Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

WARNING:fraudulent online supplier

Just found this on another forum I frequent.

Warning to all fraudulent online supplier
I posted recently about a web-site offering 10% off brake lines.... DO NOT SHOP THERE.

I am unlucky enough (after 20 years of online shopping) to have been caught out by my first online fraud / scam.

The web site www.brake-lines.co.uk use the echex system to take money from your account, but they do not respond to e-mail and the phone number listed on the site does not connect / reports a fault / gives number unobtainable faults.

Lesson learned here but I am not 98.00 down and feeling a bit cheesed off about it !!

While investigating the company / site I have now found a few reports of this being a scam site. I am looking at how / where to report this to try and get them shut down.

Guest Guest
Just found this on another forum I frequent.

Warning to all fraudulent online supplier
I posted recently about a web-site offering 10% off brake lines.... DO NOT SHOP THERE.

I am unlucky enough (after 20 years of online shopping) to have been caught out by my first online fraud / scam.

The web site www.brake-lines.co.uk use the echex system to take money from your account, but they do not respond to e-mail and the phone number listed on the site does not connect / reports a fault / gives number unobtainable faults.

Lesson learned here but I am not 98.00 down and feeling a bit cheesed off about it !!

While investigating the company / site I have now found a few reports of this being a scam site. I am looking at how / where to report this to try and get them shut down.

Trading Standards should be your first port of call. Thats a Shame Alan, easy to do though. Bastards may they burn in a hell if there is one!!

Yeah it's not me that's been burnt-I can't afford new brake lines Very Happy but it's worth posting as a caveat to others. Let's be careful out there! Smile

Yeah it's not me that's been burnt-I can't afford new brake lines Very Happy but it's worth posting as a caveat to others. Let's be careful out there! Smile
Good on ya ile post it to family and friends and warn them, the more we tell the less theyll gain thumbs

Good work ppl. For all I know it may be a kosher site having an off day, but it certainly pays to be careful. thumbs

Guest Guest
well
1) 20 years of internet shopping? Um, I don't think so mate. Online shopping isn't that old.
2) brake lines for 98 (£?) you can get them cheaper than that off the shelf!
3) any online shop should have a contact address on it somewhere, no address, then no business from me.

there's similar threads on the evo and clio forums. you pay by credit/debit card via that system, therefore your transactions are still covered under your credit card protection... so if you've been scammed, you can still get your credit card to reimburse you. still, it sucks, the website looks kosher... trading standards definitely would want to know about this and so would the website server host cos it's fraud and it should be taken off.