Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InDreams

Do you know about YES.com? Something to help LO

YES.com is a site that tracks the radio play of songs throughout the US and in some foreign countries.

You can track the airplay of David's songs by going here:
http://blog.yes.com/#David_Cook

You can see what song your local radio stations have played for the past week by typing the call letters in the search box and then clicking to open the station. On the menu bar if you click the song log. They have records by the hour for the past week.

You can join YES.com and vote for LO and increase it's chart ratings.

I don't know if radio stations take this seriously but it can't hurt and it's fun and it gives us something to do while waiting for the impact date.

Here is a post by ZillaBlue that was at DCO describing the process:

Quote :
Yes.com Link = http://www.yes.com/#David_Cook

I've been using Yes.com for three days and here's what i've learned about using it (no - i'm no expert!).

1. Click on the link to open the Yes.com David Cook Chat Room
2. Open DavidCookOffical.com in a separate window
3. Once on Yes.com, register for free (option in the upper right of the site)

Yes.com Voting Instructions

1. In the chat room, you'll see each time LO or TMOL is played at one of the 4,000 radio stations on Yes.com
2. Click on the Station's Call Letters, this will open the station's yes.com chat room
3. Click the YES Icon and hit enter, only 1 YES is required to vote
4. Go back to the David Cook Chat room using either the Recently Viewed Channels option on the left side of the screen or the Back button on your browser

Yes.com Warnings

If you are an Internet Explorer user like me, when you click on the Radio Stations call letters, you'll end up in the Yes.com main chat room. You have to click on the Back button to get back to the David Cook chat room and then click on the Radio Station call letters again,,then you should make it to their chat room. I know it sucks and i'm always last to vote!

Limit your Chatting in the room. Use this forum for chat and questions by keeping it up in a separate window. We have wonderful Number Nerds, counting, researching, summarizing daily station spins. We love our Number Nerds, absolutely cannot live without them and want their work to be easy as possible.

Why Vote?

Each registered user gets 1 vote per spin per station daily. Each vote is used in calculating the station's Chart Position for the song. The higher the Chart Position, the more spins at a given station. The more spins impact the big charts we all care about.

Now,,that's the limit of my knowledge....if you have questions, post them here,,,maybe someone can help you (us!!!!).

cool i didn't realize it's actually voting! I've been on there just watching who plays what - and voting inadvertently lol

The voting helps increase the chart numbers on yes.com. I don't know if they forward the information to the stations or not. And even if they do, I don't know that it will effect the stations themselves.

Nevertheless, it's fun to push those chart numbers up. They change at midnight every night. I have been keeping track of the changes and LO is doing well.

It's also fun to watch LO pick up new stations. WTIC picked up LO yesterday and I think I saw 3 plays today. And someone remarked at DCO that the DJ at WTIC said good things about it and they are getting a lot of positive feedback.

So when the time comes and it is played in your area - feedback is key. (I think the key is to give feedback to your local stations and not go all over the map to give feedback. That might make us look like crazed fans.) But at YES.com it doesn't matter where you come from - just vote yes when you see LO.

That was cool! I wonder if we had that here in our country..let me try..
Thanks for the info! Blow Kisses

Vangie
Keeper of the Edgy Rocker
 untitl41.jpg

@Vangie wrote:
That was cool! I wonder if we had that here in our country..let me try..
Thanks for the info! Blow Kisses

Vangie
Keeper of the Edgy Rocker
 untitl41.jpg

Why don't you type the call letters of the stations from your country in there. You might be surprised. I know we have seen a station from Germany and a station from South Africa go by.

I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and it's been fun to watch LO pop up more and more. It's also cool that we went from having just a couple of us in the room to having close to 20 people sometimes.

Join us!!! Also, we have a chat thread at DCO to try and keep things uncluttered on the actual yes.com page.

InDreams, are you the one posting the charts? I guess I know you by your other name. I have another name in all those places too. Smile

Yes, I'm now Jai_S - I lost my InDreams name at TWOP when I was banned forever. I'm keeping the charts and I see so many hopeful signs as new stations in big markets add LO.

I also like a lot of the anecdotal info that we are hearing that DJs are really loving the song and just waiting for its official add on their stations.

Banned forever! That's awesome. I'm so glad we moved. Smile I'm cinmc most everywhere but here.

I haven't been on yes.com today, been too busy with real life. Hope there are lots of people holding down the fort there today. I heard LO on my local station yesterday at 6:00pm. I saw on the DCO chat thread that 10 of you guys "yes"ed, so that's cool. The DJ sounded really excited about it and talked about how he'll be on GMA on the 17th!

Banned forever - that sounds like I did something naughty - that's not how they roll over at TWOP - all I did was talk smack about the Jersey Shore (Seaside Heights vs Wildwood).

I'm really hoping that there are a lot of DJs and Program Directors out there that are chomping at the bit to play LO.

Anyone else reading this - check out yes.com. It can be addictive and it's going to be interesting checking out radio play after the impact date.