• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Bloody bar end nut !!!

Guest Guest

Ok I’ve screwed up.
Was taking my bar ends off and now right hand nut is inside somewhere
and can’t put the bolt back on the thread.
Is this going to be a take off the bars to get the nut back in place?

Bloody hope not but will see how crap the ride to work is
tomorrow (wish I had not started to play with bike at 23:30 at night !!! )

doubt you will notice any difference,Get some greese on the end of a wire coat hanger and fish the nut out will stick to the greese or a run a magnet along the bars or leave it and use another nut the one in the bars ant going nowhere.or Sad

Guest Guest

I can't see how I'm going to get another nut in there without stripping it down. Sad

bit of old cable, table lamp lawn mower whatever, stick it in one end and push it through, worked for me.

Chuck um away and fill the bars with expandable foam :)out of a can thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
Chuck um away and fill the bars with expandable foam :)out of a can thumbs
scratchscratchscratch .... you had jls on the radio didnt you when doing the job.... Shocked

Take other bar end weight off, dont drop this nut, Very Happy then use a compresser to blow it out, be ready on the other end when it shoots out. thumbs

Guest Guest

Thanks for all these ideas but the hole is so small I must have to strip it down. Sad

you dont have to remove the bar end bolt to get the ends off mate just slacken them and if you remove the clamps you can tip the bars enough so the nut rattles out ;not that ive ever done the same thing EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed

Hawki wrote:
Thanks for all these ideas but the hole is so small I must have to strip it down. Sad

post picture I think you still have the wedge/s still inside the bars

i understand the ruibber block is still in there? get something hoocked, and yank it out. if being a bummer try abit of heat but you dont wana bow the bars. that only down side to that.

i had to get rubber out of mine once, wd-40 down there and bent a screwdriver to pull it out.

@XS1100 wrote:
Hawki wrote:

post picture I think you still have the wedge/s still inside the bars
agree

Guest Guest
i understand the ruibber block is still in there? get something hoocked, and yank it out. if being a bummer try abit of heat but you dont wana bow the bars. that only down side to that.

i had to get rubber out of mine once, wd-40 down there and bent a screwdriver to pull it out.

Chad you were spot on.

Well basically when I had a go at the bar ends I had a bit to drink...so I had a look again last night at about 23:30 when I was not so drunk thumbs (tip to self leave messing with bike until the weekends and when not drinking)

So here is some pics and what happened:

This was what I could see when looking in the bar:

Video:

This one came out with a little forcing with a m8 bolt and I could get the little chap out causing so much trouble:

Chucked the new one in a bit sloppy as I did not have the correct bits but it looks ok:

Next one was a right bar censored stool...so screwed in some M8 thread I had with a cordless drill as far as I could get it:

Made a slide hammer:

and got the bugger out thumbs (do you like the slippers fofl)

Then bodged in the new bar end:

YERRRRRRR! Chad take all the credit lol Smile

Congrats on the success. But have you noticed how everyone has suggestions on how to do it, but they've never actually had the same problem, it's always "the mate of a mate" foflfoflfofl

Congrats on the success. But have you noticed how everyone has suggestions on how to do it, but they've never actually had the same problem, it's always "the mate of a mate" foflfoflfofl
Laughing