Oh BBS....how I have missed thee Bar-ba-sol, LOL

Guest Guest

Thanks to Nicole for this one!

Guest Guest

From Nicole

Guest Guest

OMG!!! Fade Into Me freaking beautiful!! Melt

Guest Guest
YESSS and now it's REM. WOW I'm loving these longer sets.

Guest Guest
HOLY CRAP!!! What a show!

1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. Paper Heart
5. 4 Letter Word
6. Come Back To Me
7. Right Here With You
8. Let Me Fall For You
9. In The Meantime (Space Hog cover)
10. The Last Goodbye
11. We Believe
12. Movin’ Out
13. Barbasol
14. Light On
15. Fade Into Me
16. Rapid Eye Movement

Ah, this was so much fun. I could never stand the sound of cellcerts so I didn't listen along with everyone who did the last tour. Now with u-streaming, it's 100,000,000 times better sound, plus you can SEE him. Not as great as the videos that come later but enough to really, really enjoy it.

If you pop in, THANK YOU, Kristen! Blow Kisses

The ustream was GREAT! What a great show. My SIL was there, her first David Cook concert and I think she really liked it!

Thanks to Kristen

Guest Guest
Although listening to the cellcerts at Ricky's was fun during the AI7 tour.... I totally agree.... U-Streaming is SOooooooo much better!!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Kristen!

Amazing meet and greet. I had two books for him of wordsearch and Suduku books as well as a photo from the race of him with his nephew during the race.
My sister was a total ham.

Are you able to give him the gifts ? How long they are allowing you to stay ? I read there're 100 ppl at M&G ... isn't too much ??

Holy Shit He was on fire tonight!!! I feel a bit of Davetrance and I wasn't even there. That ustream, his energy and the excitement of tour again is overwhelming.

Show was amazing! I was about three rows back from Andy. Not too far from Nicole. I have crazy good photos and such to share later. LMFFY is amazing live I must say.

Jeannie I saw you up above me. I tried waving to get your attention!

Does anyone know what song it was that he jumped in circles? Was it the second song? i hope someone got video of that.

I havn't been on in a while i was just wondering what happened to neal? who is that other dude?

Guest Guest
Neal is touring with Hell or Highwater. He has a contract to tour with them through the end of the year. The new guy is Devin Bronson. He used to be Avril Lavigne's lead guitar player.

Guest Guest
I think it's just a shadow.

justforme wrote:
I think it's just a shadow.

Yes - it's the shadow of the guitar's fingerboard. Smile

Guest Guest
Shadow definitely.

I couldn't watch the ustream yesterday so impatiently waiting for pics and videos.

Glad you had a great time, Holly! Would love to see your pics!

Guest Guest

Luuurved LMFFY!!! Thud

Guest Guest
Peggy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who "went there".

justforme wrote:
Peggy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who "went there".

Uh.... I thought it...

Just didn't want to be the one to turn the thread naughty.!! We are ALL Innocent *snicker*

Guest Guest

Had a fantastic time! I got two hugs from Dave, and one from Monty. LOL Face I have tons to tell you all (if it isn't already said) but I just got to work from Eve's so really can't say much until I get home tonight.

He was on fire, and I'm so happy we got LMFFY! We went up to the balcony, right along the railing, Andy side... great view!

I know Eve videoed 2 or 3 songs, and Hannah did a couple as well. I'm sure they'll get them up as soon as they can.

For those who asked, you can use your own camera during the M&G. It was rushed because there were so many people, but Dave made sure to talk to everyone and to be as accomodating as he could be.

Seriously, Kathy - your new WN title is freakin HILARIOUS!!!!! ROFLOL

Thanks for posting those vids - such awesome quality!!!

Jeannie wrote:
Had a fantastic time! I got two hugs from Dave, and one from Monty. I have tons to tell you all (if it isn't already said) but I just got to work from Eve's so really can't say much until I get home tonight.

He was on fire, and I'm so happy we got LMFFY! We went up to the balcony, right along the railing, Andy side... great view!

I know Eve videoed 2 or 3 songs, and Hannah did a couple as well. I'm sure they'll get them up as soon as they can.

For those who asked, you can use your own camera during the M&G. It was rushed because there were so many people, but Dave made sure to talk to everyone and to be as accomodating as he could be.

Jeannie, I am so glad that you had a GREAT time! Rest up... then recap when you're ready.

Wow, he sounds amazing! Relative vocal rest has served him well over the past two years.

Guest Guest
@pn112 wrote:
Seriously, Kathy - your new WN title is freakin HILARIOUS!!!!! ROFLOL

Thanks for posting those vids - such awesome quality!!!

I hadn't noticed LOL flag

My pics from yesterday on FB
David Cook Live - Columbus 10/10/11

But this one in particular is my favorite Cool

Guest Guest

Thanks for posting, Jenna! That pic with David and Gavin is soooo cute Heart

Guest Guest
Aww great pic with Gavin and David! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Thanks for all the videos Kathy!

Jeannie, it was great to see you again yesterday!!

The VIP and Concert were both AMAZING!!

I unfortunately didn't stay for Gavin, I've been very sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection for over a week, on medicine and no appetite. Sometimes not being hungry, I just forget to eat and so yesterday, I didn't eat anything and with the heat and standing, I almost passed out before David, I started getting really light headed and a bad headache, of course I had to suck it up through David, but I just couldn't manage any longer and had to leave before Gavin. I'm sure Gavin was great as well, though Smile

I will have pictures up, hopefully tonight. I tried this morning and my desktop didn't want to read my memory card and my laptop was being slow so I ran out of time haha.

Guest Guest

I normally don't post pictures of myself, but I kind of have to share this one (I may take it down after awhile.)

I had told Dave that the last picture I have with him is such a terrible picture of me that I had never shown anyone but my husband, who said, "Well, at least you have it for yourself." (Yes, it's that bad.) Dave told me, "This one is going to be awesome... I know it." and gave me two thumbs up. He actually looked at the photographer to make sure it was a good picture before I walked away.

So recap - the VIP was a bit crazy. There were 104 people there. We stood in line (because they told us to) from 3:00 until about 5:30 when we were finally let in for soundcheck. It was very sunny, and VERY hot. They had sent the shirts and guitar pick tins, but forgot to include the laminates - they said they will mail them to us - so we got paper wristbands with "DC VIP" handwritten on them.

Soundcheck we were right at the stage in front of Andy. Dave was very chatty, talking about Dublin, asking what songs we wanted to hear, etc. They did 4 Letter Word, FIM (someone's request) and REM. (For those who were wondering, they do NOT allow videotaping during sound check, but pictures are fine. During the concert, no problems with either.)

After the sound check, we lined up for the M&G. We were almost the last people. Despite having smiled through close to 100 pictures, David was still very smiling and talkative during the M&G. He's careful to really look at and listen to you.

The guys were all lined up. I shook Kyle's hand, then Andy's. Then I moved to Dave and he just reached out and hugged me. I told him how much I love TLM, we took the picture and had the little exchange I mentioned above, and then I said something I can't remember now LOL Face and that's when he hugged me again before I moved on to Devin. I shook his hand and welcomed him to the group, and he thanked me and said how wonderful David's fans have been. Then I moved on to Monty and said how glad I was to finally get to meet him, and he hugged me too.

When everyone in our group had had their picture taken, we went downstairs and got our shirts and tins, then they lined us back up outside, separate from the folks who had not done M&G. They let us into the building first, but because it had been so hot, we decided to go upstairs and got that great spot in the balcony. It was a fantastic view of the stage (except for Andy who was hidden behind something most of the time) and it was fun to watch the crowd. It was really a diverse crowd - all ages, all sexes, and they were really showing the love.

You all know the setlist - so happy we got LMFFY, as I really wanted to hear that live. (Eve has a good enough camera that she zoomed in and got a closeup of the setlist when they put it down, so we knew it was coming, lol) FIM live is amazing. He sings the hell out of that song. Fifteen songs and it seems like it was over in a minute.

It was great to see so many people I already knew, and meet so many I've talked to but never had the chance to meet before. It really was a fantastic day, and worth only getting 4 hours of sleep last night, then having to get up early and drive for an hour to be at work on time this morning.

Jeannie wrote:
I normally don't post pictures of myself, but I kind of have to share this one (I may take it down after awhile.)

I had told Dave that the last picture I have with him is such a terrible picture of me that I had never shown anyone but my husband, who said, "Well, at least you have it for yourself." (Yes, it's that bad.) Dave told me, "This one is going to be awesome... I know it." and gave me two thumbs up. He actually looked at the photographer to make sure it was a good picture before I walked away.

So recap - the VIP was a bit crazy. There were 104 people there. We stood in line (because they told us to) from 3:00 until about 5:30 when we were finally let in for soundcheck. It was very sunny, and VERY hot. They had sent the shirts and guitar pick tins, but forgot to include the laminates - they said they will mail them to us - so we got paper wristbands with "DC VIP" handwritten on them.

Soundcheck we were right at the stage in front of Andy. Dave was very chatty, talking about Dublin, asking what songs we wanted to hear, etc. They did 4 Letter Word, FIM (someone's request) and REM. (For those who were wondering, they do NOT allow videotaping during sound check, but pictures are fine. During the concert, no problems with either.)

After the sound check, we lined up for the M&G. We were almost the last people. Despite having smiled through close to 100 pictures, David was still very smiling and talkative during the M&G. He's careful to really look at and listen to you.

The guys were all lined up. I shook Kyle's hand, then Andy's. Then I moved to Dave and he just reached out and hugged me. I told him how much I love TLM, we took the picture and had the little exchange I mentioned above, and then I said something I can't remember now LOL Face and that's when he hugged me again before I moved on to Devin. I shook his hand and welcomed him to the group, and he thanked me and said how wonderful David's fans have been. Then I moved on to Monty and said how glad I was to finally get to meet him, and he hugged me too.

When everyone in our group had had their picture taken, we went downstairs and got our shirts and tins, then they lined us back up outside, separate from the folks who had not done M&G. They let us into the building first, but because it had been so hot, we decided to go upstairs and got that great spot in the balcony. It was a fantastic view of the stage (except for Andy who was hidden behind something most of the time) and it was fun to watch the crowd. It was really a diverse crowd - all ages, all sexes, and they were really showing the love.

You all know the setlist - so happy we got LMFFY, as I really wanted to hear that live. (Eve has a good enough camera that she zoomed in and got a closeup of the setlist when they put it down, so we knew it was coming, lol) FIM live is amazing. He sings the hell out of that song. Fifteen songs and it seems like it was over in a minute.

It was great to see so many people I already knew, and meet so many I've talked to but never had the chance to meet before. It really was a fantastic day, and worth only getting 4 hours of sleep last night, then having to get up early and drive for an hour to be at work on time this morning.

Thanks Jeannie for sharing your experience with us !! I'm sure you had a GREAT TIME !!! Hug
I cannot wait for my turn to arrive (less than 2 weeks till I finally meet David and get my beyond-dreamed pic with him) !
I'm glad to hear that, despite the large number of people at the M&G
Quote :
David was still very smiling and talkative during the M&G. He's careful to really look at and listen to you.

I was a little bit "worried" about a M&G with so many people !! I'm feeling more "relaxed" about it now after reading you recap !! Thank You!

Jeannie, loved your recap. How cool to get to meet all the guys and get a pic with all of them. I have wanted that for years. Awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us. And your pic is great!

Guest Guest
Thanks Chris and Viv!

Chris, it was rushed, but not rushed if you know what I mean. He took his time, let you say what you wanted to say. It's not like you have an endless amount of time to chat - there are lots of people and a show to do - but it was still long enough to actually speak for a few moments - not just say hi.

Nice review from the examiner.com

SOURCE

Quote :
Screams erupted from the crowd as soon as David Cook took the stage. After establishing himself as a fantastic vocalist and unique musician in front of the whole country on American Idol, he went on to maintain a large fan base with his first major label debut. In his 16 song set, he played several songs from that album, including the singles Light On and Come Back to Me. Most of the set was made up of songs off his new album, This Loud Morning. He began with Circadian, the first track off the album, and ended with Rapid Eye Movement, the last track. Charming as ever on stage, he kept a guitar in his hands at all times and engaged the crowd with his heart warming sense of humor.

Jeannie - So happy that you had such a great show, and the M&G sounds like it was worth all the waiting.

Jeannie wrote:
Thanks Chris and Viv!

Chris, it was rushed, but not rushed if you know what I mean. He took his time, let you say what you wanted to say. It's not like you have an endless amount of time to chat - there are lots of people and a show to do - but it was still long enough to actually speak for a few moments - not just say hi.

Thanks Jeannie !! You know I'm flying all my way to US ONLY TO SEE DAVE ... So I'm so insecure and anxious... afraid I could not have time to talk to him and get my dreamed HUG !
Thanks for make me feel "better"...
Hug

Guest Guest
Hug I'm sure it will be a great experience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.