Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Motor Insurance watch it another new Law

There was a plan to make every vehicle constantly insured Sorn or not but it fell through.The classic car people did a major campaign against it.
It was argued that a box of bits in your garage was insured already by the house insurance.
They won the day for now and only vehicles not sorned have to be insured on the road or off it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Motorinsurance/DG_186696

Very useful info and well worth taking the time to read the link thumbs

I agree hubby sorns his bikes every year so will be keeping an eye on this

@suzukijax wrote:
I agree hubby sorns his bikes every year so will be keeping an eye on this

Me too sorn mine every winter but do always keep it insured.
But thats my choice,
Soon we wont have the freedom of choice for anything, 1984 Big Brother and all that.

It's been around quite some time has this. When I was a MAG rep it was quite a big deal and finally it's been slipped in. TBH not a massive issue if you're happy to comply with the law but it does leave the forgetful open to further muggings. Smile

I nearly fell foul of this one earlier this year,i decided to change my car and figured i would get a better deal selling my old car privatly so i went out and bought this new car and advertised my old car on ebay.obviously it took a couple of weeks to sell but I had the dilemma of either declare it sorn and not be able to offer potential buyers a test drive or not declare it sorn and hope i dont get a knock on the door from the rozzers who would no doubt throw the full weight of the law at me while the bloke down the road was having his house burgled and being murdered.

WTF? So if you have a car or bike on private land but it happens to have tax on it, then it has to be insured???

ITCHY wrote:
WTF? So if you have a car or bike on private land but it happens to have tax on it, then it has to be insured???

Yep. Simples Smile Basically now you can't have one without the other.