Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

Guest Guest
I just wish that our camera battery hadn't died before he said it, so we could have captured the moment for all of you. It is so hard to describe how it was at that moment, and the fact that he said it without any reason beyond the fact that she said we were Word Nerds... I'm trying to convey the feeling of the moment here, and I'm afraid I'm failing miserably. It truly was such an awesome smile, and such a sincere voice when he said it, and all I could think at the moment was that I couldn't wait to get on here and share that with you.

I loved every minute of seeing him perform live, I loved every second of his talking to me, I'm thrilled to have his signature on my t-shirt... which I'm going to frame along with my ticket and the confetti streamer I snagged from the end of the show (yes, I'm a total teeny bopper again - fortunately my husband is ok with having a framed DC shirt hanging on our wall... the man is a saint,) but that "I LOVE the Word Nerds" moment will forever stand out in my mind. I am tearing up remembering it as well.

He's going to love the book. Seriously, there is no doubt it will be one of his favorite gifts. Because he does truly love and appreciate his Word Nerds, as anyone who was standing there when he said it would know.

Guest Guest
ShookByCook wrote:
Stacy-it looks great-just wondered how many pages did it end up being? Star

Thanks!

It is 548 pages. I formatted the sentiments lovincook gathered into individual boxed-in "letters" and left them in time-order. Then I went through every page and where I could, I added spaces between the sentiments to not split them up on 2 pages. Then on each page I spaced them all out with equal spacing in-between, or spacing equal to the margins... you know, obsessive-compulsive perfectionistic stuff.

Then at each point in the timeline where he had a performance, I left a blank page which I'm go to go into when I get the book and spray-mount a picture of that performance, with the lyric to that song that huntwork transcribed for the project, all designed-up and everything. For the performances we have a picture of him doing the signal after, I'm going to use that image.

Wow-simply amazing Stacy!! A one of a kind book for a one of a kind guy!!
I love OC perfectionist type people- I live with a lefthanded one! LOL Face

Guest Guest
Maybe this thread wasn't such a great idea....now we are all gonna cry.....

So the AI fan site was the FIRST....right? so he was checking there if anywhere cuz it was easy to find with it being AI and all....but he wasn't supposed to, right?

Stacy, I have noticed him doing that signal at the concert and it seems like he's doing it even more now.... and more heartfelt....like sometimes on the show, it would be like just a touch over the heart or something and it kind of looked like he just had a scratch...LOL...but at the concerts, it's definitely the "thump the heart" thing.....God, he's so sweet.... Talking about this now and then thinking about the two other things he's done at the concerts the last two times (I won't mention for spoilers) but...my god.....amazing human being.....in so many ways.....

Edited: Jeannie, I think you're conveying it very well...thank you....

Stacy and Jeannie ... thank you! I am so proud to be apart of this family - and you are reliving it for me ... thank you so much

Jeannie - you made me cry ... David actually loves us (i knew he did but you know now he has actually said it ... )

I feel like screaming!! lol

The most special time he gave us the Signal, IMO, was during Andrew Lloyd Weber week. A few days before that show, Analog Heart became the #1 most downloaded album on Amazon, and David Cook the #1 most downloaded artist. Then it mysteriously disappeared from Amazon.

As we all know, he sang "Music of the Night" that week. He gave us the Signal right after the song, looking straight into the camera, but he did the signal during the song as well... as he sings "the power of the music that I write."

Okay, I'm crying again... at work, darn you all, lol! Jeannie, I can so picture your scene with David - no video required.

Guest Guest
Oh, jeez, Stacy, now I have to go back and watch that.....

and Jeannie, someone else said he did a little sing song "I love the Word Nerds" when they met him but that was cuz they asked him....for you, he didn't have to say it...he chose to say it himself...gotta love that...and him....

ShookByCook wrote:

Thanks!

It is 548 pages. I formatted the sentiments lovincook gathered into individual boxed-in "letters" and left them in time-order. Then I went through every page and where I could, I added spaces between the sentiments to not split them up on 2 pages. Then on each page I spaced them all out with equal spacing in-between, or spacing equal to the margins... you know, obsessive-compulsive perfectionistic stuff.

Then at each point in the timeline where he had a performance, I left a blank page which I'm go to go into when I get the book and spray-mount a picture of that performance, with the lyric to that song that huntwork transcribed for the project, all designed-up and everything. For the performances we have a picture of him doing the signal after, I'm going to use that image.

Oh my gosh, Stacy. That is sounding so AWESOME!!! I wanna see it, but more than that, I can't wait to see his face when he receives it. That's going to be amazing. And, Lord help us all if he cries.

Speaking of the original S & S thread, does anyone have a link to it at the AI boards?

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
I just wish that our camera battery hadn't died before he said it, so we could have captured the moment for all of you. It is so hard to describe how it was at that moment, and the fact that he said it without any reason beyond the fact that she said we were Word Nerds... I'm trying to convey the feeling of the moment here, and I'm afraid I'm failing miserably. It truly was such an awesome smile, and such a sincere voice when he said it, and all I could think at the moment was that I couldn't wait to get on here and share that with you.

I loved every minute of seeing him perform live, I loved every second of his talking to me, I'm thrilled to have his signature on my t-shirt... which I'm going to frame along with my ticket and the confetti streamer I snagged from the end of the show (yes, I'm a total teeny bopper again - fortunately my husband is ok with having a framed DC shirt hanging on our wall... the man is a saint,) but that "I LOVE the Word Nerds" moment will forever stand out in my mind. I am tearing up remembering it as well.

He's going to love the book. Seriously, there is no doubt it will be one of his favorite gifts. Because he does truly love and appreciate his Word Nerds, as anyone who was standing there when he said it would know.

What a great moment for you to share with us. I like the idea of it not being caught on video as you know he meant it and was not looking to shout out to all of us like he already did before for Precosia (which too was so special!)!
Can this guy get any more "AMAZING"! Awww Love

Awww! Those pics bring back really happy memories! Remember how excited we were when he came out for "Dare You To Move" with that flower on his guitar?! I miss those days...I don't even go to the Idol boards anymore...

Jeannie, you described it beautifully! That will absolutely stay in my long-term memory, the "moment" I will never erase!!!

and DcsMyIdol, yes, I too remember that! DC's performances were aired 2 days later here in Indonesia, and as I watched the spoilers, I couldn't help but screamed along when everyone mentioned the flowers!!!

Someone said (I can't remember who) "aliens in outer space must have wondered what the hell was happening on earth at that moment b/c of the word nerds screaming at the same time from different locations of the world!!!" :lol!:

Guest Guest
@Gwen4791 wrote:
ShookByCook wrote:

Thanks!

Oh my gosh, Stacy. That is sounding so AWESOME!!! I wanna see it, but more than that, I can't wait to see his face when he receives it. That's going to be amazing. And, Lord help us all if he cries.

Speaking of the original S & S thread, does anyone have a link to it at the AI boards?

Here is the link Gwen!

http://www.americanidol.com/myidol/forums/topic/?tid=866282

Guest Guest
I've been reading this thread all morning and trying my very best not to cry at work, too. I'm so happy to be here with all of you! It really has been such an incredible journey. Even for those of us who showed up a little late to the party, this is such a welcoming family that I feel I've been here from the start.

The first gift I was involved with was the flowers. I remember sitting right here at my desk thinking, "are you really going to call some random flower shop in Los Angeles and buy a bouquet of flowers for a guy on a TV show? Are you? REALLY?" My boss got up and walked out for a meeting so I grabbed my credit card and the pink post-it with Michael's number on it and scurried to the closest Cone of Silence (we have rooms specially designed for conference calls and strangely that's what we call them...) I make sure to shut the door very tightly. I look around to make sure no one is coming. I look at the phone and then at the post-it. Phone. Post-it. I can feel my pulse increasing every second. Deep breath. I place the call. I buy a dozen orange tulips for someone I don't even know. I gather my post-it, credit card and sanity and scurry back to my office. I have a mild freak-out at my desk and decide definitely not to tell any of my co-workers what I just did.

The following Tuesday I had a softball game after work and had planned a little viewing/voting party at my office. I offered to buy dinner for anyone willing to show up and vote. My friend, Cat and I were returning from softball and I was checking mjs blog on my iPhone trying to find song spoilers and I remember gasping out loud when I read "Dare You To Move". Cat wondered what was up so I explained that he had definitely said his choice for the week was TWIK and he'd suddenly chosen something else. I immediately started feeling nauseous. Standing on the subway platform Cat could tell my mood had changed. She asked if I was okay and I confessed that I was *very* nervous about the show. She laughed at me, of course, but was understanding and encouraging. Then it all just came out. I told her about the group gift of flowers and how they were supposed to be delivered today before the show and how I had spent $50 on flowers for some guy I don't know and "oh god, I'm crazy." She laughed again but said something like, "awe that's sweet."

So we get back to the office, I order pizza and set up the TV in the conference room. There are about 8 of us there to vote. I'm feeling pretty nervous, but also proud of myself and excited to see Dave again. Of course you all know how the show went - he nailed the first song, totally beautiful. It was very strange to watch it in front of all my co-workers as they spent more time watching ME than watching the TV. They all were just dying to see my reactions to Dave and the judges and whatever. It was not my favorite experience, to say the least. But then it was time for Dave's 2nd song, the change-up. I think all us Word Nerds definitely reacted at the same time, though I'm sure in many different ways, when we saw that red rose. I think I mouthed OH MY GOD but no sound came out. After a second, I said "Cat. Do you see that?" She turns to me and gives me this LOOK I will never forget.. just like BIG EYES, omg!! Haha. I pulled my hood up over my head and died a million deaths.

When it was commercial break everyone was like "What? What about the flower? What's going on?" I couldn't even talk. I just pulled my hood over my eyes and smiled.

It was such a crazy, crazy thought that he did that, for us. But our flowers had DEFINITELY been delivered hours before. It was just all too clear to ignore. I think that day is when I knew I was in so deep there wasn't any way I would ever get out. And I was okay with that.

This maybe got a little long but it was fun to share. Reading this thread also has me kicking myself severely for never writing my own sentiment to Dave. I tried oh so many times and it always ended the same - deleted and me in tears. It was so hard for me to make sense of it all and to try and put it into words. I regret that my sentiment isn't in the book but I know so many of you lovely Word Nerds beautifully expressed all the things I have felt or will feel.

Thanks to everyone involved.. in.. well.. everything. I love you guys.

Jen

Aw, Jen, you should add your sentiment to the S&S thread we have going in this forum. We know he read the old S&S and we know his good friend Andy has visited this site, so it stands to reason that David has visited and reads the sentiments here as well.

Your story is so awesome. The flowers were so awesome. The flower in the guitar was so awesome. David Cook is so awesome. All the Word Nerds... so awesome.

Group Hug1

OK, so- I'm rather NEW by comparison to the "original" Word Nerds...but, I signed up for the AI Boards in April and the only thing I did initially was add DC as a friend. I've watched the show for 4 years...NEVER voted. I'd been watching since auditions this year and knew this guy from Missouri was gonna be BIG no matter what. He made me cry for NO REASON when he sang. He made me FEEL music again. I'd get on the AI Boards occasionally and find out what was in store for that evening or to peek at photos and stuff AFTER a show and honestly- I don't really know what made me go to the forums at all. I just remember being there one day- and going HOLY MOLY these people are nuts!!! Not in a bad way- just not MY way. A GOOD kind of nuts because, when I thought about it...it wasn't that they were NUTS- it was that they were DOING what DC made them FEEL. If you KNOW me- you know that this is a very foreign concept for me. I'm very strategic and controlled. Very pensive. Very structured and planned. I'm FAR from spontaneous and almost NEVER impulsive (except about FOOD! and my kid.) I started VOTING for DC after signing up on AI's forums and never looked back.

So, here I am- lurking around the AI boards and thinking that I've come across some very special people here. I'm reading posts about donating to different causes (which then disappear the next time I want to read them- grrrrr). I'm reading about people helping perfect strangers get to shows. I'm reading about people MEETING him at different events and how AWESOME and KIND he is in person. I'm reading about gifts being sent to DC and signals that he's given while on the show- and I'm trying to remember "did I SEE that??" (Cut to me rewinding performances and going "OMG- he REALLY did that!!!") I'm hearing about dog tags, flowers, jewelry and understanding that he's CONNECTED to these people. Immediately I'm like - I WANT IN!!!!!

This was about the time that the finale gift was being discussed. I had seen pics of the dog tags, the flowers, heard stories about Syesha's jaw dropping when the flower delivery was made. I had to be involved...somehow involved. But, I didn't want to just DONATE...I wanted to DO something. I wanted to DO what DC had made me FEEL.

I felt so fortunate to have come across such a unique group of people (at least unique in the sense that I'D NEVER seen anything like this) and I felt like it was such an honor to be included in a group that basically said- "It's from all of us- no matter if you contribute or NOT- no matter WHEN you signed up, no matter WHEN you became a Word Nerd- NO MATTER WHAT."

I started posting about having an idea for part of the gift- and got VERY few responses. I realized that it was late in the game and that it was VERY close to the deadline that was set for contributing- but, I just felt I had to be a part of this gift. So, I bumped my post. I posted again. I got pics of what I thought I wanted to do- a GIANT personalized fortune cookie (4"x4"). Still few responses. But, the responses I DID get were all positive. I pm'd Megan. I pm'd Sue. Both (gift gurus) said it would be fine to include but that it HAD to be there by Monday morning so that Michael could deliver it. It was Friday at NOON and I had to act or forget it. Do or Die if you will.

So, I thought- how do I feel about David? What has he given me every week? How about these PEOPLE that I've met because of him??? I don't really know what came over me except to say that the excitement- the BUZZ if you will that came from the people putting this gift together was just absolutely contagious. I emailed 7 different fortune cookie companies in 30 minutes and found one that would do the personalization IMMEDIATELY- put it in a box and have it delivered to Michael's shop on Saturday so that he wouldn't be "waiting" for deliveries. The $20 fortune cookie- turned into a $75 cookie with the rush delivery- but, I still say it was worth every penny! Even though I NEVER told my husband!!! (shhhhhhhhhh)

It said:

A Cookie for our Cookie- David Cook FTW
We see OUR next American Idol! Rock on- with LOVE,
The Word Nerds

I called Michael to tell him it was on it's way and to be looking for it. He was SOO sweet. He had such a cold that week but, he was just so excited and astounded at the outpouring that people were showing for David Cook. He said he'd look for it and he'd call me when it arrived. Cut to Monday afternoon (Delivery Day) and EVERYONE waiting for Megan to get off work so that we can have an update. I'd pm'd her for the picture I KNEW she'd receive from Michael of his/our hard work. Wink She sent me the pic. My phone rang and it was Michael telling me that our fortune cookie had arrived on time and that it was in the basket behind the dark box (the COOKIE Jar) that was on the ground in the picture. I was ecstatic. I ran around my house squealing...

From that day on- I have only missed TWO days of at least LOOKING at Word Nerd happenings. I went from controlled planner with NO extra time for friends and nonsense to crazed Fangirl in no time flat!!! I'm loving every minute of being a part of such a WONDERFUL, KIND, LOVING group of people.

I thank David Cook for MANY MANY MANY things these days!!! I'm PROUD to be a Word Nerd for countless reasons!

Thanks again Stacy, lovincook, huntwork (and thanks to Stacy for reminding me) owie15- all of you that put the Signals and Sentiments stuff together. It's another FANTASTIC contribution to David's journey. I know we are all thrilled to even get to be a part of it! Remember- it's from ALL OF US NO MATTER WHAT!!! Wink

PS...I went to the original thread after reading all the posts here so far and found my little addition to the book. First of all I was astounded to see it was STILL going and on page 97!!! Second, I found my post after a little digging and it made me *sniff* and *tear*. Oh what HE does to us!!!!

Thud_old

@ruby2466 wrote:
OK, so- I'm rather NEW by comparison to the "original" Word Nerds...but, I signed up for the AI Boards in April and the only thing I did initially was add DC as a friend. I've watched the show for 4 years...NEVER voted. I'd been watching since auditions this year and knew this guy from Missouri was gonna be BIG no matter what. He made me cry for NO REASON when he sang. He made me FEEL music again. I'd get on the AI Boards occasionally and find out what was in store for that evening or to peek at photos and stuff AFTER a show and honestly- I don't really know what made me go to the forums at all. I just remember being there one day- and going HOLY MOLY these people are nuts!!! Not in a bad way- just not MY way. A GOOD kind of nuts because, when I thought about it...it wasn't that they were NUTS- it was that they were DOING what DC made them FEEL. If you KNOW me- you know that this is a very foreign concept for me. I'm very strategic and controlled. Very pensive. Very structured and planned. I'm FAR from spontaneous and almost NEVER impulsive (except about FOOD! .) I started VOTING for DC after signing up on AI's forums and never looked back.

So, here I am- lurking around the AI boards and thinking that I've come across some very special people here. I'm reading posts about donating to different causes (which then disappear the next time I want to read them- grrrrr). I'm reading about people helping perfect strangers get to shows. I'm reading about people MEETING him at different events and how AWESOME and KIND he is in person. I'm reading about gifts being sent to DC and signals that he's given while on the show- and I'm trying to remember "did I SEE that??" (Cut to me rewinding performances and going "OMG- he REALLY did that!!!") I'm hearing about dog tags, flowers, jewelry and understanding that he's CONNECTED to these people. Immediately I'm like - I WANT IN!!!!!

This was about the time that the finale gift was being discussed. I had seen pics of the dog tags, the flowers, heard stories about Syesha's jaw dropping when the flower delivery was made. I had to be involved...somehow involved. But, I didn't want to just DONATE...I wanted to DO something. I wanted to DO what DC had made me FEEL.

I felt so fortunate to have come across such a unique group of people (at least unique in the sense that I'D NEVER seen anything like this) and I felt like it was such an honor to be included in a group that basically said- "It's from all of us- no matter if you contribute or NOT- no matter WHEN you signed up, no matter WHEN you became a Word Nerd- NO MATTER WHAT."

I started posting about having an idea for part of the gift- and got VERY few responses. I realized that it was late in the game and that it was VERY close to the deadline that was set for contributing- but, I just felt I had to be a part of this gift. So, I bumped my post. I posted again. I got pics of what I thought I wanted to do- a GIANT personalized fortune cookie (4"x4"). Still few responses. But, the responses I DID get were all positive. I pm'd Megan. I pm'd Sue. Both (gift gurus) said it would be fine to include but that it HAD to be there by Monday morning so that Michael could deliver it. It was Friday at NOON and I had to act or forget it. Do or Die if you will.

So, I thought- how do I feel about David? What has he given me every week? How about these PEOPLE that I've met because of him??? I don't really know what came over me except to say that the excitement- the BUZZ if you will that came from the people putting this gift together was just absolutely contagious. I emailed 7 different fortune cookie companies in 30 minutes and found one that would do the personalization IMMEDIATELY- put it in a box and have it delivered to Michael's shop on Saturday so that he wouldn't be "waiting" for deliveries. The $20 fortune cookie- turned into a $75 cookie with the rush delivery- but, I still say it was worth every penny! Even though I NEVER told my husband!!! (shhhhhhhhhh)

It said:

A Cookie for our Cookie- David Cook FTW
We see OUR next American Idol! Rock on- with LOVE,
The Word Nerds

I called Michael to tell him it was on it's way and to be looking for it. He was SOO sweet. He had such a cold that week but, he was just so excited and astounded at the outpouring that people were showing for David Cook. He said he'd look for it and he'd call me when it arrived. Cut to Monday afternoon (Delivery Day) and EVERYONE waiting for Megan to get off work so that we can have an update. I'd pm'd her for the picture I KNEW she'd receive from Michael of his/our hard work. Wink She sent me the pic. My phone rang and it was Michael telling me that our fortune cookie had arrived on time and that it was in the basket behind the dark box (the COOKIE Jar) that was on the ground in the picture. I was ecstatic. I ran around my house squealing...

From that day on- I have only missed TWO days of at least LOOKING at Word Nerd happenings. I went from controlled planner with NO extra time for friends and nonsense to crazed Fangirl in no time flat!!! I'm loving every minute of being a part of such a WONDERFUL, KIND, LOVING group of people.

I thank David Cook for MANY MANY MANY things these days!!! I'm PROUD to be a Word Nerd for countless reasons!

Thanks again Stacy, lovincook, huntwork- all of you that put the Signals and Sentiments stuff together. It's another FANTASTIC contribution to David's journey. I know we are all thrilled to even get to be a part of it! Remember- it's from ALL OF US NO MATTER WHAT!!! Wink

PS...I went to the original thread after reading all the posts here so far and found my little addition to the book. First of all I was astounded to see it was STILL going and on page 97!!! Second, I found my post after a little digging and it made me *sniff* and *tear*. Oh what HE does to us!!!!

Thud_old

*bawling now* seriously.

ruby, I really wish that were in David's book. I hope you copy it into the S&S thread, or make it into a letter to him and put it in there.

Oh, and let's not forget owie15's hard work collecting all the information about the Word Nerds for the book too!

The Word Nerds are the most amazing group of people. And as I said a week or 2 ago in the S&S thread on this forum, I found myself often remarking in wonderment: how can it be that a bunch of total strangers 5 months ago decide that they love this guys music and then magically become this amazing community practically overnight? And the answer is simple - it's David Cook. We all take after the King of the Word Nerds in a way. He inspires us, he reminds us that we are all "Innocent" and "Dares Us to Move"... and that the amazing people who joined did so is a testament to him, who started it all.

And he loves all his Word Nerds no matter when they started participating. And people who are still waiting for the right moment to participate in some way, it's never too late.
Group Hug2

Quote :
how can it be that a bunch of total strangers 5 months ago decide that they love this guys music and then magically become this amazing community practically overnight? And the answer is simple - it's David Cook.

Yes,Stacy,answer is pretty simple.He really inspires us.I really love you guys,now you are my friends,my family,my support,and my shoulder for crying.Even you are on the other side of the world,you mean really a lot for me.

Hey guys.. Smile I remmeber how much I was freaking out about the flowers we sent him. I sent him blue irises, and then I saw those pictures of him outside with his family holding blue irises, and I died.

What happened when he received the Signal and Sentiment book? I missed that story. Haven't been here in a while.

I MISSED HIM IN A PIC OF PART OF OUR GROUP GIFT ?????? WHERE WAS THIS PIC DAWTREE....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IT IS !!!

@ananda wrote:
Quote :
how can it be that a bunch of total strangers 5 months ago decide that they love this guys music and then magically become this amazing community practically overnight? And the answer is simple - it's David Cook.

Yes,Stacy,answer is pretty simple.He really inspires us.I really love you guys,now you are my friends,my family,my support,and my shoulder for crying.Even you are on the other side of the world,you mean really a lot for me.

I couldnt agree more. I feel like even though we are all strangers, we are all connected through David. He pulled us together, and because of him we found great friends, great support, hilarious comments. We found somebody to talk to here. I guess its just a few more things we can thank Mr.Cook for (:

Quote :
I called Michael to tell him it was on it's way and to be looking for it. He was SOO sweet. He had such a cold that week but, he was just so excited and astounded at the outpouring that people were showing for David Cook. He said he'd look for it and he'd call me when it arrived. Cut to Monday afternoon (Delivery Day) and EVERYONE waiting for Megan to get off work so that we can have an update. I'd pm'd her for the picture I KNEW she'd receive from Michael of his/our hard work. She sent me the pic. My phone rang and it was Michael telling me that our fortune cookie had arrived on time and that it was in the basket behind the dark box (the COOKIE Jar) that was on the ground in the picture. I was ecstatic. I ran around my house squealing...

Oh Jesus........I can't believe we are digging this all up....it is making me cry so hard !!! I remember when I would come home from work and the boards were blowing up with "where is DCcrazy" and "any news yet ?" lol good times....ok my next post will be about the dog tags,balloons and cookies, guitar pic drive, flowers, and gift baskets...call me the Gifting Guru if you will lol

DOG TAGS.....
This was right after the dreadheads had sent Jason that amazing guitar strap and I was thinking "why the hell aren't we doing this for David ?" So I posted a thread about a group gift for David "which the mods promptly poofed" anyway after we started another thread not asking for donations justforme came forward and suggested dog tags with engraving and we all loved it. I cam up with 2 sayings and we voted and the winner was FOREVER OUR IDOL ROCK ON WITH LOVE THE WORD NERDS. Justforme ordered them and had them shipped to David, paying out of her own pocket for them....the next week, which was Neil Diamond week, we see these dog tags glistening from under his black jacket and it was the word nerd squeal heard round the world and every week after we looked for them and every week they were there. We even found proof in a blown up picture that they were ours......

see balloon, cookie, and guitar pic story in next post............

ok so the next week or 2 later the dreads had sent a bunch of balloons to Jason because he was sick we are talking a CRAP TON of balloons and we were tight with the dreads and since David and Jason were roomies, we thought how funny would it be to send a bunch more balloons since Jason's are probably deflating at this point, so we did a MASS pm telling people to donate to my paypal account for balloons and cookies to be sent to David, we ended up with about 500.00, so we ordered 6 DOZEN balloons and 2 dozen cookies and the balloons were spotted in a behind the scenes Coke picture, but we obviously never saw them on stage of course I guess he could have walked out with a balloon and cookie, but that was a little unrealistic lol, so ....

I don't have a pic of the balloons, but here is a sample of the cookies....

we also did a guitar pic drive where all of us sent David a letter with guitar pics enclosed at the last figure he had received around 1000 of them and the funniest part of it all was, Stacy pm'd me after the drive was going strong saying that her, Gina, and Becsy had gotten together and gotten David some personalized pics to the tune of like 300 (correct me if I am wrong on the amount Stacy) so he ended up with about 1300 plus guitar pics, which I think is HILARIOUS !!!! And lo and behold....in the next weeks picture there was a sign that he had gotten them we had a close up of the dog tags, which I thought I had saved, but evidently not, and he had put a hole in a guitar pic and was wearing it with his dog tags...if anyone can find this pic, please paste it here Smile

the AMAZING flower story up next ..........

ok....so top 3 week, I was thinking what can we do to top 6 dozen balloons and I had remembered dawtree had said something about flowers. So I went on the hunt for an amazing florist that would accomodate our insanity. Originally the minimum order price was 45.00 with 15.00 shipping...Michael the amazing man he is dropped it to 15.00 and no delivery fee. The mods left this one alone, so it blew up HUGE !! He ended up with over 60 different orders for David bouquets to be delivered to THE STUDIO, which he got to deliver DIRECTLY TO THE DRESSING ROOM. David wasn't in there, but Syesha was and all she could say was "OMG" she even mentioned it on Larry King Live. So anyway, we told David to give a bouquet to his momma for mother's day...we figured he had a few to spare lol. So Michael was fab about sending me pics of the finished product, so here it is in all it's glory...................

lo and behold later that evening we are watching the performances and this was known as the 2nd word nerd squeal heard round the world...this was during "Dare you to Move"
You'll see what we mean about the signal as well as the flower here in a moment.........

last and not least the finale gift story coming up............

Wow. I came to the Idol boards for the first time, the day of the "Dare You To Move" performance. I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but from point, I knew I wanted to be included! (:

ok so finale week....I thought we REALLY outdone ourselves on this one, what the hell are we gonna do ???? Then a thought...it started out as a champagne basket and blew up out of control...after many poofs and a mass pm party we were calling Michael and charging our credit cards for whatever we could give towards this, we ended up with OVER 900 DOLLARS !!!! So then I was like what the hell are we gonna do with 900 dollars ??? Well Michael never ever disappoints. David had one basket of high end stuf..Dom Perignon, champage flutes, high end chocolates, caviar and some flowers. Then we got him tons of peoples favorite junk food....cookies, chips, pretzels, candy, whatever you can think of. We got him Cosmo and the TV guide he was on the cover of at the time...6 pack of Heineken, shot glasses, and all the ingredients to make his "surfer on acid" jagermeister, razmatazz, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. There was the "cookie jar" that a nerd put together a bunch of messages for David and put it into a little box and overnight shipped it, the fortune cookie ruby was telling you about, a shark tooth necklace that a nerd received from her now DECEASED mother that she shipped, and a stomp box another person had delivered to Michael. We also sent Archie a small bouquet of flowers, which later we were told he was allergic to...OOPS !!! This was the gift David was talking about on TRL and when he said he got girly calendars we were like "WHHHAAATT" We found out later that a word nerd had asked for some unconventional things lol.

so here are all the pics...the quality is not that great on the zoomed ones, but I am the GIFTING guru..NOT the photo guru....garpods is the one for that lol. Also it took 2 MEN TO CARRY EACH BASKET, THAT IS HOW FULL THEY WERE.

ALL THE BASKETS....

ARCHIE'S FLOWERS

ALL THE OTHERS CRAMMED FULL

THE COOKIE JAR

Hope those of you that weren't there feel like you are now..... Smile
Man those were the days

ruby...you were "captivated" on AI weren't you ????

OK I'm crying now too.

For the longest time, I was a shy lurker on the periphery of David Cook's Word Nerd World. Oh, I rather quickly became enamored with all that is David based on all that David is. The music, the heart, the kindness, the beauty... we all know!

My involvement in this wonderful community has been rather gradual. Oh, I think my family and friends thought I had gone off the deep end, particularly during my Cook campaign over the last month of Idol (baking cookies for colleagues every Tuesday; buying that Go phone; reminding loved ones that they must vote, vote, vote and vote more!, etc.). After all, I had never "made friends" or participated in an on-line forum. Over a reality show contestant nonetheless!

Well, I believe that no individual has ever been more deserving of success, support, and love than our King Word Nerd. And no group of people could be more welcoming and special than all of you.

Thank you for having me here
(hugs)
Chrissie

Guest Guest

WOW!!!Huge thanks to lovincook, realiTV, jodie and all the people involved in this amazing project which has now become a reality!!! I can see me there Very Happy

The book looks just awesome and will surely be something David will treasure for life!

Blow Kisses

Guest Guest
@redsoxmom wrote:
OK I'm crying now too.

For the longest time, I was a shy lurker on the periphery of David Cook's Word Nerd World. Oh, I rather quickly became enamored with all that is David based on all that David is. The music, the heart, the kindness, the beauty... we all know!

My involvement in this wonderful community has been rather gradual. Oh, I think my family and friends thought I had gone off the deep end, particularly during my Cook campaign over the last month of Idol (baking cookies for colleagues every Tuesday; buying that Go phone; reminding loved ones that they must vote, vote, vote and vote more!, etc.). After all, I had never "made friends" or participated in an on-line forum. Over a reality show contestant nonetheless!

Well, I believe that no individual has ever been more deserving of success, support, and love than our King Word Nerd. And no group of people could be more welcoming and special than all of you.

Thank you for having me here
(hugs)
Chrissie

Awww Chrissie Awww Love I know exactly how you feel! I'm so so glad you de-lurked and joined our community! Because being a Word Nerd is much more than being a David Cook fan Very Happy There's a special bond between us that hopefully will continue to grow and develop in years to come Smile

im thinking about sending him ,when he is on his solo tour and i might actually get a credit card, a handcuff necklace that has a key on it and attached to the necklace a note that says u have the key to my heart.

@DCcrazy wrote:
ruby...you were "captivated" on AI weren't you ????

No ma'am. I was "ruby2466" there as well. It's my standard. I'm ruby2466 EVERYWHERE. Wink

LOL..that's right captivated was the cookie jar...I wonder what ever happened to her ????

made wrote:
WOW!!!Huge thanks to lovincook, realiTV, jodie and all the people involved in this amazing project which has now become a reality!!! I can see me there Very Happy

The book looks just awesome and will surely be something David will treasure for life!

Blow Kisses

Aw, Made, I could never thank you enough for encouraging me to start my active involvement in the emerging Word Nerd community way back when. We wouldn't be where we are without you, and my life would be so much less rich had I not gotten so insanely invested in this whole thing.
Hug

And I never tire of hearing people's stories of what nudged them into breaking out of their shells and joining in the community, the word nerd herd. Maybe someone will come out tonight, it's never too late...

I feel like Crying Girl! DCCrazy, thanks so much for starting this thread. I love the Word Nerd Story. Everyone can remember when they fell in love with David and wanted to be a part of the growing phenomenon of people across the country and internationally that are the Word Nerds.

Thank you to all of the Original Word Nerds for your originality, creativity, humor, and spirit in bringing together this indescribable friendship to share our love for this beautifully talented man.

The book is is just perfect!

I miss those old days sometimes Very Sad Me getting banned at least once a week and making a new name just to bitch about the AI mods rofl

Ahhhh, those were the days! Very Happy

ohhh I forgot to mention when I was uber wasted on performance nights, voting my butt off and every thread I would see......

Tainda *streaks through thread*

I was like WTF HOW DRUNK AM I ??????

lol Megan. I'm rubbing my eyes now because I can't believe Tainda just came in to say hi... and wasn't nekkid!

Guest Guest
Cover looks beautiful, Stacy!!!

I have so many memories!! Only, I can't remember when I started posting!! I just sorta jumped in.

I remember just feeling opened up. Then, gradually as I got to know people, I found myself again. Hubby's still having issues of computer time (yikes!)

I have always said that David opened the door to all the possibilites that are.

He'll never know me, (unless he scratches his butt and finds me) but through him, my life has been changed forever. Through the Nerds, my life has improved for the better.

@DCcrazy wrote:
ohhh I forgot to mention when I was uber wasted on performance nights, voting my butt off and every thread I would see......

Tainda *streaks through thread*

I was like WTF HOW DRUNK AM I ??????

Hahahaha! That was so much fun rofl

Stacy: Who says I'm NOT naked right now Wink

LOL STACY AND TAINDA......AND HUNT ARE YOU EVER GOING TO COME OUT OF HIS ASS ??? I MEAN THEY MAKE TWEEZERS AND SALVE FOR A REASON

Guest Guest
@DCcrazy wrote:
LOL STACY AND TAINDA......AND HUNT ARE YOU EVER GOING TO COME OUT OF HIS ASS ??? I MEAN THEY MAKE TWEEZERS AND SALVE FOR A REASON

Repeating to self: I am a mod, I am a mod, I am a mod..................(Not on your LIFE!!)

Tainda, thanks for making me spit Diet Coke all over my screen!

I remember EXACTLY when I became involved here. I wasn't shy about being here, ever, lol. David Cook had me at "Hello." I had never voted that early in the show or committed to a favorite anywhere near that early, or voted the full 2 hours in all the previous 6 seasons. I had made an account the year before but only posted like 20 times 'cause I wasn't that into it. But as soon as my cramping hands put the phone down that night, I came straight over to the AI boards - I just HAD to find people to talk to about how amazing David Cook is. Ten days later, I was running the fanlisting, lol. Yeah, DC inspired me and I don't do anything half-assed.

Here's the cover again:

huntwork wrote:
@DCcrazy wrote:

Repeating to self: I am a mod, I am a mod, I am a mod..................(Not on your LIFE!!)

LMAO!

oh, wait: new emoticon, Becca ROCKS!: ROFLOL

I remember EXACTLY when I became involved here. I wasn't shy about being here, ever, lol. David Cook had me at "Hello." I had never voted that early in the show or committed to a favorite anywhere near that early, or voted the full 2 hours in all the previous 6 seasons. I had made an account the year before but only posted like 20 times 'cause I wasn't that into it. But as soon as my cramping hands put the phone down that night, I came straight over to the AI boards - I just HAD to find people to talk to about how amazing David Cook is. Ten days later, I was running the fanlisting, lol. Yeah, DC inspired me and I don't do anything half-assed.

Here's the cover again:

cheers I've loved to see my picture in the cover !!!
I've almost lost this chance ! Thanks once more my dear !!!
Yahoo!

You know it's one of my favorite things to do!! Very Happy

Word Nerds rock! Yay. The book cover is very nice. Thanks, Stacey! I remember the day I watched the show for the first time in my life. I watched it because a friend of mine was crazy about archie and so I got curious. and wanted to check out archie. Well, I did check out archie but there was something that was so unexpectedly epic-----It was the Billie Jean week. At any rate, I have not looked back ever since.

Guest Guest
Here is what the collage says to me: A tapestry of humanity linked together by a magic rainbow.

Oh, Oh, storytelling, my favorite. If I may indulge myself.....

In my previous life I spent all day reading a board devoted to Disney World and Disney fans. On the Off-Topic board there was an AI thread. I kept up with it because this was the first year I was watching. Never posted on it, just read, cause I don't post on message boards.

As my intrest grew to obsession, I decided to check out the AI board, just to see what was shaking. This was right after MOTN, which I think was the first time the dogtags showed up. Everyone was going nuts about that. I was like, wow, these girls have got it bad. JUST LIKE ME. It was just so, um, affirming, to see that while yes, I probably had gone off the deep end at least I had lots and lots of company. I lurked for awhile until a thread asking for lurkers to post was made. I thought, well, what the heck. And that was the beginning of the end.

And it still feels good to know that I don't have to wonder if you guys are feeling the same thing I do when you hear his songs, or watch his performances. Because I know you are. I believe it was decided we all share a collective Word Nerd brain!!

And by the way (looks at post count) I do post on message boards now. LOL

Guest Guest
Thanks everyone for sharing your stories....some of this I knew and some of it is new....

So the Signal and Sentiments stuff started around Day Tripper week and the first gift was around week 6--the dog tags were the first gift to him? I thought there was something about "meat" for a gift, no??

Edited to add: wow, yoko, that was kind of serious...LOL...don't see that often from you!! he he

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.