Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Drive Chain clean and lube

First,Every year I read of people loosing bits of fingers becouse they lubericate the chain with the bike running in gear on the center stand and then spend the rest of the day down hospital have surgery DON'T DO IT!!! It will end in
Sad
You might need to do this to.
Time to drag the bike out after a winter of doing nothing.
First I took a look at the new DID Chain and sprockets I fitted just before the end of last summer and to my supprise RUST on the rollers!
So I spent the afternoon cleaning my chain checking the adjustment and then Lubricating with Castrol lube.It might be an idea just to check the soft link wile your at it.

Good advice Gaz but when the likes of me that suffer from OCD i check mine before and after every rideout at the weekends Laughingthumbsthumbsthumbs

Chain drive Sad theres a lot to be said about shaft drive thumbs None this messing about,

Nice post Gaz...I have some Castrol Wax in a similar tin like you'res above, it's cracking stuff, I tend to clean my chain with paraffin then wax it then oil thumbs

I switched to dry lube when i had new chain and sprockets this time last year, you get no shit (it dont turn into grinding paste)and i didnt have to ajust the chain in 3000 miles thumbs i will never go back to the old way , well only on my BSA

nice reminder,like stu im slightly obsessed about chain maintenance,ive lost count of all the lube types ive tried but i reckon i should be sponsered by motul thumbs

Your so right a guy I worked with chopped the end of his thumb down off with the chain, the bike was on the centre stand on his drive “which was sopped” he grabbed the chain as the bike moved and spent the rest of the day in A&E! Shocked

We only kept giving him the thumbs up for a year or two any more time would have been insensitive. Laughing

My old ZRX12s had a chain I just put a Scottoiler kit on it, bit of messing about at first but soon go it working just fine, need adjusting in the winter and again in the summer but I never had any issues with it.

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

Your so right a guy I worked with chopped the end of his thumb down off with the chain, the bike was on the centre stand on his drive “which was sopped” he grabbed the chain as the bike moved and spent the rest of the day in A&E! Shocked

We only kept giving him the thumbs up for a year or two any more time would have been insensitive. Laughing

My old ZRX12s had a chain I just put a Scottoiler kit on it, bit of messing about at first but soon go it working just fine, need adjusting in the winter and again in the summer but I never had any issues with it.

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect
you mean like this , and this someone I knew on another forum affraid