Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aspy

trip to scotland

4 days 1400miles some of the best roads and scenery i have ever seen thumbs

Excellent pics mate and you picked a good week weather wise thumbs

Nice one mate. Scotland takes a bit of beating as long as the weather holds. and speaking of scenery, nice ZZR14 in the ONLY colour Very Happy

Great pics and you have had the best week weather wise thumbs we are going on Friday for a couple of days but the weather according to the tv is going to be pants Sad

we went last weds and got back sat night,up to gretna then across to ayr then past glasgow past loch lomond up to near the top of loch ness, dunandracon(sorry about the spelling) campsite there at borrum farm£5.50 a night, thurs day went to john o groats through inverness then wick, then back to the campsite, fri headed across north of sky down to the sky bridge then round sky. the black zzr got a stone through the rad. and was towed home by the AA.back to the camp site we went then across to stirling then home saturday. 1400 miles and £230 of petrol! the weather was great and the roads and scenery amazing thumbs

a stone kills the zzr Sad

great pics,theres some stunning roads north of the border thumbs

@darkember wrote:
Hope the ZZR is better

£600 for a new rad!! he got it repaired today for £50 Smile

BTW Aspy I'd be interested to know what luggage system your mate with the green 1400 has. Kawasaki will only supply panniers OR topcase. They claim it's unsafe to have three boxes on. Load of bollox but there you are. Be a pal & find out please. Smile

i know they are givi boxes with a standard plate for the top box. the rack for the panniers is not a permanent fixture, the just clip on and off then your boxes clip to them. i know he has altered the pannier rack ststem to bring the boxes closer to the bike has it was wide at the back as standard. when i see him il ask more about them and let you know

@aspy wrote:
i know they are givi boxes with a standard plate for the top box. the rack for the panniers is not a permanent fixture, the just clip on and off then your boxes clip to them. i know he has altered the pannier rack ststem to bring the boxes closer to the bike has it was wide at the back as standard. when i see him il ask more about them and let you know

What a player. This is a bike I still hanker after so need to know what I can do to ruin the looks affraid (one for you Stue) Cheers me man thumbsthumbs