Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

"Touch" - New TV show

Just watched the "preview" episode tonight after Idol and o.m.g. I'm in love with this show already. It may help that I was already way into the Fibonacci sequence to begin with, and the golden ratio which is derived from it. I use it all the time in my design because it really is the definition of natural beauty. Anyway, the mute, autistic kid in the show is obsessed with it and how it connects everyone in the world in a mystical way. Kiefer Sutherland stars and the guy who was the Man in Black in Lost is in it, too. Anyway, the way things came together near the end of this first episode literally brought me to tears it was so beautifully crafted. I can't wait to see what the series has in store.

Guest Guest
Oh, I meant to record this and forgot. Fortunately it's on Fox, and they put all their shows on our On Demand channel, so I'll be able to catch it on there.

I ment to DVR this but forgot and I have fox on Demand but it'snot on there yet

Guest Guest
It's up On Demand... at least on my On Demand channel.

I just watched it, and I really enjoyed it! Just sorry we have to wait until March 19th to get another episode.

I've heard of the Fibonacci sequence, although I don't know a lot about it... but I've always been fascinated by how you sometimes randomly meet someone and you just click, and by the idea that there are people we are meant to interact with for some reason. So this show is right up my alley.

The Fibonacci sequence, for those who haven't heard of it, is simple: you start with 1, then you add it to the number before it to get the next number in the sequence (#s of the sequence in yellow):

1+0= 1
1+1= 2
2+1= 3
3+2= 5
5+3= 8
8+5=13
13+8=21
21+13=34
34+21=55
etc.

The ratio of one number to the next is about 1.618
The ratio of one to the number before is about 0.618 which is cool.
The ratio is known as the golden ratio because there is just something about things that match that ratio that makes them what we consider beautiful, "right"-looking. A rectangle of that 1:1.618 ratio is known as the golden rectangle, which to our eye is the "perfect" shape a rectangle "should" be. I use the golden rectangle / ratio all the time in my architecture as many architects and artists have done for centuries.

Jeannie wrote:
It's up On Demand... at least on my On Demand channel.

I just watched it, and I really enjoyed it! Just sorry we have to wait until March 19th to get another episode.

I've heard of the Fibonacci sequence, although I don't know a lot about it... but I've always been fascinated by how you sometimes randomly meet someone and you just click, and by the idea that there are people we are meant to interact with for some reason. So this show is right up my alley.

I checked this morning and it was up on mine I watched it and liked it alot myself
and March 19th will be here before we know it

I really like this show. It stinks that we have to wait so long for another episode.

I can relate so much to Kiefer's character as the parent of a boy that I and almost everyone else struggle to understand and mine can talk.

once it does come on again i will probably set it to record on my DVR each week or waiting till the episodes are put up on demand like I did with this one since I already have a lot of shows I watch and my husband takes over the tv at times but we shall see

Guest Guest
I completely lost it when
Spoiler:

One of my friends missed it and asked me to tell her what happened in the show. It took twelve emails to get it out. LOL Love everything about it.

Digileach wrote:
I completely lost it when
Spoiler:

One of my friends missed it and asked me to tell her what happened in the show. It took twelve emails to get it out. LOL Love everything about it.

Oops I just now noticed this post in here! Yeah, I TOTALLY lost in then, too. And the tears did NOT let up as all the other dots finished connecting. I've never thought a TV show was truly beautiful before until this. It really caught me by surprise. The whole episode I didn't understand why all the separate storylines until the phone connected them all and then I thought that was it. Then BAM! I was a blubbering mess by the time the last dot connected.

seems they've switched it from mondays to thurdsays now the commericals are saying it will premiere on March 22 instead of the 19th

Guest Guest
Yes, they switched it with Bones. So for those who watch Bones (like me) it's moving to Mondays, and Touch will be on Thursdays right after Idol.

DAMN that's right it started tonight I totally forgot to set my DVR to record it looks like I will be waiting till it's up On Demand

OMG I loved the preview of this show and last week's episode was even better! It was completely amazing.

The ending was so powerful, I almost lost it. I can't wait to see what else they do with this show!

Guest Guest

WOW just saw what I think is the 2nd episode of the series! Love, love, love it! Here it's on Fox on Mondays. Hope I can see the Pilot somewhere!

Although I'm not a "numbers" person, lol, the concept of their relation to the universe and everything that's in it, is truly fascinating. And being the scifi nerd I am, lol, I don't have a doubt that mathematics would be the universal language that will allow us to communicate with any other intelligent species. Smile

Made, you HAVE to see the pilot, wherever you can find it online. Lori was saying she nearly lost it this last episode - I did too, and I COMPLETELY lost it at the end of the pilot.

Guest Guest
I knew there was something this past week I forgot to record. It's up on my On Demand channel though, so I'll have to catch it sometime this week.

OMG Made, I'm with Stacy. You MUST see the pilot! I actually liked the second episode better, but the entire pilot was a tear-jerker!

Guest Guest
The Fibonacci sequence, for those who haven't heard of it, is simple: you start with 1, then you add it to the number before it to get the next number in the sequence (#s of the sequence in yellow):

1+0= 1
1+1= 2
2+1= 3
3+2= 5
5+3= 8
8+5=13
13+8=21
21+13=34
34+21=55
etc.

The ratio of one number to the next is about 1.618
The ratio of one to the number before is about 0.618 which is cool.
The ratio is known as the golden ratio because there is just something about things that match that ratio that makes them what we consider beautiful, "right"-looking. A rectangle of that 1:1.618 ratio is known as the golden rectangle, which to our eye is the "perfect" shape a rectangle "should" be. I use the golden rectangle / ratio all the time in my architecture as many architects and artists have done for centuries.

Thank you for writing this out, Stacy. I've heard of the Fibonacci sequence but didn't really know what it was.

I've seen commercials for this show but yet I don't get the channel that's airing it. LOL Face Gonna have to look it up. Very Happy

Guest Guest

I've got the pilot!!! Watching it now Excited2

Guest Guest
I'll come back, promise! Just need to collect my thoughts after watching it. My goodness, so many things and emotions to process...

Guest Guest
I caught up on the latest episode yesterday. I love this show.

I actually still like last week's episode the best, but I'm still totally hooked!

"Once upon a time, there was an invisible knight who served the silent king. And together they helped people that didn't even know they were there."

Great The writers are bar none for this show.

Guest Guest
That line gave me chills. Seriously.

Guest Guest
They better not ever cancel this show. Seriously.

Digileach wrote:
They better not ever cancel this show. Seriously.

Agreed. I really want to see how they would choose to end the series!

Apparently I missed two episodes already, yikes! Must catch up!

I LOVE the taglines:
"What if fate is a formula?"
"What if coincidence is a calculation?"
"What if our lives are part of a pattern?"

I have to agree with you guys - I'm totally hooked. So far I've gotten 2 of my RL friends to start watching, and they are totally hooked now! LOL I love the fast pace of the show, and how the story lines start tidy, explode to the brink of chaos, then return to harmony at the end. Brilliant!

@pn112 wrote:
I love... how the story lines start tidy, explode to the brink of chaos, then return to harmony at the end. Brilliant!

This!

So I didn't catch last week's episode because I was in Rhode Island for a monumental occasion in my life that I wasn't aware of at the time ( Very Happy ) but I think it should be in the On Demand menu for me to watch.

How was it?

Um, it was another really good one, but I think I'd rather talk about your "monumental occasion" now that you have aroused my curiosity...
???
Tapping toe
Popcorn

Guest Guest

Psst - Stacy... check out her "Exciting News" thread in the Community Section. Wink

I agree, this was another good episode. I love the writing on this show. And it should be On Demand. At least it's on my On Demand.

Which episode did you all mean by "last week's"? I wanna know if I'm on track or should catch up.

Guest Guest

The most recent one was the episode with the red kite. That should be enough for you to know if you've seen it, without giving anything away. Wink

Wow tonight's episode really got to me. Definitely one of the best ones since the pilot for me.

Jeannie wrote:
The most recent one was the episode with the red kite. That should be enough for you to know if you've seen it, without giving anything away. Wink

Haha, thanks Smile then I'm on track & will need to watch yesterday's episode soo... um... in the near future Very Happy

The kite episode made me go "oooh, that could totally happen, yeah, how cool!" Wink

Stacy, me too! The guy who took the woman's place in Flight 975 was my favorite. His entire role in the episode really makes you wonder about fate.

Aw, shoot. Just watched the first few minutes and went "yayyy, Jake hugs his daddy" only to find out it was a dream, boo. Lol.

Might add some stuff later Very Happy

Guest Guest
I thought the two Asian women were sisters at first. LOL I loved this episode. I wasn't sure how she was going to fit in to all the connections... as usual, you just have to wait 'til the end. Geez... I'm really going to hate it when the season ends.

Guest Guest
Finally saw this latest episode, and I agree... it was a really good one. I loved all the tie-ins at the end.

My husband loves this show! He started watching it because of Jack Bauer I mean Keifer Sutherland, but he really likes it! I have to say I found it a bit too manipulative but I admit I have cried at least three times watching it.

I finally caught up with the two episodes I missed on Friday night! I'm still addicted to the show's concept.

Unfortunately, it appears to still be up in the air as to whether or not they're renewing it. The show has lost nearly half its viewers since the premiere. Very Sad