Hmm. What I'm doing, technically.. Not very hard. But it sure is taking up a lot of pages! Haha.

LOL!!! You'll have to let me know how many pages it is when the story is all done. You might have to buy extra ink!!! Smile

LOL!!! You'll have to let me know how many pages it is when the story is all done. You might have to buy extra ink!!! Smile

Yeah, I have a good amount of stuff that I HAVE YET to print! I know I kpet saying I would back in the mid summer, but I never got around to it! Bad meee LMAO!

And lol to the part about you being ashamed wordynerdy! Don't worry, your innocent We are ALL Innocent We all are... Wink

?? Ok, maybe not...

that picture to me brings everything to life...it is so rockstar, the lighting, the cameras. i dont know its just perfect to me like eerie kind of but a brilliant picture at the same time.

Wordnerdy once again you have moved me! You ae so amazing and I love where this story is headed lol. What I think I love most about this whole entire story is how it started out all hot and heavy and like z rated and how it has now changed into more of a love story. Its s cute and its so diverse. You get me feeling all kinds of happy lol

Glad you're feeling "all kinds of happy" stoppoking! That was cute.

LOL at all of us being innocent AF... but not!

Need a new chapter. Im getting antsy! No more tour No more Mavid and this is such a nice outlet to come to but yea doesnt help when theres no updates! LMAO Wordnerdy hws it coming????? hahaha

LOL! I was thinking about you girls now that the tour is over. I have just the thing. I'm planning two chapters this week. I'll have the first one up tomorrow and the second soon after that since it's almost all written as well. I know we all need a little "somethin', somethin'" now more than ever!!! Smile

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Kickin' it old school this week... Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley (lyrics here)

Significant verses:
Is love so fragile...
And the heart so hollow
Shatter with words...
Impossible to follow
You're saying I'm fragile...I try not to be
I search only...for something I can't see

I have my own life...and I am stronger
Than you know
But I carry this feeling
When you walked into my house
That you won't be walking out the door

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 17

We awoke on the plane to the smell of coffee brewing. We were still facing each other and as the sleepiness wore off and I went to stretch I realized David’s hand was casually draped over my hip. We seemed to notice at the same time because he pulled it back immediately. “Sorry.” he offered, “Old habits you know…”. I held his gaze as I said “I didn’t mind.”. He seemed slightly shocked at first but then the crooked smirk slowly appeared.

The flight attendant interrupted our exchange and took our breakfast order. He and I moved on to talk about other things but I kept staring at his hand now casually draped over his own leg and wished he hadn’t moved it.

When we arrived in LA David walked me out of the terminal and put me in a cab before catching one himself. We were going in opposite directions. I had to check into my hotel and freshen up before heading to work. He had to be at the studio right away and was going to have to splash cold water on his face and try to get a quick shave when he got there.

I felt so badly for him that he didn’t even get a chance to go home and change clothes. I know he’s enjoying himself but the schedule they have him on has got to be getting old. Because of our various obligations we weren’t going to see each other again until the next night. We were going out for a few drinks with some of his buddies and some of my associates from work. He wanted to show me his favorite night spot so I happily agreed. That night we all had a blast. David was his normal, gregarious self which of course attracted a lot of ladies.

He enjoyed the attention but I noticed he kept an eye on me. It was easy to dismiss the female attention since I wasn’t “with” him but the question of how I would handle all this if we were together remained with me. I honestly was enjoying watching David have a good time and felt like if we were a couple it wouldn’t be an issue. David’s occasional winks in my direction let me know he was having fun but I was on his mind in spite of all of the “distractions”.

It was comforting but a little confusing. The night went on and I was getting a little tired. I decided I was ready to go so I excused myself to the ladies room. When I came out, David was waiting in a chair closest to the restroom.

“Are you heading out?” he asked. “Yeah, I’m beat. You stay and have fun though.” I responded. David smiled and said “I think it would be irresponsible of me considering the day we have ahead of us tomorrow.”. We smiled at each other.

I was actually off from work the next day but wasn’t flying home until 8:00 that night. When I’m in LA I like to counterbalance the atmosphere there with a little volunteer work. The Children’s Hospital is one of the best in the country and I like to spend at least a day in the pediatric cancer center. When David found out that I was going to be visiting there before I left he wanted to come along. I had been looking forward to this part of the trip for days. “Okay then, get your ass back home and in bed.” I teased. “Geez, are you sure you were never in the military? You’re being awfully bossy!” he joked. “Sorry.” I said a little sheepishly. “No, I kind of like it. Assertiveness is hot!” he quipped. “In that case, start marching soldier!” I ordered. He just shook his head.

And then said, “Come on, I’ll walk you out.” “No, that’s not necessary. You still have a drink to finish. I’ll be fine.“ David looked at me with what almost seemed like pride mixed with amusement. He crossed his arms and reprimanded me nonetheless.

“Stop being so damn independent! Besides, what kind of friend would I be if I let you leave this club by yourself? I’ll grab you a cab.“ and with that we said so long to our friends and left together. When my cab pulled up, he gave me a hug. “I’ll look forward to my trumpet call at 0800 tomorrow General!”. I just punched his arm and said “Don’t be late!”. The next morning I met him at the hospital. I introduced him around and one patient in particular seemed to really connect with him. They were inseparable all day.

It was really sweet to see and David seemed to enjoy his time there. It’s always a mixed bag of joy and sadness. Being at the hospital is always a good reminder of who I’m raising funds for every day and that there’s a cause greater than myself, sorrows worse than my own and strength greater than I could ever muster. I felt that David really got that as well. When we left he seemed emotional.

I knew he would be. “Hey, you okay?” I asked. “Yeah, that was just tough. I mean, amazing, but tough.” he replied. “You have a tender heart. It’s hard to see those kids hurting but being so brave at the same time.” I tried to console him. “I don’t know how you do it. You come here so often.” he ventured. “Well, I’m no Mother Theresa and really, I should do more.” I confessed. “Are you kidding? You do more than most people. Most everybody I know has no idea this place is even here. It actually makes me want to cry.”. David looked at me through wet eyes and I could barely stand it.

I gave him a hug and we clung to each other for a moment. Finally I said “Hey, I don’t want to make you sad. I wanted this to be a good experience. What do you say? Can I buy you a hot dog? Nothing celebrates life and living it to the fullest like a good package of hog parts!” I didn’t want to leave David in this funk. “Okay.” he agreed. “You remembered that my favorite comfort food was hot dogs, huh?! It always reminds me of baseball games when I was a kid!”. “I have the perfect place. I actually go there every time I leave the hospital. Hot dogs are my comfort food too. They also have the coldest beers in town!” I shared. David smiled and said “Well then, let’s go!”. While we were there Dave seemed to really enjoy his meal and shake off any lingering sadness.

“These really are good dogs!” he said.

“I told you! Unfortunately I only have another 30 mins. before I have to get going.” I didn’t want our time together to end but it was inevitable. When we finished our dinner, We hopped in a cab and headed for the airport. When we arrived, David got out and helped me with my bags. “Thank you so much for taking me with you today. It was amazing and I’d love to go with you again.” he said. “Of course, I’d like that too.” I replied and then added “I know you’re busy but please consider a trip home soon. I think you’d really benefit from seeing everyone there and being able to rest a bit.”. He smiled and said “Oh my, are you worried about me???” I smiled back and said “Of course I am. You’re a good friend and I’d hate to see you run yourself down. Please take care of yourself.”. He reassured me, “I will. And I promise I will schedule a trip home soon. You’ll be the first to know when I’ll be there. Now give me a hug and get going before you miss your flight.” I did as he asked and gave him an extra strong squeeze. We stood there staring at each other for a minute and then he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I felt like I wanted to take him on the plane with me. I hated to leave him there. But finally I said my goodbyes and headed into the terminal. I looked back once and saw David getting back into the cab. He had been watching me and when he saw me glance his way, he blew me a kiss. It made me smile all the way to the plane. I knew I would miss him and I hoped he would come back home soon.

*happy sigh* .... awwww ... love it ... wordynerdy ... love it ... just what I needed as I'm about to go to bed lmao!! can't wait for the next chapter for the week ... yeah!!

Aw! That was sucha sweet ending! Can't wait to read what happens next!!! *dies of impatience-ness* Awww Love

Oh and you used a pretty sex-e picture...may I point it out?

*dies* Thud_old

I LOVE that picture too AF!! I don't think I've used it before (who knows, though!!) and I've been wanting too.

Glad you all liked this one. I had trouble coming up with ideas to fill it. I had the basic outline but the rest left me scratching my head. I guess it all came together okay.

I have a dilemma with the next update. I finished writing it today and it ended up being 4 pages... WITHOUT pictures!! Shocked So, clearly I'm going to have to do it in two parts. My question is... do you want me to post them one after the other for a total of 3 stories this week or do you want me to space them out so you have something to look forward to? There's more coming (eventually) after these two but I don't want you to get spoiled!!! LOL!

It's gonna be good- I can't wait! Wink

i say we want something to look forward to. we want it to last as long as possible since the tour is over now.

^^I agree. But Im already anxious for the next chapter! Very Happy I had a hell of a day today, so sitting down at my computer to find this was great.

Ahhh that chapter was amazing! So made my evening. Ive been in a crummy mood. Had a viewing to go to very sad and this just cheered me uo! Thank You!! And I think you should save the second part for next week so we have something to look forward to lol. Since this tour is over you have become our crutch lol

I LOVE that picture too AF!! I don't think I've used it before (who knows, though!!) and I've been wanting too.

Glad you all liked this one. I had trouble coming up with ideas to fill it. I had the basic outline but the rest left me scratching my head. I guess it all came together okay.

I have a dilemma with the next update. I finished writing it today and it ended up being 4 pages... WITHOUT pictures!! Shocked So, clearly I'm going to have to do it in two parts. My question is... do you want me to post them one after the other for a total of 3 stories this week or do you want me to space them out so you have something to look forward to? There's more coming (eventually) after these two but I don't want you to get spoiled!!! LOL!

It's gonna be good- I can't wait! Wink

half of me wants it all in one ... but the other half wants to have something to look forward to .... hmmm on second thoughts just dont ask me LMAO!!

Aaahhh. Awww Love That was so awesome.

Haha, do it in one or both, it doesn't really matter. Just gives me more stuff to save. xD

Gosh, sounds like some of our WNs didn't have very good days yesterday. I'm so sorry! I hope today will be better. Group Hug1

So, it sounds like the consensus is to wait. Sounds good to me. I'm usually all about instant gratification but it would be better to drag it out a bit. Anticipation is sometimes better than a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am"! I just have to say that it's going to be killing me!! I'll really have to find something to take my mind off of it. Rolling Eyes

My plan for now will be another story Wed. or Thurs. and then chapter #19 (Wow, 19!) Tues. of next week. Another Tuesdave to look forward to! LOL!

You guys are the best! Yahoo!

Today was better, but i still cant wait for the update! Group Hug1

haha i have to keep reminding myself to be patient because i want things to look forward to!

omgg i haven't been to read the story in about 50 million years!! i had a zillion chapters to catch up on and every word that i've read has been fabulous and i can't wait for the next chapter!!!
great job wordynerdy!!!!!!!

Yea today not much better at all, deffinately a bit worse but im looking forward to an updae tomorrow and im hoping things get better cuz im just feeling too crummy and depressed

wow....awesome job yet again wordynerdy!! ClappingClapping and again i find myself going "awwwww!!!" lol
and i agree with most that i'd love to have it all at once but at the same time it would be good to spread it out, to have something to look forward to...and btw....anyone who has their David Cook dvds...there's something to occupy your time and a great way to get your DC fix Drool (i'm watching mine now...the concert part that is....all his AI songs back to back *sigh*)

Hey Sarah! Good to see you back here! Glad you were able to catch up. Smile

Awwww, stoppoking. I'm sorry you're feeling crummy and depressed. I don't like sad WNs. Very Sad I hope it's better today. Maybe the story later will make you feel better.

Hey wn4life, watching David vids over and over is a great idea! There's nothing better than a little (or a lot of) David! I'd love to make one of those video mash ups but I've never done it before. I might have to soon to occupy my time before the album comes out.

Stay tuned for new stories... coming soon to a forum near you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.