Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Top 10 Favorite Dave Songs List Thread

So.... this is just a survey of your Top 10 David Cook songs. Sounds simple, right? NOT easy. I saw a version of this on another site, but it had VERY strict rules disqualifying more than half the songs we've heard him sing. It really frustrated me making "my" list of Dave songs which did not include some of the most important songs to me. So it wasn't really my list at all. Then tonight I realized, well I can just create my own survey, the way I want it, dammit, 'cause it's mine, lol. I'd love you all to participate. Here's how my rules go:

• Post your list of your Top 10 songs that David Cook has sung. #1 = most favorite, etc.
  • It can be ANY SONG YOU'VE EVER HEARD HIM SING. Each song can be from DCTR, Analog Heart, anything Axium, anything from AI, anything he sang on tewer (including MWK songs) or after, anything there is a youtube video of him singing, anything from Red Hot to High and Dry.
  • All versions of the song count as one. If you're thinking of a specific version of that song, it's cool to post which one, but I'll only be tallying the songs by name. So Feed Your Ego from Blindsided or Feed Your Ego from Alive in Tulsa or Feed Your Ego Remix Live at Cain's Ballroom, all will be tallied as Feed Your Ego.
  • Survey starts now, and ends 11:59PM Dec 31st.
  • You can change your answer. But if you edit your post, please make a new post telling us so. Otherwise we won't know to change your answers in our spreadsheet.

At the end, we'll post all kinds of fun statistical stuff about the lists.

It's agonizing, but try to have fun. And this thread is also for discussion about how hard it is, what songs didn't make the cut and broke your heart, asking each other why that song, etc. And if you don't like my rules, I'm no dictator - we can all talk about what changes are suggested and majority rules.

Guest Guest

10....Only 10!!! lol. OK, here's my list Great

1 - Avalanche
2 - (I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight
3 - Bar-Ba-Sol
4 - Hello
5 - Billie Jean
6 - Peace Of Mind
7 - The Truth
8 - Declaration
9 - Feed Your Ego
10 - Music Of The Night

Guest Guest

Shit, this is going to be hard... I'm going to have to give this some thought. The problem is that my favorites today might not be my favorites tomorrow. LOL Face

I'll be back... eventually.

Oh and I hope people give their reasons if they feel comfortable doing that. It's fun seeing what a particular song means to a person.

Guest Guest

Great idea, Stac!!! But oh so difficult! I'll have to think about my favs list too scratch

Guest Guest

Do we need to order these, Stacy?

*whines* Only 10, huh? Wink

Guest Guest
Do you want them in order with #1 being our favorite?

WOW! love every single song he does! this is hard.

!. Lie
2.The Truth
3.(i just) died in your arms tonight
4.Bar-ba-sol
5.Porcelain
6.Heroes
7.breathe tonight
8.man in the box
9.billie jean
10.declaration

Yeah, it's REALLY hard! I'm still trying to get my list below 20, lol. Thanks for sharing your list with us, Pam. Smile

I haven't even started thinking about my list. That's going to be SO TOUGH to do!! Will try to post it tomorrow.

Guest Guest
The first few were no brainers, but it got real tough towards the end..... I kept erasing and thinking of songs.....I imagine my list will change later tho, lol

Yeah, I think I have my top 5. I just have to narrow the next 50 down to 5. LOL Face And the order might change, and one or two maybe even bumped down lower, but right now, so far, I have:
1. Anodyne
2. Let Go
3. Declaration
4. Makeover
5. Paper Heart
6. everything else Laughing

That's not my official list, obviously, since it's only half a list so far, lol. But those 5 will be on my list, for sure.

1. Billie Jean
2. Hello
3. Straight Ahead
4. Heroes live
5...IDIFY live
6. Avalanche
7. All I Really Need Is You
8. I Still Haven't Found What I Have Been Looking For
9. Lie
10. America the Beautiful at US OPEN TENNIS

Guest Guest
This is so damn hard.

1. Stitches
2. Til I'm Blue
3. Lie(the live second half of tour version)
4. The Truth(acoustic)
5. Died In Your Arms(the first really angry version lol)
6. Innocent(studio version)
7. Balance
8. Me
9. Hot For Teacher(Hey I'm a teacher and he is undeniably hot stalking the stage)
10. Breathe Tonight(imo the most underrated song on DCTR)

I can't believe 4 people already have their lists done!

Barb, I knew you loved Stitches, but didn't realized you love it even more than you love 'Til I'm Blue! Also surprised the #4 song on your list on the other board totally dropped off this one!

So far we have 4 complete lists, and already 26 different songs!

Guest Guest
LOL flag It was a tough decision to leave Let Go off this list. I took my original top ten list from elsewhere and then had to remove songs to fit in the ones that didn't qualify there. It may just be my mood tonight but I wanted to keep Balance and Me more than Let Go. Tomorrow I may feel differently about it.

Deciding how to rank Stitches and TIB was the hardest part of making that list. Really it's more like 1a and 1b than 1 and 2.

Well this was a lil tough but i have a feeling i'll look at this tommrow and wanna change it LOL Face

1. Makeover (its kinda a personal reason why i chose this as my most favorite
2.Always Be My Baby
3. Lie
4.Hot For Teacher ( I dont really need to explain that one now do it ) We are ALL Innocent
5.Avalanche
6. A Daily AtheM
7.Souviner
8.Hello
9.Billie Jean
10.Hereos

I love this guy's voice so much that it's difficult to try to narrow it down to 10 of my personal fav's but here goes...

1. Lie (later versions)
2. We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping
3. Light On
4. Straight Ahead
5. Piece Of Mind-A Song for Sarah
6. Happy Together
7. Always Be My Baby
8. Elanor Rigby
9. Bar-Ba-Sol
10. All I Really Need Is You

Dudeeee.....this is too hard because theres the ones that get you through hard times, the significant ones, the ones you relate to, and the ones you just love. This is subject to change right?

1. Optimistic to a Fault
2. Declaration
3. Anodyne
4. Billie Jean
5. Always be my Baby
6. Makeover
7. Straight Ahead
8. A Daily AntheM
9. Time of my Life
-lame as it sounds its been a huge part of my life
10. Permanent

Is it supposed to be in order??

1. A Daily Anthem
2. Let Go
3. Porcelain
4. Bar ba sol
5. Mr Sensitive
6. The Truth
7. Hot for Teacher
8. Hello
9. All I really need is you
10. Permanent

1. The Truth (acoustic)
2.The world I know (UCLA Taste For Cure)
3.Optimistic to a Fault
4.Pecking Order
5.Lie
6.Always Be My Baby (studio version)
7.Paper Heart
8.Straight Ahead
9.MITB (San Diego 09-10-09)
10.Incarcerate

This is hard.

1. Lie
2. Avalanche
3. Billie Jean
4. Decleration
5. Silver
6. The World I Know
7. Bar-Ba-Sol
8. Hello
9. Let Go
10. Always Be My Baby

1) Go Your Own Way (duet with Carrie Underwood)
2) Lie
3) Always Be My Baby (studio version)
4) Happy Christmas (acoustic)
5) The World I Know (acoustic)
6) Billie Jean
7) Let Go
8) Bar-ba-sol
9) Little Lies
10) I just Died in Your Arms Tonight

1) Go Your Own Way (duet with Carrie Underwood)
2) Lie
3) Always Be My Baby (studio version)
4) Happy Christmas (acoustic)
5) The World I Know (acoustic)
6) Billie Jean
7) Let Go
8) Bar-ba-sol
9) Little Lies
10) I just Died in Your Arms Tonight

here's mine
1. Lie
2. A Daily Anthem
3. Anodyne
4. Stitches
5. Little Lies
6. Creep
7. Heroes with Champagne Supernova
8. Kiss On The Neck
9. My Last Request
10. Straight Ahead

Very Happy

Can we post a new list every day??? I'm terribly fickle, you know! Very Happy

1. Let Go - There's just something about this song that I love.
2. Leave Behind - So dramatic - love dramatic rock!!!
3. Bar ba sol - Totally grabs you and brings you in, both on the record and live
4. Mr. Sensitive - especially live - beat the crap outta that guitar, Dave!!!
5. Thought You Knew - The song just totally rocks.
6. Man In The Box - Always loved this song and it fits David to a tee!
7. Heros w/Champagne Supernova
8. I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight - Angry Dave!!! FTW
9. Don't Say A Word - It just makes me happy - don't really know why...
10. All I Really Need Is You - my fav AI performance song

Have to post some honorable mentions just because...

Incarcerate from Alive In Tulsa - IMO one of his best vocals ever
Declaration - because it for us and totally says it all
Permanent from the Idol performance - so emotional!!
Acoustic Livin On a Prayer - I like David's version better than the original

If I could, I'd make all of David's banter my number one choice!!! That is what makes his shows so amazing and captivating.

OH HELL STACY This is Way to Hard for Me I love Every Song he has ever done but i will try every day it changes with me and my moods. LOL flag I don't know if i can write what each song means to me but i will try
1 Heroes
2. Life On The Moon
3 Mr Sensitive
4 Dream Big
5 Straight Ahead
6 Hot For Teacher
7 Let Go
8 Little Lies
9 Bar-ba-sol
10 Shatterd Dreams.

That was hard like i said i love them all .

Loving all the responses being posted - thanks everyone for sharing - especially those who don't post much - what a great way to emerge from lurkdom!

I warned you it would be hard, lol. I'm still nowhere near finished with mine yet.

Guest Guest
I decided that I had to just do it and do it quickly! The idea of taking my time and really analyzing my list would probably drive me insane. I would end up crying about songs that I had to leave out lol.

1. The truth (acoustic)
2. Barbasol
3. Kiss on the neck
4. Let go
5. Silver
6. stitches
7. paper heart
8. Lie
9. Mr. Sensitive
10. Life on the moon

I'm not a big fun of covers so they'll be no covers on my list. Although I was really tempted to put "Billie Jean" on the list since it was the song that truly blow me away and made fall for him but I'll take his original music over any cover no matter how good it was.

1. Porcelain – I don't really know how to explain it but there is just something about this song… Raw, angry Dave... I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, my biggest dream is to see this one live one day.
2. Lie – I cry every time I hear this song and the A Cappella part Thud!
3. Just in case - This song has so much personal meaning for me that I'm not going to go into, I even had the words "Just in case" tattooed on my shoulder blade. I'll just say that I see this song as the song that gave me the courage to make the changes I needed in my live.
4. Heroes - This song never fails to touch me. It is such a beautiful, hopeful and uplifting sone.
5. We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping - The brilliant lyrics are so full of emotions + Neal backup vocals = Awww Love
6. Souvenir - Just love this song. Still hoping it'll make the new album.
7. Dear Heaven - The ultimate angry Dave and one of the most under appreciated songs IMO. The way he build the "the more she took away, the more I had enough". Until he practically screams it…
8. Wavelength - Don't have much to say about this one except that I really, really love it. The music, the lyrics everything about this song just works for me.
9. Fall back into me - First song I fall for in Analog Heart, still have a warm spot for him.
10. Mr. Sensitive - Dave beating the hell out of his guitar... Need I say more?

Guest Guest
@slayer34 wrote:
I love this guy's voice so much that it's difficult to try to narrow it down to 10 of my personal fav's but here goes...

1. Lie (later versions)
2. We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping
3. Light On
4. Straight Ahead
5. Piece Of Mind-A Song for Sarah
6. Happy Together
7. Always Be My Baby
8. Elanor Rigby
9. Bar-Ba-Sol
10. All I Really Need Is You

Welcome! What a nice subject to start posting, isn't it? There's nothing better than David's voice and his songs Very Happy

I'm still thinking, writing and erasing, lol. Can't make up my mind scratch

ooooh... this is going to be rough... I'll be back after lots of thought. I know this so far...

ETA... done... not sure how acurate it really is...lol

1.Makeover
2.Bar-ba-sol
3.Lie
4.The Truth
5.Still
6.Unlucky
7.Music of the Night (sentimental fav)
8.Mr. Sensitive
9.A Daily Anthem
10.Not Around

Loving all the responses being posted - thanks everyone for sharing - especially those who don't post much - what a great way to emerge from lurkdom!

I warned you it would be hard, lol. I'm still nowhere near finished with mine yet.

I'm enjoying being a lurker. LOL flag But have to "delurk" to post my list. Razz

Guest Guest

I'm enjoying being a lurker. LOL flag But have to "delurk" to post my list. Razz

I'm with Stacy on this one. I'm very happy to see some lurkers posting in this thread.

Guest Guest
Laughing hystericall I'm sorry but after the whole "I need to include Anodyne" thing I find this very funny for some reason.

Guest Guest
No pouting allowed!

Guest Guest
The problem is that you thought about it for too long. It's easier if you just go with your gut feeling and do it quickly.

The problem is my gut feeling was over 20 songs right off the top of my head. The top 5 weren't hard - like Daina who has her top 2 as her start, lol. But then... SO many songs and only 5 more slots!

Guest Guest
I did feel kind of like I was betraying certain songs by leaving them off my list.

i had to go to my itunes type in david cook and click on most played. and then calculated my gut feelings to come up with my list . (i know the itunes is a cheat sheet sorta but i had to kinda sort them out unfortunatly)

Guest Guest
Callie, Yes they should be in order with #1 being your favorite.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.