Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankeedoodle

my bandit 1200

just a teeny weeny update. forks are straight. my mate helped me give the legs a wiggle in the yokes and everything has straightened up. im so relieved!

anyway, been painting my window clutch cover that ive had for a while.

used some nitromors to strip off all the old paint. first time ive used it, and its great. i applied it with a paintbrush, waited a few minutes and simply wiped the paint off!!

applied a couple of coats of PJ1 satin black (as used on my engine block) and it now looks like this. the finish isnt perfect as theres some imperfections in the metal itself. I will see what it looks like when the paint has dried. if it doesnt look great then ill strip the paint back off and smooth out the metal with a bit of metal filler or something

still undecided whether to polish the outer ring. It would look quite nice in contrast to the black casing, but it would also look nice and stealthy all black with just stainless bolts. decisions decisions

meanwhile, im trying to design a suitable electrics tray and side panels. it isnt an easy job because what works well doesnt look great, and vice versa. so im trying to reach some sort of compromise.

also a pic of ideas im having about side panels. these panels are gonna be fitted to close the gap in the subframe where the original R6 seat plastics would have been (dont forget im using mismatched R6 subframe and plastics) these panels will also protect all the electrics/battery etc. just need to design them properly so i can get some made up, but this is the rough kinda thing

Looking good and taking your time means perfection just ask my hubby he has been doing his project for a long long time now Sleep

Looking good keep up the good work, when you hopeing to have her finished by thumbsVery Happy

@Stue11 wrote:
Looking good keep up the good work, when you hopeing to have her finished by thumbsVery Happy

sometime before the bus pass arrives hide

lookin good though

thanks guys. need to get her finished in the next few months so I can ride it this summer. plenty of jobs left to do which isnt a problem, but still gotta buy discs, speedo, braided lines and a few other bits so its all about the ££££££

looking good matt thumbs

like the swinger & the arse end-will be a good lookin bike when if it ever gets finished Very Happy

not much to report guys. been pretty slack over xmas, but got some jobs to be cracking on with now. So will be sorting the footpeg and caliper brackets out this month

only thing ive really got to show is my new speedo ;D

massive thanks to my mate joe for ordering this for me. Ordered it yesterday lunchtime and arrived this morning. Very chuffed with it

not much to report guys. been pretty slack over xmas, but got some jobs to be cracking on with now. So will be sorting the footpeg and caliper brackets out this month

massive thanks to my mate joe for ordering this for me. Ordered it yesterday lunchtime and arrived this morning. Very chuffed with it
Bloodyhell Matt thats small, i wouldnt be able to see it Laughing nice though ile give ya that thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

Bloodyhell Matt thats small, i wouldnt be able to see it Laughing nice though ile give ya that thumbs

agree

thanks guys. it looks great and its so small that it wont disrupt any of the lines on my bike. so now the front end can stay tidy! wouldnt have a headlight if I didnt have to have one Very Happy