Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

9/18/13 - Austin, Texas - The Belmont

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the September 18, 2013, Austin, Texas The Belmont concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist:

Paper Heart
The Last Goodbye
Carry You
Heroes
Let Me Fall For You
Eyes On You
Wicked Game
Fade Into Me
Kiss and Tell
I'm Gonna Love You
Come Back To Me
Where Do We Go
Laying Me Low

Note that David lost his voice before this show, and had to head to an Urgent Care Clinic. He was late going on, and the city had a noise ordinance in place at 10:30. Those two factors explain the shorter set.

Guest Guest
Links to videos - with thanks to the videographers, who are named in the link.

Paper Heart

westernduckies1

Carry You

LightOnForCookie

Eyes On You

LightOnForCookie
naughtiest
westernduckies1

Wicked Game

naughtiest
westernduckies1

Fade Into Me

westernduckies1

Kiss and Tell

LightOnForCookie
naughtiest

I'm Gonna Love You

westernduckies1

Where Do We Go

LightOnForCookie

Laying Me Low

LightOnForCookie

Guest Guest
 austin10.jpg

Photo by crystal_rae11

austin11.jpg

Photo by Christy Hamilton

austin12.jpg

Photo by Eliza630

austin13.jpg

Photo by Crystal G

Guest Guest
VIP sound check tweet

Quote :
@MsCRC: Sound checked Carry You, Let Me Fall for you and I'm Gonna Love You.

Guest Guest
Quote :
@MsCRC: I told David that the response to the new songs has been extremely positive. He said he's very pleased and has been monitoring twitter too.

Guest Guest
I also saw Vonnie tweet she heard Circadian!

Guest Guest
Yes, I think she said that was during real sound check, not the VIP one.

MsCrc ‏@MsCRC 1h
David Cook Soundcheck Austin pic.twitter.com/atrw9nHtBj

Guest Guest
Thanks, Chris. It is very hard for mr to bring over pictures or videos on my iPad.

Guest Guest
Link for ustream... Thank you!

Dave should be on around 9:00 central (10:00 eastern)

USTREAM HERE

Guest Guest
Thanks, Chris, but so everyone knows, that is a cell cast, not a stream I believe.

Guest Guest
Quote :
@Janesixtytwo: Opener supposed to start at 8; sign on door said she's half hour, D at 9 and is supposed to be 90 minutes

Guest Guest
Quote :
@Janesixtytwo: Looks like 14 songs on set list including all the new ones, Wicked Game, LMFFY, paper Heart

Guest Guest

I am not listening to the stream as I have to go to bed soon, and I will get sucked in if I start. But from what I see on twitter, Dave is sick and losing his voice. However, twitter reports are that he still sounds good while singing.

Also reports that there are a lot of young people and couples in the crowd. Great last night reportedly also had a lot of guys in attendance.

Guest Guest
Quote :
@Janesixtytwo: David said he just went to dr & doesn't know what happened but he suddenly doesn't have much voice - but he sounds good to me!

Quote :
@LaverneTX: DC wasn't sick last night, but he did ask twice for throat drops. He wasn't chewing gum like normal either. Also, he told me he had blown

Quote :
@LaverneTX: His voice out in rehearsals the prior week and had to go on vocal rest for a few days. Sickness can come on quick when stressed. Poor guy!

SETLIST
1. Paper Heart
2. The Last Goodbye
3. Carry You
4. Heroes
5. Let Me Fall for You
6. Eyes on You
7. Wicked Game
8. Fade Into Me
9. Kiss and Tell
10. I'm Gonna Love You
11. Come Back to Me
12. Where Do We Go
13. Laying Me Low

Poor David, I had thought his voice sounded weak on that vine last week when he said "first day of rehearsals..."

I heard that according to Nick Gibson he received a steroid shot to address this yesterday, and it worked at the beginning of the last tour. Fingers crossed for him.

Guest Guest
I forgot how much I love his voice.

Guest Guest
Updated the first few posts of this thread with some pictures and video links. Enjoy!