Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

David to performe at PLJ acoustic café-November 18 Performance video UP

wplj

Quote :
In 2008 the 'PLJ Acoustic Cafe has welcomed: Sheryl Crow, Jordin Sparks, The Jonas Brothers, 3 Doors Down, and Taylor Swift.

Now, American Idol champ David Cook plays the 'PLJ Acoustic Cafe on Tuesday (11/18) the same day his new self titled CD comes out! It's hosted by 'PLJ's Race Taylor. You can ask David a question, get a picture taken with him, and watch the live performance.

You can hear David's music "Light On" and "Time Of My Life" on 'PLJ.
Listen to win your way in to see David Cook from 'PLJ!

Jesus christ, this is going to be an insane day, between this, the album release and signing sessions and the Hard Rock Cafe that same evening! I wonder what time the PLJ Acoustic Cafe will be at...

I was hoping PLJ would do something. Thats the only radio station I listen too, haha. So, Im definitly going to be listening and trying to get in.
No idea what time. I'd guess during 3-7 when Race Taylors on, because he's hosting it according to the website.
Good Luck to everybody!!

I heard them mention something on WPLJ yesterday, but since I'm really not supposed to have a radio in the office, I keep it on low, so I didn't catch the whole thing...but the station is doing a great job in promoting him, they did mention about going to DCO and play LO and TOML constantly.

You have to listen to win....so I'll be keeping the radio JUST a little bit louder at the office. And for those out of the listening area who will be in NY, WPLJ is on the radio section on iTunes!

@Jul wrote:
God damn, so many things!

EXACTLY my thought! It's hard to keep up. He's omnipresent. I'm certainly not complaining.

Yeah I'll be listening since I'll be going to the Virgin campout and will be in the city already. So now you can listen online yayyy. I live on long island and get horrible reception in my house for this station.

They play light on so I don't mind listening. haha

I LOVE BEING A NEW YORKER

BUT I HATE BEING A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL SINCE THIS IS ALL DURING SCHOOL lol

It seems you have to listen to the radio to win tickets:

Quote :
scratch

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
It seems you have to listen to the radio to win tickets:

Quote :
scratch

Yeah, they'll announce when to call in. Sometimes they do it with some type of clip or question, other times its just for the tickets themselves.

Ive been listening, of course whenever I am they dont give the tickets away. My mom's calling in during the day though, the DJ remembered her voice from when she requested LO and asked it she was a cougar. Which was funny to me. Smile

Damn, I came so close to getting in today...I emailed the DJ and he emailed me back saying that they'd be announcing the call-in at 5:30...just when I was leaving work. So I made my boss keep the office open a little longer and I even had co-workers calling (the question was 'name a song on the cd other than Light On')...they wanted Caller 25 and dammit, I was #22!!

Aw, bummer Carol! I can't listen to the radio much, so I'll wish you and the other folks in the tri-state area the best of luck!

Quote :
WPLJ just promoted David's Acoustic Cafe with Race Taylor. 6:15pm EST. The DJ said, "we've got an amazing
afternoon lined up, David Cook is in the house on the Acoustic Cafe
with Race Taylor, and that's starting at 6:15."

I don't understand, wasn't HRC show supposed to start at 6:30?It is going to be rushed.

On my way home last night, Race Taylor (WPLJ DJ) said that over half the emails in his inbox were about David Cook.

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
Quote :
WPLJ just promoted David's Acoustic Cafe with Race Taylor. 6:15pm EST. The DJ said, "we've got an amazing

I don't understand, wasn't HRC show supposed to start at 6:30?It is going to be rushed.

Its recorded. Its actually probaly taking place right now. The one DJ talked to my mom a few times, and totally rubbed in the tickets and then didnt give them to us. (No longer like him, lol) They broadcast part of it at 6:15 on the radio, the rest should appear on the website at some point in the next couple days.

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
Quote :

Its recorded. Its actually probaly taking place right now. The one DJ talked to my mom a few times, and totally rubbed in the tickets and then didnt give them to us. (No longer like him, lol) They broadcast part of it at 6:15 on the radio, the rest should appear on the website at some point in the next couple days.

Will they have the videos too?

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
Quote :

Will they have the videos too?

They should have videos of the some of the songs. I just checked Taylor Swifts from last week, they have two videos up from hers, so I would assume they would do the same for David.

I think it already ended, I missed the interview before the Light On performance, Dr.was with him, they just did Light On.I hope they post the interview and the performance MP3 at the site.It was awesome.

the interview was short but cute.... one part was they had a pre-recorded question from archie and he asked what was the hardest song to record from DC's record.... his response was a rock version of Crush... and then he said Permanent because of its meaning

Guest dawtreecookie

Holy mother of god he looks gorgeous in that shirt...

No comment.

That interview was so much win.. Laughing And love LO acoustic. Awww Love