Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

garpods! damn you! you have the same avi that Jody does now! I can't concentrate around that avi! It's too distracting! That kiss! David looking straight at me and flirting with me... over and over and over!

*runs screaming from the room*

*slinks back into the room to watch the avi again*
Gah! I remember when he did that - it was one of the possible signals we asked him for when we were asking for a million of them. Too bad you can't see the white belt in the avi!

And thank you for your story - it didn't feel long at all - it was really touching. It's stories like that that make me proud to be a Word Nerd, to count myself one of this amazing group of people flowering under the sunlight that is David Cook.

*runs away again before the avi can mesmerize her again*

lol i will let jodie have that avi. i will change mine because i found so many gifs that i posted in my picture thread. i have plenty to choose from. thats like my third or fourth different avi. before that one i had the tv guide photo shoot one so maybe i will go back to that.

lol garpods - I wasn't saying you shouldn't have that one - I was saying I love it a little too much!

The chest bump and general David & MJ funniness of your hew one is awesome too!

Guest Guest
Oh, I love this new one, garpods..... "Did I jump negative?" I never quite understood that, tho.....hmmmm....

lol i knew you didnt suggest that but i like to have one noone else has and i am all about sharing so thats why i chose to change mine. plus we can have more DC awesomeness!!!

Awwwww I love this thread.... I miss those good old days.... not so old days...haha. It's just nice to recall it.

yeah i miss the old days but i love the new days and cant wait for the future days

Guest Guest
That's a good way of putting it, garpods. Just think, six months from now we'll all be here reminiscing as we share stories about when the Idol Tour was going on.

oh yes we will. this is going to be a neverending forum. i love this forum. its like my second home. i love talking about the good old times sometimes. after the idol concert we are going to be waiting for his solo tour and then we will be talking about that. we have a lot of future to talk about!!!

Awww...past, present and future...all about DC...I am ok with that Very Happy :LoveCookies:

Yeah, in 6 months we'll be like, "remember when we didn't even have DC's first post-Idol album? Remember when we were dying for the AI tour to come to town and that was for only 5 songs from him!

I find Word Nerd love being shared on here every single day that warms my heart. Which is why we all keep coming back.

yeah thats definitely why i keep coming back. i never in a million years would have thought i would spend money on some guy i dont even know or other wordnerds i dont really know besides for on here let alone even being on here.

Guest Guest
Well, crap, guys.....now I'm gonna cry....again......

he he

Guest Guest
God, now you HAD to change your avi to crying, didn't you???!! That's a happy cry, tho....so I feel better now..... Happy Crying David! Ahhh...better.... thanks....

I just have to say...imagining us all here months and years from now still feeling this same way and supporting this same wonderful person (and each other) is just.....well, mindboggling, to say the least..... that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....and like crying...... I'm feeling kind of mushy these days.... but it's all good..... LOL

kcbban wrote:
God, now you HAD to change your avi to crying, didn't you???!! That's a happy cry, tho....so I feel better now..... Happy Crying David! Ahhh...better.... thanks....

I just have to say...imagining us all here months and years from now still feeling this same way and supporting this same wonderful person (and each other) is just.....well, mindboggling, to say the least..... that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....and like crying...... I'm feeling kind of mushy these days.... but it's all good..... LOL

I don't think there's a human on earth who could read this thread and not cry. Crap - I cry almost every day now, for real, ever since all this started. And I love it!

I started my entry in the What It Means To Be A "Word Nerd" And How I Came To Be One thread and never finished it. Now I really want to take the time to go back and do that. If I can see through my tears enough to type, lol.

P.S. Again, damn you and your ever-changing awesomely distracting avis, garpods! lol
Awww Love

Well,I hope this forum will last for a long,long time,and as you said

Quote :
i never in a million years would have thought i would spend money on some guy i dont even know or other wordnerds i dont really know besides for on here let alone even being on here.

I agree with that,but look now where I am.I can´t tell you how happy I am now,David is 1st reason,of course,and because of him I "met" you all,you are really wonderful people! Group Hug1
I will remember these 3 months (only 3 for me Very Sad) forever,and many other months what are coming...and I´m waiting David to come Wink

Ananda, soon, when David tours Europe and he has thousands and thousands of fans there, we will remember how there was just a small bunch of us in the European thread and how we were thinking of any way we could to get him to come to Europe. This day is not so far Wink

concert yesterday was amazing. david didnt come out in the afternoon before the show though but i did get his autograph and a couple pics and some pics i didnt think my camera took cause i thought it was dead and there was no flash but it did too bad the spotlights were in the pic so it covered his face. i really want to go to another one.

OMG this thread is amazing. I remember all those great times and this trip down memory lane is making me get all teary eyed.
Stacey the book sounds amazing and the cover is absolutely fabulous! Thank you so so much for including me. If I came back from vacation and would have found out that I missed out on the cover I would have been so sad Very Sad lol But you are the best and I cant thank you enough for doing this!!

COACH FRANK LIVES!!!!

@Salome73 wrote:
Ananda, soon, when David tours Europe and he has thousands and thousands of fans there, we will remember how there was just a small bunch of us in the European thread and how we were thinking of any way we could to get him to come to Europe. This day is not so far Wink

Emma,I really believe in that Wink

i am going to another concert so i get to have that as another memory and i got even better seats this time and i am so excited and cant wait. now starts another long period of waiting to see cook again.

OMG this thread is amazing. I remember all those great times and this trip down memory lane is making me get all teary eyed.
Stacey the book sounds amazing and the cover is absolutely fabulous! Thank you so so much for including me. If I came back from vacation and would have found out that I missed out on the cover I would have been so sad Very Sad lol But you are the best and I cant thank you enough for doing this!!

COACH FRANK LIVES!!!!

Thank you for the compliment and you're very welcome for sneaking you in there!

Coach Frank! omg - you made me lol so loud that my co-workers all stopped what they were doing and stared at me like green antennae had just sprouted from my head! Coach Frank - Am I the only one who has since wondered if there really is a Coach Frank? Or if it was some of David's friends just trying to mess with us? Of even if David and his roomies were sitting by a computer laughing their asses off at us, and Coach Frank was really MJ trying to see what happened if we realized we were being observed by an outsider? If so, we utterly failed that test! We all pretended we didn't see him for like a page, then someone was like, "did anyone notice that?" And we were all, "yeah that was weird," and went right back to carrying on with our merry escapade.

omg - you totally have to ask David at your tour stop, "Did you ever call Coach Frank?" ROFLOL

garpods - I'm so happy for you to get to go to another show!

Coach Frank visited us in a thread we were acting a little crazy in waaaaaaaaaaay back on March 10th: Thread O' Crazy Word Nerd Fun, starring Coach Frank

You know, I think that was the first time I got "naughty" on the forum. I'm re-reading it and tears are steaming down my face I'm laughing so hard. If Coach Frank is for real, he's totally a dirty old man reading that thread!

Guest Guest
LOL, that was a good read! Thanks for sharing (and for explaining who Coach Frank was.)

Oh my god, LOL. Hilarious thread. The AI mods must have freaked out. Laughing

Ahh such good times. It was nice going back and rereading that thread HAHA I was cracking up so hard lol tears are literally streaming down my face

that coach frank thread was hilarious and i am a little sad i missed it.

*sniff*

Gonna miss all my Word Nerd buddies for two weeks!

See you guys on the flip side!!

Hugs!

Group Hug1

@garpods22 wrote:

But you are here for the iPod thread which is awesome, IMHO.

Hmmmm.....guess you had to be there....but Stacy, you are a bad girl! haha

Who, me? We are ALL Innocent

Guest Guest
Okay, GSCookie just posted in another thread ("Avatars" thread by Piper) that you all changed your avatars for the final?? That's cute...Details please.....

@garpods22 wrote:

But you are here for the iPod thread which is awesome, IMHO.

Hmmmm.....guess you had to be there....but Stacy, you are a bad girl! haha

Who, me? We are ALL Innocent
you are right i am here for the ipod thread. yay for me!!

ok so I hadn't meandered into the iPod thread yet and so I go over there today cos you guys are talking about it and I am curious....Jesus, Stace....you couldn't even get off the first page before you turned it into naughtiness! Between you and Jody......you guys are mods??

ROFLOL

ok so I hadn't meandered into the iPod thread yet and so I go over there today cos you guys are talking about it and I am curious....Jesus, Stace....you couldn't even get off the first page before you turned it into naughtiness! Between you and Jody......you guys are mods??

ROFLOL

It's all lovincook's fault, I swear! We are ALL Innocent

OMG I'm so excited! The Signal & Sentiments book just got delivered to my parents' house! A day early! Yay! This means I can go there and add the finishing touches tonight, and then I'll have 3 chances to meet him at the buses to give it to him (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday).

Yahoo!

OMG,Stacy I'm so excited,too!!!Woo hoo cheers
I won't be here,but I'll cross my fingers for you!!!
Have fun Hug

Guest Guest
We'll all be waiting to hear about his reaction!

I love the book and you did a fantastic job with it, Stacy. He's going to love it!

OMG I'm so excited! The Signal & Sentiments book just got delivered to my parents' house! A day early! Yay! This means I can go there and add the finishing touches tonight, and then I'll have 3 chances to meet him at the buses to give it to him (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday).

Yahoo!

Stacy !!!!
I will praying here in Brazil for this meeting !!!! Blow Kisses
Please take a lot of pics to show us this amazing moment of your (and ours too) life !!!
The Wave

Guest Guest

Hey everybody!!! I was so busy these last days I totally missed this thread!!! And now is 8 pages long and I'm reading backwards and in the middle and... well, trying to catch up with everything everybody told Very Happy

Oh, those were the times... I get a little melancholic remembering all the things we did while we still were at the AI Boards ***sniff***

The Signal & Sentiments - Stacy and Monica and all the other people who got a hand in the book project ***hugs*** Great idea and one gift I'm sure David will treasure for life Awww Love Stacy, the best of luck when you give it to him (dies to be there with you!!!)! What a great moment it will be!!! And please, please, post all the pics and vids as soon as you're back Hug

Ah, I have one of the last signals he gave us, sorry if someone posted it already, but we asked him to mix the word "plethora" in a sentence during an interview. He did!!! and I made a little graphic with it.

The Number Fanlisting - Back at auditions time, we were all hanging in a common folder at AI until the top 24 were announced or the top 12? I cannot remember. But then individual folders were created for each contestant. I new GuitarIdol was already giving numbers but when David's folder was created she was very busy with "real life stuff" (what's that ?!?! LOL) so I asked her if she didn't mind if somebody else kept it. She said she would appreciate it so Stacy and I went on a mission to transport all the numbers to what was afterwards called "The New & Improved Fanlisting" Wink Stacy, the "number giving fairy" as I call her, has kept it ever since Awww Love

The Word Nerd Title: Another great idea that was enthusiastically embraced by all of us, kept to this date by Jodie76.

And all the gifts... the dog tags, the flowers, the baskets... And all the pic threads that went poof suddenly, and the naughty threads that "ditto" and the pre-show parties we threw, and, and...

Until the time came when David was so close to winning that we opened a very hu sh hush forum to maximize the Word Nerds voting power and taking him to win.YEAY!!!! and we did! Which is this same forum we have revamped as the "Home of the Word Nerds" Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

All this started for me back on January 29th. when the Omaha auditions were aired! It seems incredible that 6 months have gone by already!

Group Hug2

Hi, Made, glad you found this thread! (((made)))

6 months - wow! I can't believe 6 months have gone by!

Someone asked earlier about us matching our avis on AI. I don't think I did all of them but a partial list of avis we all adopted at certain times:

After "Innocent", we all changed our avis to David showing the "give back" on his hand. After his homecoming visit, we all went with one of him on the pitching mound and the Royals game, with the most amazing smile. After he put the flower in his Les Paul for "Dare You to Move" we used the flowered guitar. I'm sure there were a bunch of others - who else remembers?

Guest Guest

(((Stacy))) sent you an email. Did you get it?

Regarding matching avis these are some of the ones I remember:

I think we used the flower, the dogtags, the homecoming at the baseball game, the "Analog Heart" album cover when they took it off Amazon and the give back hand. Hmmmm... any more?

Guest Guest
I asked about the avis....thanks, guys,..... that's so cool....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.