Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

Gear indicators

Just abit of advice really.

Ive been looking at a gear indicator for my mk1 bandit 600. Reason being i often go down to much into 1st instead of 2nd mainly and then have to change back up, bit of an anoying habbit so thought of getting a gear indicator to solve this. only thing is all i can find is datatool, and acumate ones which are only for digital speedo's, but mines cable.

does this mean i have to get a digi speedo to solve this? scratch or can i get one which doesnt need the digi speedo

datatool digi indicator do a conversion for a cable tacho,aparently it runs on magnets on the brake disks but be warned it it a bloddy nightmare to set up as you have to programme the thing and to do that you have to earth the wire whilst rideing in every gear. i gave up the idea on my triumph t595

dont go down to first :P get outta the habbit...... tbf i think there a waste of time and get rid of the fun of trying to find seventh gear Cool

Just be aware they are not that accurate & sometimes have a delayed reaction ie: you drop down 2 gears & before it registeres you have already moved up another gear.

I do remember the Suzi Katans had a gear display built into the dash. Cool that was back in the 80's what has happened since Suzuki?????

As sid its not so bad if the bike has , elec tac and speedo , as i have one on the gsxr , that i took of my mk2 bandit 1200 before i sold it, but with a cable set up not very good ,