Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mom2ced

*stain removal advise please*

Holy shit!! I just dropped the little bin that I keep my nail polish in.....on the carpet!
One bottle broke and I now have nail polish on the carpet! Shocked
Of course it was my favorite color....and of course it had to be a $7 bottle of OPI....it couldn't be a $2 bottle of Wet-n-Wild!! Rolling Eyes

So anyway.......
Any advise on how to get this out of the carpet??
Or am I SCREWED!!! Mad

Thanx

Of course it had to be the OPI! Lol. That's my favorite nail polish brand.

I actually read this once online... This girl spilled her black OPI nail polish on her boyfriend's white carpet. She used a combination of things to remove the stain, including hair spray. It actually got the stain out and wasn't visible at all. Unfortunately, I don't remember what else she used. But I can try and find it.

Oh thank you so much!!!

Hairspray seems to be mentioned MANY times on that site!!
And I didn't even think about "goof-off" or "Oxi-clean" ....duh!!!

Some good news.....upon closer inspection, it was not OPI!!! yay

It really is a mess though.....really dug down deep into the carpet and hundreds of pieces of glass.....uhg!

Thanx again Very Happy

Ugh! That sucks! And that's good that no OPI was spilled! Lol.

Good luck getting the stain out! I didn't think about Oxi Clean either. That stuff works pretty well too.

I used to use a cleaner called Sol-u-mel for stuff like that and it worked most of the time. I doubt if you have it since it is made by Melaleuca.

Otherwise, I would go to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask. They have a lot of good cleaners at those stores.

I used to know someone that sold Melaleuca...not anymore though.

HA HA! My 4 year old went into the room where the "incident" occured and said "I didn't do that!" Heart

@mom2ced wrote:
HA HA! My 4 year old went into the room where the "incident" occured and said "I didn't do that!" Heart

Hahaha! Aww.

Update:
Oxi-clean and hairspray didn't do a thing! Mad
Waiting to see what the polish remover does to a "test" area before I try that.

I would think the polish remover would take the color out. But I don't know...
I would have thought something like Oxi Clean would work. I guess not. I thought the hairspray was was odd. The thing I read about hairspray before, that girl just combined all sorts of stuff with it in a desperate attempt to remove the stain.

You should try a stain removing spray called TUFF STUFF. You actually can get it in the auto parts store. It works so well, it got wall paint off my tan carpet.

Well, the polish remover didn't take the color out of the carpet....BUT...it didn't take the polish off either!!! Mad

I'm screwed!!

This is NOT good when you have to put the house on the market soon.....did I mention, I'm screwed!??
(but will try TUFF STUFF)

Have you tried shaving cream with a little windex? I've heard it works. Just let it soak for 5-10-15 minutes. Can't remember how long.
Um, don't use polish remover on wood floors. When I was 5, I snuck into my sister's room and spilled fingernail polish on her floor. At that age, I didn't realize that polish remover didn't only remove the polish, it lightened the color of the wood. My sister says I tried going in her room the next day, but she had rigged a life size doll to fall on top of me when I opened the door. I must have blocked that from my mind, because I don't remember it, lol.
If/when you get that cleaned up, you may want to invest in some scotchguard.

Actually, I think you can use shaving gel with warm water. Again...can't remember.

Hey Mom, I love Tub and Tile by Melaleuca. I got into it because my sister uses it, but I didn't use enough of the products to buy $35 worth each month, and I wasn't going to pay full price, lol. I did love a lot of their products though.

Oh, and try to get white shaving cream, with no dyes. I think it works with the other kinds, but probably better with no dye. ...and, if you use windex, I don't think you use a lot. You may have to repeat the process a few times, but I've heard that it works 99% of the time.

MadNO!!Mad

And get this....I looked at another color that I have of the brand that broke....
"Color Stay"
Are you kidding me!!?? Oh how did I get so lucky! Rolling Eyes

Man, that sucks. Can't remember who told me about the shaving cream. They said they had to let it soak for a while, then they used a warm wash cloth and a little elbow grease, but it came out of theirs. Of course, I don't know if they had Color Stay. That would be my luck.
P.S. Lol @ your 4 yr old. I love that age. My youngest will be 4 next month. Smile