Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Had to do it... Fall Back Into Me by David Cook (lyrics here)

Significant verses:
We've been here before
We'll be here again so go on and rest your head
Before you lose it again
We're leaning on each other
Or at least I can pretend
That we didn't lose it all again
It could have been different
It could have all been the same
But now I'm standing at your front door, singing.

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 18

It had been nearly a month since David and I had seen each other. I had been back out to LA once but he was off doing a gig somewhere else so we missed each other. We’ve been calling each other more often and it’s rare that a day goes by when I don’t hear from him. If not a phone call, I usually get a text or e-mail from him. It always makes my day better. I had just gotten a text from him asking what I was up to. It was a Saturday and I had just gotten dressed and fixed up a bit. I was walking towards the door to go run an errand when a loud knock surprised me. When I opened the door I was floored to see David standing there.

“Holy shit!” I blurted out. “Hi.” he said, laughing.

I recovered slightly and said “Wow, this is a nice surprise!” He seemed relieved and smiled. I moved aside so he could come in. “Thanks, I was hoping you’d have that reaction… the second one that is!” he said. He turned to face me still smiling.

It hit me then that the last time he had been in my house was the night we broke up. The irony of the situation made me pause and made me realize how grateful I was for how things were now. The fact that he was standing here at all was a small miracle. I literally jumped forward and gave him a huge hug. He caught me and hugged back. “And that reaction was better!” he said laughing. “What the hell are you doing here? And why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” I asked. He told me that his schedule had been too hectic lately and he felt like if he didn’t stop to take a breath that he was going to collapse.

I knew they had been running him ragged but I didn’t know he was under that much pressure. “So, I made a few phone calls, told everyone I was going to lay low for a few days and then hopped a plane here.”. I was so happy! “Good for you! Have you seen your family yet?” I ventured. He looked a little embarrassed.

“Uh… no. Actually, they don’t know I’m here either. I kind of wanted to disappear from everyone for just a day. Is it okay if I hide out here until tomorrow?”. The thought of having David all to myself for a whole day was making me feel like I was going to burst. I couldn’t even say anything. “I know I’m being selfish and I promise I’ll call everyone tomorrow, I just need some down time.” he started to explain. “No, I know! I’m just so happy you took my advice and are here. Of course you can stay. It’ll be great to have you here.” I quickly said. I took his hands and just stared at him.

“I can’t believe you’re actually here!” I said at last. He smiled. “So, what were you about to do? It looks like you were heading out somewhere.”. I explained that a friend of mine was throwing a housewarming party tonight and I was going to the store to get her a bottle of wine. I assumed David would want to stay behind and sleep while I went to the party for a bit but he insisted that he wouldn’t mind at all. He thought it might be fun to be around people who weren’t in “the biz”. I called my friend and made sure it was okay to bring David. Spending the day with him was amazing. He went with me to the store and helped me pick out the wine since he didn't like my taste!

He insisted on getting a bottle himself as well since he felt bad about dropping in on my friend. I told him it wasn’t a big deal but his thoughtfulness is one of the things I love about him and I didn’t want to squash that. We watched a movie on TV later that afternoon and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Before I knew it, it was time to go to the party. When he came out of the bedroom, he looked incredible.

My friend knew the whole story of David and I so she was super excited to meet him. These were people from work who David had never met before and since they were used to working with celebrities as well they weren’t at all starstruck which I was glad for. They treated David as just another guy and I could see him start to relax and enjoy himself. They talked to him about sports, beer and occasionally asked about his travels but didn’t dwell on the whole rockstar thing. It was good to see him having a good time.

“Wow, he is gorgeous!” my friend said when we were finally in the kitchen alone. “I know. I just can’t believe he’s here!” I said. “He obviously cares for you a lot. I swear he can’t take his eyes off of you.” she told me. As if on cue David turned his head and scanned the crowd. When he found me in the kitchen he smiled and turned back to the group he was standing with.

“See!!!” she practically yelled. “He’s always done that.”. I tried to dismiss it. “Because he’s always loved you! Nobody just up and leaves their life to surprise someone who is JUST their friend.” she tried to convince me. “It’s complicated. Although, I do feel like I’m getting mixed signals from him. But you know, things are just so good the way they are now that I don’t want to jeopardize that by misinterpreting something that isn’t even there.” I confessed. “You’re just scared. Trust me, there’s something there between you. You’d better figure out what it is before it’s too late and you’re stuck being just his friend forever.” she advised. David turned towards me again and waved me over.

“Yeah, yeah. I gotta go see what my FRIEND wants.” I said and was kind of glad to stop speculating about what exactly David and I meant to each other. There was no point in it. I walked up to him and he handed me a glass of wine. “I got you a refill.” I smiled. He was always so thoughtful. “Thanks, it’s just what I needed!” I said gratefully. “Do you want to get some air outside?” he asked. It sounded like a wonderful idea to me. The setting sun had gone behind the clouds so it wasn’t as hot as it had been earlier. And I loved seeing David in natural light.

There was a group out there that was having a good time and they turned to include us as soon as we stepped outside. We were laughing in no time and I had forgotten all about what my friend had said. It felt good to just be and not analyze anything.

All of a sudden we heard the rumble of thunder in the distance. We looked towards the sky which had become ominous looking. I guess we hadn’t noticed because the sun had almost set so it was hard to tell that the sky was also dark from the impending storm. Just then the bottom fell out and rain poured down. We were instantly soaked! We ran inside to dry off. David looked like a wet dog and acted like one by shaking his head all over me.

We were dying laughing. Even though my friend gave us towels I couldn’t shake the chill that had taken over so I told her it was time for us to be heading out. We thanked her for the fun time and David even gave her a big hug. The jokester in him couldn't resist getting someone who was perfectly dry soaking wet!

As we walked to my car David took the keys from me. “Do you mind if I drive?” he asked. “Hey, I haven’t had that much to drink!” I said, acting offended. He smiled and said “Oh, I know. I just don’t get a chance to drive very often and I’ve missed it. Please???!”. Of course I gave in. Besides I’ve always loved to see David behind the wheel. Something about a man driving and being in control was just sexy.

We got in the car and took off for home.

Nice ending picture. =] I can't wait to see what happens next! ( I have a couple of ideas of where this is going-LOL!)

Oh and for some reason this had my LMAO'ing for 5 seconds! xD

Quote :
Yeah, yeah. I gotta go see what my FRIEND wants.”

Glad I could supply some laughter!! Smile

I love that picture of him driving. Seriously I get fluttery when I look at it. I just imagine me in the passenger seat staring at his profile. Thud_old He could drive me anywhere!

I always look forward to new chapters! Thanks for making me smile today Very Happy And all the pictures you used are beautiful! Love the one where he's laughing and clapping his hands together. And of course the one of him behind the wheel! Reminds me of the Beatles song: "Baby you can drive my car..." Wink

David driving = 100% sexy
can't wait to see what happens when they get home!! great job as usual Very Happy

yeah this couldnt have come at a better time. that just made my day so much better. i swear everytime i read this story i get so engrossed i literally fall in the donne of this story. i love it.

Wow this chapter is amazing.It really did brighten my day. I always look forward to your stories. I cant wait for next week when we find out what happens at home with wet clothes lol

omg *squeels!!!* *sigh* awesome chapter yet again! put a huge smile on my face when i seen the next chapter was up!
and yes i too am eager to read what happens when they get home in their soaking wet clothes Yahoo!
mmmm david driving=sexy!! especially the pic you used.... Thud_old

Okay was I say that I wanted to stretch the story out? DONT LISTEN TO ME AT ALL!!

Wordynerdy ... you have gone back to your old tricks - you are leaving us hanging! You have us all sqeeling ... I just let a huge squeel out which made my puppy howl - hahaha Smile and wet Cookie .... oh I am one happy little WN Thud_old

love it WordNerdy ... *standing O*

I knew you all would like this one! You girls are cracking me up!! Smile You're all totally right though... Wet, driving Cookie is just so hot! I just reread the next part for like the 25th time. It's not fair that I know what's coming and you don't yet. Razz But I like that you're using your imaginations. That's what this story is for!! To take you to your own Cookie happy place. LOL!

I so want to go ahead and post the next one tomorrow but it WILL be better to wait. I don't think I'll make it to Tuesday though. Maybe I'll post it on Monday and get our week off to a good start! Thank goodness I'm going out of town this weekend and won't be near my laptop. Ha ha!

Love y'all! Awww Love

Girl, I've had this next one mostly written for almost 2 months! Wink
Bah!! that means that is going to be like the most amazing thing everr...it was sweet being able to come back and read like 6 in a row....now i have to wait just like everyone else!!

Posting it on Monday would be PER-FEC-TIONNN! I would be all done with stupido school projects and that would be the greatest reward for finishing all that! Well, along with the Heroes premire Smile

BUT STILL!!! I CANT WAITTT!!! Its just evil that you not only have it all set, but for 2 months?! Grrrrrrr LMAO! You go wordynerdy! cheers

^oooooo i definatley agree with you Anthonyfan! monday would be perfect...not only is it the heroes premiere that night but to have the next DC chapter to read....yayness cheers

Okay girls, thank you for talking me off the ledge! Smile The story is sitting in the draft section in my profile all ready to go and I SO want to hit the "publish" button!! LOL Smile Seriously, I almost did tonight! But, cooler heads prevailed. I just have to get through tomorrow morning before I go out of town and then I'll be good. It will be posted Monday morning though. I hope it lives up to the hype. Smile

Ooooh, Heroes premiere!! I need the cliff notes from last season. I can't remember much of what happened. Stupid writer's strike!

Okay girls, thank you for talking me off the ledge! Smile The story is sitting in the draft section in my profile all ready to go and I SO want to hit the "publish" button!! LOL Smile Seriously, I almost did tonight! But, cooler heads prevailed. I just have to get through tomorrow morning before I go out of town and then I'll be good. It will be posted Monday morning though. I hope it lives up to the hype. Smile

Ooooh, Heroes premiere!! I need the cliff notes from last season. I can't remember much of what happened. Stupid writer's strike!

Don't worry. It will.

Thanks kathleen! I appreciate your confidence! Smile

Hey ChinalovesCookie! Glad you liked the latest.

Well, I'm off for the weekend- running another race but this is only a 5K. Whew! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Talk to you on MonDave! Smile

Magic RainbowMagic RainbowMagic RainbowMagic RainbowMagic RainbowMagic Rainbow

Good to see fellow Heroes fans! Once it starts, you can head over to the thread I made under the T.V section about it so we can talk about it more there! Smile

Catch up on those notes wordynerdy! lol, good luck in the race this weekend!

Good to see fellow Heroes fans! Once it starts, you can head over to the thread I made under the T.V section about it so we can talk about it more there! Smile

Catch up on those notes wordynerdy! lol, good luck in the race this weekend!

oooo there's a thread where we can talk about 'Heroes' ? sweet lol that is gonna be pretty cool to talk about the show with other fans Very Happy

^yup! I made it this summer, but it wasn't active because...well, there was no Heroes on to talk about lol. So this will be great! 9/22 needs to get here sooner!

reading that last update just totally made my day a million times better.
I love this story so so much!
Can't wait for Mondave!

okay ... I am not going to stress *knuckles turning white* ... wordynerdy get back here girl!! The post has been wiped ... post again ... post again!! LMAO ... *deep breathe* hehehe

Don't worry, I haven't posted it yet. The post above wasn't important. What happened to the forum? I'm scared to post the story!!

Well, it is MonDave so I'm just going to post it and cross my fingers. I hope y'all enjoy it!!! Awww Love

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: This is just simply a beautiful song. I loved that it was almost the exact right length and crescendos at just the right part. Love it!

Everything by Lifehouse (lyrics here)

Significant verses:
You calm the storms
And you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You steal my heart
When you take my breath away
Would you take me in take me deeper now

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

Hold on to your seats and enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 19

David and I were in the car on the way home from my friend’s party. The rain had stopped but the air was still humid and it left the streets wet and steamy. Neither one of us said anything at first. We were still soaked from the rainstorm earlier so David turned the heat on low so I could warm up. Could he get any sweeter?

“You seemed to really enjoy yourself tonight.” I finally commented. David smiled and said “I did. Your friends are really great. Besides, how can I not have a good time when I’m with you? “. I smiled back. Maybe it was the two glasses of wine I had but whatever the reason I started to feel flushed. He noticed and reached over to take my hand. We had just come to a red light so he turned to face me.

“I mean it, I realized tonight how centered and grounded you’ve become and how much I really need that. It feels good to be with you and I feel like I’m my best self when you’re around. Nobody else has ever done that for me.” I was floored at his honesty and his hand on mine made my skin feel like it was 200 degrees. I didn’t know what to say. I thought that everything he had said since we saw each other again in NYC indicated he wanted nothing romantic. But then there were those things he didn’t say and times when the silence said everything. And of course there was the fact that he had just turned up on my doorstep unexpectedly today. The light turned green. He turned his attention back to the road but glanced back at me.

My lack of a response had him second guessing himself. I had to say something quick. “Our friendship means a lot to me too...” I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. Shit! Why did I say that? Clearly he was reaching out and testing the waters. What was I afraid of? I could see David stiffen in response and let go of my hand.

“So, is that all this is? Really??”. I was surprised at his immediate anger. Before I could respond he continued, “Fuck that. What is your problem? Jesus, I just opened up to you about my feelings for you for the first time since you pushed me out of your life and that’s what you have to say???? Have I just imagined everything going on between us? All the unspoken exchanges we’ve had?!!!! The way I thought we both felt whenever we touched? Unbelievable!” he was furious.

We were close to my apartment but he turned into an undeveloped neighborhood instead and stopped the car on a dirt road. “David, I’m sorry. I didn’t know what to say. That was stupid. I’m stupid. And confused. I don’t know what you want from me.” I tried in vain to explain. He stared blankly out of the windshield and then closed his eyes. “No, I was stupid to even think we could start over.” he declared

and with that he got out of the car, slammed the door behind him, and started walking away. As he passed in front of the headlights I could see that his shirt, still wet, was clinging to him. It stirred a deep desire in me I had been trying to keep repressed all this time. All those times since we had broken up that I wanted to go after him and I didn’t came to me. No more. This is what I wanted and I was going to fight for it. I jumped out and started running to him. When I caught him I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. We were on the edge of the woods and the moonlight was filtering through the trees. It cast a shadow across his face that perfectly matched his mood.

“Hey!” I yelled. “Don’t you walk away from me!” He was taken aback by my strength and anger. “What the hell? Why do I have to be the one to tell you what I want? The ball’s in your court. You were the one who walked away first.” he said accusingly. I softened a bit. “I know. I know. All of this is my fault.” He came on stronger. “Damn straight! Why did you do that? We were so good together and then you threw it all away… for nothing. I needed you and you weren’t there. I was lost.” and he looked lost.

He was upset at me but also at himself. It was tearing me up inside to think I had done that to him. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

“You know what one of the worst things was? I tried to hate you and I couldn’t. I really wanted to blame it all on you being a bitch but I knew that was a lie. I couldn’t let go. I couldn’t stop thinking about you and wanting you there with me. That was worse than anything.” That was all I needed to hear. My tears started flowing and I couldn’t stop them. “David I am SO sorry. I hate that I caused you so much pain. I never intended that. I was trying to save us from pain when the inevitable happened down the road.” I managed to say. “Who the hell gave you a damn crystal ball? Maybe we would have been deliriously happy for years and years.” he was getting mad again.

I wasn’t saying anything right. “David, you don’t understand. I knew what was going on in my head at the time and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like how it made me feel and I knew it could only be toxic for our relationship. It was going to get very ugly and I couldn’t stand to let that happen. I hardly knew how to handle myself let alone a boyfriend who was about to become famous.” I tried to make him understand that I thought I was doing the right thing. He stood there and stared, trying to make sense of all the emotions he was feeling. He looked down at the ground and then back at me.

“And now?” he asked. I closed my eyes. Now. How to put into words everything I felt about him now. “I’ve learned a lot about myself the past year. I’ve become more confident and self-assured. I’m really happy where I am as a person right now. I’m not the same girl who broke both of our hearts. But one thing I do have in common with her is that I love you. I have never stopped loving you. While we were apart I ached for you every night. I saw your face everywhere…” Tears were welling up in his eyes.

I decided to lay it all out on the table. He deserved the truth. “There was not a morning I didn’t wake up thinking of you or a night I didn’t go to sleep wishing you were next to me. I cried all alone in my room because I missed you and I didn't want to believe it was completely over between us. And now here you are… here we are. I don’t want to be without you and nothing else matters. I want you and I’m rea…“ All of a sudden David’s mouth was on mine and the world faded away. There was only the two of us again. He grabbed either side of my face to make sure I didn’t go anywhere as he kissed me with more passion than he ever had. I allowed myself to put my arms around his back and press myself against him. He groaned.

Our lips parted and we looked at each other. My God, I couldn't stop staring at his mouth.

David smiled. “Has anyone ever told you, you talk too much?!”. I laughed and said “Now would be a good time for you to shut the hell up.“. I kissed him hard and pulled him closer. Feeling him through his wet shirt and feeling his hands searching for me, sliding over my wet skin underneath my clothes was driving me crazy. I knew I wouldn’t be able to contain myself much longer. I caught my breath and whispered, “Let’s get out of here.”. We made our way back to the car and David sped all the way home. As soon as he parked the car, I jumped out and raced up the stairs with him chasing me the whole way. I fumbled for my keys, clumsily opened the door and hurried inside. I threw my things down and turned around to see David walking through the door. The look on his face sent me over the edge. His eyes were penetrating, almost animalistic. Damn it to hell, he looked beautiful.

I started towards him as he slammed the door behind him. I simultaneously jumped into his arms, threw one of my legs around his waist, and kissed him. He managed to carry me to the living room like that, our lips never ceasing to find each other. He laid me on the couch and knelt over me for a moment just staring. Both of us were breathing hard. “I fucking love you.” he said, his eyes wild with desire. “Then show me.” I replied and grabbed onto his belt loops. There was the guitar I had missed so much.

He played it as beautifully as ever and this time I really did cry. We were together again and it was everything I remembered and so much more.

ShockedShockedShocked *speechless*

Yahoo!WooHoo!!Yahoo!WooHoo!!Awww Love

first ... sorry about the post above ... I posted it when I was still freaking out about the S&S book deadline and etc ... sorry Smile

second ... I know that I am always saying that each chapter is awesome and I love it and I do but seriously ... from the bottom of my heart ... this is BY FAR the best ... the emotion ... the pics ... the storyline and the return of the guitar ... thank you wordynerdy - I can go to bed extremely content tonight!

Yay!!! Thank you so much! And I totally understand your freak out... I was right there with you! I almost called some friends IRL until I realized they wouldn't get why I was freaking out! I've been sitting here biting my nails all by myself! I hope you get the posts for the S&S book straightened out. Smile

I'm glad you liked the reunion. I totally had to make angry Dave come back. I so <3 him and I had a ton of mad pictures I've been dying to use! Angry Dave while driving is almost TMTH! LOL Very Happy

AAAHHHHH!! SQUUEEEEE! WordyNerdy, you are like THE best. Ever. Yeah. Haha. Now.. I only have one question; is this the end? pale

AAAHHHHH!! SQUUEEEEE! WordyNerdy, you are like THE best. Ever. Yeah. Haha. Now.. I only have one question; is this the end? pale

Shocked kathleen ... dont even think that ... lol ... i'm pretty sure WN has more up her sleeve ... Very Happy

Oh my gosh! Don't fret! I do have ideas for a few more stories so it's not the end for these two yet... although I did think about ending it here on a high note. I just couldn't though. There were too many good pics that continue the story. Smile

ok that was like the best chapter thing ever. i literally teared up because of all of the emotion. the way you write is awesome. thanks wordnerdy

that was SO worth the wait for mondave. Best chapter yet. The emotion was so real. I can't even describe how amazing that was. You're the best!

Thank YOU garpods and fixesfixed! I'm glad you thought it was worth the wait. It would have sucked to have the build up and then have everybody say scratch WTF was that?! LOL!

I actually don't think it's the way I write... I think it's the subject that's so amazing!! Smile It's good to have a muse!

Wow...speechless. That was completely worth the wait wordynerdy! Brought tears to my eyes. And you know what? The part about kissing in the rain and the intensity of which they came together made me think of The Notebook. Which I adore Heart Can't wait to see what's next!!

happy mondave! SO awesome wordynerdy! fabulous job, you really know how to make David seem even hotter than he already is Very Happy

OMG....wow wow wow! the emotion....i don't know what to say! i'm utterly speechless....THE best chapter thus far! wow....had me biting my nails, squeeling, heart started beating faster w/ reading what's commin up next....gahhh!

ClappingClappingClappingClappingClapping

Awesome! I'm smiling right now knowing that y'all like this last one so much. It's been hard keeping it to myself the past couple of months! Smile

I love the connection to The Notebook. That's actually what I was going for. Yay! That scene is hot. (God, I love that line "It wasn't over... it still isn't over!") And I must confess the inspiration for the kiss in the apartment came from this kiss from the MTV movie awards in 2004 (coincidentally for the Notebook):

- watch the whole thing. The first time I saw that I fell out of my chair. So... there's a visual for you. Just take out Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling and insert you and David Cook!! Smile *sigh*

About making David Cook seem hotter than he already is... I can only imagine what it's going to be like to see his first video. If it's anything like the images I have in my head that I've shared here I will fall over and die. Seriously!

Glad I got your heart racing wn4life83! Wink

HOLY CRAP! Perfect thing to come home to after a boring day at school. You should see my arm. Or maybe not. It's actually kinda scary.

Wordynerdy, that was complewtly flawless, and EPICCC! The reunion between those two was everything I thought it would be! And plus this was a great reward for finishing my stupid project today! Good to know that this isn't the end either! Wink Oh and btw, loved all the colorful language and details in this chapter!!! Razz

I love the Notebook and I also love that mtv movie award kiss!! excellent things to get inspiration from