Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/15/11 - Denver, CO - The Ogden Theater Concert

rockergirl, WOW what a great story! I have a huge smile on my face just imagining it all - what a day for you!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all and I love the way you told it with the pictures and the timeframe and all. Heart

And thanks to everyone for the photos and videos!

rockergirl, I'm so happy for you. It sounds like an amazing experience.

Thank you to everyone who shared the videos and pictures with us. As always, we live vicariously through you. Smile

WOW rockergirl!! Sounds like you had the time of your life!! Magic RainbowLOL Face (sorry, I couldn't resist!) So happy for you that is all unfolded so magically!!! What a fantastic thing for you to experience!! Love your recap.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experience with us, whether it be through re-cap, pictures, or videos!!! Your selflessness is appreciated more than you know!!

Guest Guest
Rockergirl, I loved your recap! I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you had a wonderful day.

aww thanks guys, i have read many stories about people meeting david for the first time and i never thought i would be actually one of those people!!! and why take pictures and not share them with people that would enjoy them too!!!

Rockergirl, thanks so much for sharing your David encounter. Loved the pics!

DEBRA Hi!

I have read many stories about people meeting david for the first time and i never thought i would be actually one of those people!!!

I know this feeling - I cannot wait for my turn to meet David !! Next Sunday !!! Excited2 !

Thanks for sharing your recap and gorgeous photos !!

I hope I could get great photos too and share with all of you here !!

Rockergirl, I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience....you deserve it, for bringing us such great pictures. This one just kills me. It reminds me of "All Right Now", between his clothes, his stance, the lighting. Anyone else see it?

dscn2710.jpg

I do, dp. It's the return of the bangs again, too, I think.

The angle on that shot also makes him look like he has long legs!

To me, he always looks taller in pictures. When i see him live it shocks me because he seems more compact.

DP, i also see the comparison. in a few pics lately I've also seen Hello Dave, which was only a week later.

Just how skinny is he in person? i hope he's not like where his bones are sticking out Shocked I know he had to loose the weight for his health but i wish he could of at least stayed medium pudgy i mean he has to have some meat somewhere on him .Why do i worry but that stuff ? lol Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't worry too much about it. He looks very solid, even though he's trim. I doubt very much that he's "bony", although I haven't had the pleasure of finding out for myself, LOL.

Yes, Stacy....his legs do look quite long in that picture. And, as always, his thighs are just....rowr.

I'm just the opposite, I thought he was much shorter. I was actually shocked at how tall he was when standing next to him. And it seems like he has muscle now instead of "pudge". But my short arms reached to the other side of his waist so, he's definitely a skinny dude! Holy Sheep!

Rockergirl, I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience....you deserve it, for bringing us such great pictures. This one just kills me. It reminds me of "All Right Now", between his clothes, his stance, the lighting. Anyone else see it?

dscn2710.jpg

Oh yeah, I see it. Drool

I forgot to add that, even though he's gotten so trim and fit (I wouldn't say skinny....to me that conjures up images of bony and wimpy) he still has that belly that I love so much.*

*and want to blow raspberries on.

Yeah, he's definitely trim but by no means "bony". He's a very fit individual, and despite "meeting" him several times, I was shocked at how tall he was when I finally stood side by side with him at the DecTour Houston stop in 09. And I told him so in a not-so-suave manner. Duh

Guest Guest
LOL flag The last time I saw him in person was at the NJ Great Adventure show. He didn't look skinny, just fit and healthy. Although he does have a very narrow build through the hips.

pssst Jamie, I'm tall next to you.

LOL Face Most of the men in my family are as tall or taller than him (my nephew at 13 was 6' tall) so I'm accustomed to tall men, but his pictures made me think there was absolutely no way he was more than about 5'10" (I'm 5'7"). So it was just very unexpected to be (in my tall shoes) only at just about ear height! And he's not skinny in an unhealthy way at all, he's just not the David we are all used to seeing.

ok, i didn't mean he was unhealthy skinny, i was just surprised that he was that fit and trim!

Guest Guest
Rockergirl, I remember the first time I met him. I was really surprised because he seems larger than life up there on the stage/tv. I was expecting him to be much bigger than he was in person. I knew he would be much taller than me, I'm only about 5'5. I thought he would be broader or beefier than he seemed once he was standing next to me.

Well, I decided, although my pics aren't the greatest, I will at least post a few of them. I was actually off to the side in the balcony, so pretty much all of these are with zoom and the quality is so-so.

I love this photo for some reason!
 sany1510.jpg

sany1613.jpg

sany1615.jpg

sany1616.jpg

sany1617.jpg

sany1619.jpg

God, I love all these pics. thanks for sharing them with us. David looks very fit and trim and handsome. And very sexy.

Hey, i'm not dead yet! nor am I blind. Smile

Hello all! So, i am working on my pics too. How do i get them here?? Do i need to link them from a photo host site?

Also, got to chat with Klye and a pic and I asked about more tour dates after the holidays, and he said, "No, we will be adding more before the holidays, but I dont know if we are coming back to Denver." Then i asked him for a pic and told him my 7yr old daughter loves him and he was so nice and said "i cant wait to meet her!"

Guest Guest

Great pictures Acacia-thanks for sharing them-I love all the different lighting even tho it does make it challenging for taking pictures (I speak for myself who is a auto point & shoot photographer LOL Face)

High Five! For more tour dates before the Holidays! I love Kyle-he is just so great (& talented) as are all the guys!

Guest Guest
Acacia, Thanks for sharing your pics!

@vsteph1 wrote:
To me, he always looks taller in pictures. When i see him live it shocks me because he seems more compact.

DP, i also see the comparison. in a few pics lately I've also seen Hello Dave, which was only a week later.

"Compact". That's a perfect way to describe his physique!

It's kind of funny how this height thing is all so relative. At 5'8", when we are both in running shoes, I feel like I am pretty much looking him in the eye. I say he is 5'10". And statistically, that is the dead average height of a US male.

And thank you rockergirl and acacia for sharing your stories and photos. Tour time recaps are always something so fun to look forward to!

Guest Guest
pbnajk and acacia, thanks for your pics!

Loved them!!!

Guest Guest
I forgot to add that, even though he's gotten so trim and fit (I wouldn't say skinny....to me that conjures up images of bony and wimpy) he still has that belly that I love so much.*

*and want to blow raspberries on.

^^^ ROFLOL You crack me up, dp! ... and made my mind go to the gutter Shocked

Acacia - You got some BEAUTIFUL shots!!! Thank you so much for sharing those with us!! Great

@redsoxmom wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

It's kind of funny how this height thing is all so relative. At 5'8", when we are both in running shoes, I feel like I am pretty much looking him in the eye. I say he is 5'10". And statistically, that is the dead average height of a US male.

And thank you rockergirl and acacia for sharing your stories and photos. Tour time recaps are always something so fun to look forward to!

I thought 5'10" too, until I was standing next to him. Do you think his boots give him that much height? Maybe he's got lifts! LOL Face

and few more...
 dscn2712.jpg

I must ask how were you able to survive after this pic? the lighting and everything is just amazing. Thud!

i really have no i idea how i did it lol i was just happy that i got that shot! WooHoo!!

and about his height, my dad took a picture with david too, my dad is 5'10'' and david was just an inch or 2 taller, but he was wearing his boots. so i'm pretty sure he is 5' 10-11''

Gorgeous pictures, Acacia! Loved the lighting, some in blue, some b&w. Thanks for sharing them.

@pbnajk wrote:
@redsoxmom wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

I thought 5'10" too, until I was standing next to him. Do you think his boots give him that much height? Maybe he's got lifts!

I've only stood next to him in when he had on dressy wingtips, and running shoes. But I doubt he has lifts . He's not Tom Cruise short.

Thanks everyone on the pics, not my best, my point and shoot doesnt do well at concerts. Wasnt bringing the pro camera, maybe next time! But the lighting is always such a challenge!

And what is with him ALWAYS playing the guitar lately??? I loved his hands on the mic...missing that sexyness...

Guest Guest

After the "Dicklaration" pants-gate, I'll be surprised if we ever see him without a guitar in front of him again. LOL Face

@acchance wrote:
Thanks everyone on the pics, not my best, my point and shoot doesnt do well at concerts. Wasnt bringing the pro camera, maybe next time! But the lighting is always such a challenge!

And what is with him ALWAYS playing the guitar lately??? I loved his hands on the mic...missing that sexyness...

Ummm after the first night of tour, I wonder if we will EVER see him without a guitar again.

justforme wrote:
LOL flag The last time I saw him in person was at the NJ Great Adventure show. He didn't look skinny, just fit and healthy. Although he does have a very narrow build through the hips.

pssst Jamie, I'm tall next to you.

Razz I know I'm short! It's not hard to be TALLER THAN ME, I was just surprised how MUCH taller he was. I dunno, he always seemed shorter at all the previous meetings. Maybe I was standing on barricades and never side by side.

I'm small, but I thought he was shorter than I pictured when I met him. He's such a great performer that he gives off a really strong 'larger than life' aura, so it's weird to see him being normal, I guess.
Still, he's much taller than me. I only came to about his shoulder and I'm 5'3". He's said he's only 5'10", but I've heard Andrew say that David is 5'11", which is probably taking shoes into consideration.

Guest Guest
All videos from this show are now in the All Videos thread, and you can find the post HERE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.