Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wellsey

I cant believe My bad luck

Cant believe My bad luck...
Car broke down at work yesterday and cant for the life of me work out what it is. But I thought to Myself Its not a big problem I can commute the twenty mile trip on My bike so last night when i finished work after getting the train home. I thought Ill fill it with fuel.

onl to find a bloody great nail in the rear tyre. Now Ive got a car stuck at work and a bike stuck at home And a new tyre is needed with a price tag of 140 quid and as for the car 80 quid to get it home and whatever the bill is going to be to fix it...And to make it worse dont get paid till the end of the month and Ive already maxed my credit card.....WHY ME?

Hi what car and what happerns when you turn the key apart from the fact it dont start dose the engine turn over?

Yeah I'm with XS....give us some clues and we may be able to help and save you some pennies thumbs

thats a bad start to the week,hope you get it fettled.

@wellsey wrote:
Car broke down at work yesterday and cant for the life of me work out what it is. But I thought to Myself Its not a big problem I can commute the twenty mile trip on My bike so last night when i finished work after getting the train home. I thought Ill fill it with fuel.

onl to find a bloody great nail in the rear tyre. Now Ive got a car stuck at work and a bike stuck at home And a new tyre is needed with a price tag of 140 quid and as for the car 80 quid to get it home and whatever the bill is going to be to fix it...And to make it worse dont get paid till the end of the month and Ive already maxed my credit card.....WHY ME?

Because I've had more than my share! Very Happy

It will come right mate honest. As for tyres, get yourself a Maxxis from DK, cheap as chips. Or get yours repaired for a tenner or so. I've had two or three done no probs. thumbs

@wellsey wrote:

Because I've had more than my share! Very Happy

It will come right mate honest. As for tyres, get yourself a Maxxis from DK, cheap as chips. Or get yours repaired for a tenner or so. I've had two or three done no probs. thumbs
mmmm Know what Your saying s jack but having it plugged will always be on my mind as im riding

Trust me Wellsey I've done thousands of miles on a plug with absolutely no problem. If it keeps you going till payday it's worth a punt, but I'd have no qualms running a plugged tyre to the end of it's life. Too many ppl allow themselves to be controlled by fear-you're playing into the hands of the tyre salesman IMHO. Smile

Trust me Wellsey I've done thousands of miles on a plug with absolutely no problem. If it keeps you going till payday it's worth a punt, but I'd have no qualms running a plugged tyre to the end of it's life. Too many ppl allow themselves to be controlled by fear-you're playing into the hands of the tyre salesman IMHO. Smile
Wellsey i repair bike tyres most days once plugged there fine if its in the centre of the tread and not near the sidewall then it can be repaired, if you lived closer mate id repair for ya FOC thumbsthumbsthumbs

Took Your advise S Jack and got it plugged today and the man said You will not have any problems with that its 100% safe and it cost Me 20 quid Very Happy

@wellsey wrote:

Took Your advise S Jack and got it plugged today and the man said You will not have any problems with that its 100% safe and it cost Me 20 quid Very Happy

Good result
thumbs

Nice one Wellsey-like I said if it only gets you to payday or whenever you can afford a new tyre it's worth a punt. I'd stick with it myself and get the use from the tyre. thumbs