Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
day101

How much would it cost at a garage?

in a previous thread put about fork seals leaking im umming and arring about doing it and cant work out to give it a go or not. how much would it set me back taking it to a garage roughly??

between 60-80 i would say when ive had stanrd type forks cost me £60, and 4 sets of USD's which cost between 60 to 80. and thats if it sjust seals if bushers its even more looikng at same price per a side not pair so almost double it

my local suzi center charge £150 to change fork seals Shocked so i did my own,easier than you think thumbs

Take your forks off yourself, supply your own oil and seals, take em to your garage and they should charge you no more than an hours labour, bout £60. thumbs

Take your forks off yourself, supply your own oil and seals, take em to your garage and they should charge you no more than an hours labour, bout £60. thumbs

makes good sense rob thumbs

If only me and Day101 lived closer Rob we would strip em down and pay you to do them Very Happythumbs

cost me £20 the pair when I had em done (was supposed to be £20 each though). I supplied oil and seals which was about £20.

after ringing around im gunna have a go doing them my self cant afford the prices of the garages, can some one help me in the right direction first, is there any special tools i need for the job so i can buy them.

No special tools required IF you do it in the right order, which is....
1. Just crack the top nut while the legs are still in the yokes, much easier to hold,not slip etc but just a touch as you don't want to lose tension in the forks at all.
2.With the forks still fully tensioned remove the allen headed damper rod bolt that is recessed right underneath at the bottom of the forks.
If you don't do it that way the bolt just spins and you need the tool to hold it on the inside.
Just follow the manual and you'll be fine but make sure you get the Suzuki OE seals, aftermarket ones can be crap and leak in a short time, best to do them the once with the proper seals for next to no difference in price..

bezzer is right only thing i would add is you have to take the front wheel out and take the spindle bolts right out otherwise you cant get at the bottom allen key. thumbs

Thanks everyone for the advise given as i dare say i will be helping him out in the next couple of days, much appreciated thumbs

Guest Guest

undo top yoke clamp abit first to remove tension on top nut thumbs
then as Bezzer said