Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

got carried away

well thought I would do a few little  jobs on the bike, polish exhaust back up,bit of paintwork, plugs ect, new seals in carbs, the bike has been using a bit more oil than I thought was right for the milage. so pulls off carbs looks into inlet port and the back of intake valves is covered in baked on oil which is a sure sign of valve seal leakage well they probably the origonals so are 22 years old so gonna be a bit crispy now.
you can do them with the engine in but its pretty awkward so seing as I already had the rad and exhaust off I thought I might as well just drop the motor out.
so while I'm on I think I will pull the head off to do job properly and also give it a mild porting job too.
should get seals and gaskets next week, will keep me occupied for a while.

@haveugot1 wrote:
jawopw  what ya like. Can i drop mine off for upgrades thumbs

lol, best get your fueling map sorted for this year m8 or you'll be getting some more stonechips. Laughing

affraidaffraid Bloody hell Ian you don't do things in half measures do you? affraidaffraid
I've been putting off spraying my forks and swinging arm for two years....... Shocked
Be good to get it back together mate! thumbs

least you know she'll be reet when you get her back together , if not mike might lend you the 500 Laughingthumbs

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
jawopw  what ya like. Can i drop mine off for upgrades thumbs

lol, best get your fueling map sorted for this year m8 or you'll be getting some more stonechips. Laughing

Good brakes now so i can brake later and youll be spraying her lol

stripped and pulled the head off today, got to see my friendly mechanic to borrow his spring compressor to get the valves out so should get started on the porting next week sometime.

unfortunately I can't proceed with mine at the moment cos I'm getting fecked about by the company I ordered a porting kit off 2 weeks ago tried ringing, emailing and contacting him thru his website and paypal, totally ignored all them" t**t."
now I have to wait another 10 days for him to respond to paypal before I can get my money or the product turns up. feckin hate getting pissed about by arseholes.
I would buy another kit elsewhere if I knew what the fook this guy intends.
the company is called Headportingsupplies.co.uk I would not use them if I was you .
head banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead bang

@madcarper wrote:
unfortunately I can't proceed with mine at the moment cos I'm getting fecked about by the company I ordered a porting kit off 2 weeks ago tried ringing, emailing  and contacting him thru his website and paypal, totally ignored all them" t**t."
now I have to wait another 10 days for him to respond to paypal before I can get my money or the product turns up. feckin hate getting pissed about by arseholes.
I would buy another kit elsewhere if I knew what the fook this guy intends.
the company is called  Headportingsupplies.co.uk  I would not use them if I was you .
head bang  head bang  head bang  head bang  head bang  head bang  head bang  head bang
I would be pissed off too Ian angryangry

The company is marked down as "Proposal to Strike Off" as well.

First Notification Of Strike-off Action In London Gazette (section 652)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08742698

By the looks of things, this would be the third time his setup as a LTD company for something and got out of it fast. Not doing bad for a 31 year old Mr Szymanski!

Nice house as well.. Wonder how he managed it Clicky

@fr499y wrote:
The company is marked down as "Proposal to Strike Off" as well.

First Notification Of Strike-off Action In London Gazette (section 652)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08742698

By the looks of things, this would be the third time his setup as a LTD company for something and got out of it fast. Not doing bad for a 31 year old Mr Szymanski!

Nice house as well.. Wonder how he managed it Clicky

cheers m8, it never crossed my mind to check out the company, first time I have had any bother buying off the net. at least I paid by paypal so should have a chance of them taking my money back of him. suppose I could always pop round and put his windows out.

sorry to hear that m8 - open a case with paypal they'll see in your favour thumbs

Not good mate. Sounds like this guy has firm for this. Hopefully it all gets sorted. But you can't get the time back!! What a w censored r

well got the bike back together a couple of weeks ago and been playing about with the fueling again trying to get it spot on bike is booked into advanced exhausts beginning of may to get a reworked and better flowing link pipe made but my little bit of porting and fueling adjustments seems to have made a bit of difference to acceleration, hits a bit harder now and tries to slide you of the back of the bike so I'm a happy bunny. just need some more new tyres Sad  and some warm weather.
pic of ported head.

Nice one m8 , try some Bridgestone 23's ian best tyres ive had there sports touring but more sport and they stick like shit to a blanket also long lasting thumbsthumbs

cheers dick I have been using contiroad attacks and quite fancy trying a set of contisport attacks next.

@madcarper wrote:
cheers dick I have been using contiroad attacks and quite fancy trying a set of contisport attacks next.

- I've used the contimotions before and thought they were alright and heard a few good reviews for the sports thumbs