Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yyoung09

Need advise

Good Morning!

I need help. I am new in Christ. I am single mom. I have a 11 year old son, that lived with his dad for 6 months. My son was not living with me when i acepted Christ into my life. He is now here with me to stay. Now, I see that he has games that are rated it "M". I would have not let it own any of them. He even has movies that are not appropiate for his age. I have taken them away. I am starting to feel emotional drain. I want to be obedient to God. My son even told me that I have change. Like I am exagerinting. I am not sure how to deal with this. Any help it will be very appreciated!

God bless you
Yasmin

yyoung09,

Oh the love of a mother that would want the best for her child is wisdom from the Lord. Rejoice. I would have taken away anything I felt inappropriate for his age or ratings not favorable also. There is so much influence in the world and it is hard to know what we should allow them to see and hear. I would continue to pray the Lord would show you....but also use the God given gift of discernment. If you see something you feel is not of God then don't allow it. Also make sure your example to him totally matches what you are telling him. If he sees you watching these type of things (not that you are but just an example) then it would be hard for him to understand. I will keep the matter in prayer for you. Be encouraged. The Lord is doing a work in both of you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I agree with Connie. I pray your strength in the Lord so you can continue to stand your ground. Think of it this way...you CANNOT give up because the enemy NEVER gives up. Fight this thing in GOD'S strength...not your own. When you feel the most drained, crawl into the lap of the Lord and allow Him to love on you. He's an awesome God!

Still praying for you!

You are making these decisions not only out of a desire to be obedient to God, but also out of your love for your son. Does he understand that? Many of the things God has told in the bible to do or not do are not because GOD wants us to do or not do them in order to make him happy, but are because He KNOWS what is good for us and not good for us - for our own good. Many of the words and thoughts expressed in M music, video games, etc. don't put us in the right frame of mind to engage in proper relationships with other people. Relationships of all kinds - friends, family and love, are hard enough without music, lyrics, violence, etc. to distort our views and thoughts about other people.
He claims you are changing? GREAT! Praises to God! As a mama, you are called to raise your son to know and honor God. When his head is filled w/ video games he cannot know or honor God. When he knows God, then he can choose for himself if his video games are appropriate or not. Until then, God put you in authority over him. Period.
Raising kids is not easy! I KNOW! Hang in there! Be encouraged in your position of authority and persevere as you try to honor God in all areas of your home and life. Blessings!

Hello!

Aw thank you very much for you advises! Oh yeah you are all right! This is not easy. But I must say that he is doing much better! praise God!. He stills tries me! I am thinking to change to only christian channels. Even Disney has program that I feel that will shift his mind from God. The lates thing he told me was that, he has a different theory of God. He also told me that I wanted to change him. Oh Lord this is not easy for me. I feel that I need to make it equal for everybody at home. He has 4 sibblings. I dont think that he can be in his room watching a program or cartoon that I dont want his sister and brothers be looking at it too. He want them to get out of the room, so he can wath it. This are battles that I have with him. I dont have brothers between my mom and dad. so, I have no idea how this is.

Thank you so much for your help. It really help to know that I am not the only one with this battle.

God bless all!
Yasmin