Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

visor tear offs

Guest Guest
any body seen those plastic tear off things you can get for youre visor? locing this sunny weather but the flies are real pain in the arse and render me almost blind when i hit a bee or similer so thinking about using those tear off things so i dont have to stop evrey 3 and half minutes to clean off the remains of suicidal insects.

also while im on the subject of sunny weather why o why does it bring out the pilloks riding there horses 2 a breast on the wrong side of the dam road!!! there dam big things and i feel i would come off worse so i really dont fancy coming round a bend to find this kinda thing. mini rant over.

Depends what helmet you've got as they are specific fit for each one so you don't pull one and lose the rest. Be expensive if you used them regularly as well. Dunno if you can get general fit ones but wouldn't think they'd be much use.Got a mate who clingfilms his and just rips it off when shitty Very Happy , you only get the one chance though of course. I always carry a tiny plastic bottle of water and a couple of pieces of kitchen roll to clean it as and when.

Just shove some baby wipes under your seat or in your pocket and some tissues

@suzukijax wrote:
Just shove some baby wipes under your seat or in your pocket and some tissues

we still talking about the same thing?

I use glasses wipes, I get them from wilko's or aldi and just keep a slack handful in my jacket pocket or under the seat, they work well enough for me - I know it means stopping every so often to clean up, but over the years I've found this to be the most practical solution - tear-offs tend to become an expensive solution as you rip one off, and within seconds a bumble bee commits hara-kiri on the clean one - and you can't just dump tear-offs when you remove them like they do on the race track - if there's a policeman watching you'll find yourself being done for littering as happened to someone I knew - and I don't agree with it myself either, there's enough sh*t dumped on our roads by others as it is!! Very Happy

Guest Guest
nice ideas guys but im kinda after a quick solution you dont have to pull over for, hence the tear off idea, but yeh i can see it being expensive. o well will ro the baby wipe idea for a bit and see how i get on. thanks peeps.

Be careful Airlock if you use tearoffs you cant rip em of and dump them whilst riding youll get done for littering thumbs

I have a damp sponge tucked between the screen and the clocks when i get splatted just reach for it and wipe em off them tuck the sponge back
however I am not suggesting that you try this as reaching for a sponge could cause you to lose control of the bike. Shocked I take no responsibility for this result
also polish your visor well and they come off easier

Soooooo many jokes to be had with those answers, I don't know where to start Very Happy