Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Tyres

Im due a pair of tyres so my Q, to u is;
maxxis sport
or
bridgestone 023? scratchscratch

mitchelin roads. if you after cheap the road 1's are good that what i have. poped a wheelie in the wet by mistake once, atrum_soul couldnt believe his eyes lol.

maxxis seem good, but i went for the bigger name when i had choice between the two,

before my bike had mitchelin, and didnt like them

[qu ote="haveugot1"]B12 mk1 m8. why would you chose them?[/quote] yeah id go for the maxxis too mate in my 13 years of tyre fitting ive found that the b/stones wear unevanly and end up causing chatter on the front end

got bridgestone 021 on and they are ok not as good as the 020 so thought might have a change but would like to know if anyone has them and what they think?

everyone seems to be liking the maxxis sport touring tyres ill be giving them a go next time theyre due and have you seen the price ;very cheap can get a pair fitted to my 1250for less than £130 thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
B12 mk1 m8. why would you chose them?

I asked about your bike because very many people buy sports tyres for bikes that really won't put them to best use, and I'd suggest a B12 is such a bike. I'd go for the sport touring setup at a fair bit less cost. They work spot on with my ZZR1200 and look like they'll last pretty well too. thumbs

everyone seems to be liking the maxxis sport touring tyres ill be giving them a go next time theyre due and have you seen the price ;very cheap can get a pair fitted to my 1250for less than £130 thumbs

Thats cheap where from?
Found them at west gate rd for £157 pair plus fitting £12

if you want a good set of dual compound tyres which are good on bigger bikes you cant go wrong with the dunlop road smarts got them on my xjr 1300 really good thumbs

@onslow wrote:
if you want a good set of dual compound tyres which are good on bigger bikes you cant go wrong with the dunlop road smarts got them on my xjr 1300 really good thumbs

How much for the pair m8?

got the maxis on mine and will be replacing with the same when these are worn out, which could take a while going on how they wear

Like ive said on most tyre threads, ive fitted more than i can remember... one customer will love a paticular brand and the next will hate them, my advise is just try a brand and see for yourself thumbs mine are due soon and im also not sure, might go for the pirelli corsa 111 or take a punt on the new maxxis diamonds thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Like ive said on most tyre threads, ive fitted more than i can remember... one customer will love a paticular brand and the next will hate them, my advise is just try a brand and see for yourself thumbs mine are due soon and im also not sure, might go for the pirelli corsa 111 or take a punt on the new maxxis diamonds thumbs

True stue everyone to their own but a general feel sends u in the right direction thumbs

hunters motorcycles on westgate road were £114 plus £6 each fitting last year

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

True stue everyone to their own but a general feel sends u in the right direction thumbs
I know what ya saying mate agree with that, i havent heard anyone dislike the maxxis of late thumbs they are selling well.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

As I'm always telling the wife.

Maxxis mate-cheap and they have more capability than you do thumbs

Everyone says the bridgestone last well but ive ripped my rear to bits in only 2000miles.
So maybe time for something new. thumbs

Update on the tyres..

I went for maxxis diamond tourers and been for a spin and they are fookin brilliant thumbs , miles better for cornering and they blow the bridgestones out the water partypartythumbsthumbs