Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Team DC

carry you

so what does everyone think of this song?
i love this song i keep listening to it over and over again i cant get enough Melt

Guest Guest

I also love it! Heart Very sweet!

Guest Guest

I love it so much!

Last summer, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. She was 92 at the time. While she has made a full recovery now and is doing well and cancer-free, she had a rough time following the surgery. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it for a few days there. One night, she was really bad, and I left the hospital convinced she would be gone before morning. I was driving home, crying, and thinking that I couldn't take anymore... That I couldn't get through this. And suddenly, in my head, I heard David's voice, singing this song. (Which I had heard him do several times in concert.) I suddenly felt calm, and realized that whatever happened, I would get through it... My family and friends would carry me through whatever happened. Carry You was my go to song for the rest of her recovery.

I got a chance to tell Dave that story at a M&G last August. He listened, and grabbed me and gave me the biggest bear hug, while telling me that he was so glad the song helped. He made me promise to tell my mom that he said to kick cancer's ass. It was a very special moment for me, one that I will never forget.

So yeah, I love this song, and I was thrilled when the track list came out and it was on there. Awww Love

Jennie that's an awesome story about David. I'm so glad your mom is OK. Davids music has helped me a lot too.I've had a rough couple years. Between both my grandmothers deaths, my aunts, my gradfathers, and my little cousins. But the one thing that helped me threw it was listing to David's music. I honestly cant sit and listen to permanent with out balling my eyes out every time.

Guest Guest

It's amazing how your mother recovered at such an old age, Jeannie! There's not doubt in my mind that family and friends love and support allows us to get through the toughest patches in our lives, TeamDC and Jeannie.

David's music has something special and inspiring about it, as lots of us have experienced. I think that knowing the music comes from such a sensible and caring person also helps make the connection deeper Smile

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
I love it so much!

Last summer, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. She was 92 at the time. While she has made a full recovery now and is doing well and cancer-free, she had a rough time following the surgery. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it for a few days there. One night, she was really bad, and I left the hospital convinced she would be gone before morning. I was driving home, crying, and thinking that I couldn't take anymore... That I couldn't get through this. And suddenly, in my head, I heard David's voice, singing this song. (Which I had heard him do several times in concert.) I suddenly felt calm, and realized that whatever happened, I would get through it... My family and friends would carry me through whatever happened. Carry You was my go to song for the rest of her recovery.

I got a chance to tell Dave that story at a M&G last August. He listened, and grabbed me and gave me the biggest bear hug, while telling me that he was so glad the song helped. He made me promise to tell my mom that he said to kick cancer's ass. It was a very special moment for me, one that I will never forget.

So yeah, I love this song, and I was thrilled when the track list came out and it was on there. Awww Love

This is beautiful, Jeannie. So touching when things like this happen. Thanks for sharing with us. I'll listen to the song in a new vein now. Hug