Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Piper

TAKE ME AS I AM - the mystery

During his fall tour David only left out the setlists 2 TLM songs:
This is not the last time and Take me as I am (one of my favorite TLM songs).

At Phoenix Soundcheck he let us ask the songs we want him to sing...
I asked twice for Take me As I Am but he made no comments about it.
Some people asked for This is not the last time, and he answered they are not singing it cause they didn't figure out an appropriate arrangement for a live performance.

I was intending to ask him at the M&G why he was not singing TMAIA - but forgot to do.

Does any of you know why he didn't sing TMAIA at any of his shows ?
Did any of you ask him about this ?
Did he sang it at any of the shows soundcheck ?

I'm so curious about it, cause he sang it at CFH and at Six Flags, so there isn't an arrangement problem with this like TINTLT - and the song sounds so beautiful live !!!

If someone has some info about it, please post here !!
Thanks !

Guest Guest
I heard somewhere that he said it's a very difficult song to sing live. I know that at the CFH, after singing that and TMO, he made a comment about how hard it was to do those two songs like that. (Can't remember the exact comment now, but I'm sure there is video.)

Yes, I remember hearing that he said TMAIA was very difficult to perform as well. And that they had just never learned TINTLT.

Thanks Stacy and Jeannie !!
It's a pity cause it's so beautiful live !!
I hope he could find a "new way" to sing it live - maybe changing the tone, or so !!! Fingers Crossed!!!

Chris, I remember at sound check in Phoenix, someone asked him to sing TINTLT and he said: we don't know it. then he laughed, and said I know. right? But at other sound checks people asked and he said it was too hard for him to sing. So it appears there is some sort of aversion to singing this song but not sure what it is. As far as TMAIA, I'm not sure. It isn't one of my favs so I never paid attention.

If I'm gonna ask him to sing that, I would vote for an acoustic one. I suppose that will work better for his vocal chords cause he won't strain it too much?

For a woman, TMAIA is incredibly hard to sing as is TINTLT, so I can only imagine what a strain it is on his voice. Those are songs that one simply cannot sing every night. Neither are really closing songs, so it's not like he could preserve his voice to end with those two.