Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tzrpete

question regarding my fuel tap

hi there i have a fuel tap leaking from the control knob i have two of the same taps and i was wondering it i fit the seals from the other to "double up2 would it work as a temp till i can get a seal kit for it?

Hang on in there mate im sure someone on here will tell ya soon, i havent a clue mate sorry.

im sure rob might be able to help . he will be on later thumbs

cant ya just fit one of the other taps?

i would advise you buy a cheap seal kit and do it properly if the seals are well used even if you double up it maybe not great a idea

where fuel is involved i would take no shortcuts. for the time its gonna take, you may as well fit new seals and do it properly.

@jezza wrote:
where fuel is involved i would take no shortcuts. for the time its gonna take, you may as well fit new seals and do it properly.

agree

Get new seals m8, doubled up they will proberbly still not seat and seal properly, petrol is very searching. thumbs

yh tried to double up the seal but the pressure was too tight to move the tap so i just bent the spring washer slightly to give it more pressure that work ok till i put 4 litres of petty in tank then it leaked again from tap gave the tap a whack to push it in and it pissed out the carb overflow lol so will get new seal kit and and whilst i'm at it gotta replace the crank seals as i noticed my gearbox oil is disappearing nd no leaks from engine

Have u got separate gearbox & engine oil?? What bike have u got??

@darkember wrote:

must be a stroker.

@darkember wrote:

A Yamaha TZR125 2 stroke bike in my display pic