Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Lorry legend Stobart dies

RIP. 56 and multi millionaire.
what can you say I'm fat and 53 and skint makes you wonder

It seems that nowadays, life expectancy is directly related to job success - if you have a shitty, low paid, low responsibility job - you'll live forever! but if you're a high flier with shed loads of cash and all the worlds responsibilities on your shoulders - you'll live just long enough to say to yourself one day - "bugger me - I'm rich!" then you'll cark it Sad

56 is no age at all - makes you wonder if all this stress is worth it!

RIP Eddie

RIP, yeah was it worth it but his family name will live on for years and thats something not alot people have.

r.i.p yeah no age and didnt live too far away from me.

Just to make a few things clear . . .

Eddie didn't create Eddie Stobart, his dad did. Eddie was actually Eddie Jnr.

Eddie wasn't born with a silver spoon in his gob, his dad had them all working hard as soon as they could walk, Eddie was simply the oldest.

Eddie inherited his dads legacy & built it up to be a reasonably sized transport 'Co despite the fact that several family members were employed on a 'gravy train' basis.

Eddie, both Snr & Jnr, was a good 'un, real oldskool gents who took time to talk to everyone & treat them on an equal basis.

The transport monstrosity that we know today as Eddie Stobarts is actually fronted by his younger brother William, along with a business partner who is both the money & brains man.

The whole lot is 55% owned by Tesco's !

I never met Snr but I knew Eddie Jnr quite well, I wouldn't piss on William if he were on fire yet I still consider myself a humanitarian type person !