Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Camera speeding fine avoidance

" If you get a fixed penalty notice through the post which carries points the computer will first send a demand for cash. When you pay it then sends a demand for your licence to add the points.

It can't handle the endorsement and payment at the same time (alledgedly) and it can't process points until the payment is sorted and complete.

So if you overpay the fixed penalty it must issue a refund.

Now the science bit.

If you overpay the fine by £1 the computer will automatically generate a refund cheque and send it to you.

*** DO NOT CASH THIS CHEQUE *** BIN IT

The system then remains open and cannot generate the "send me your licence" demand. It does record that you paid so it doesn't generate the "follow up unpaid" demand.

There is (apparently) no human intervention in this process and as it has your money it will leave you alone.

Obviously the more this get circulated the greater the possibility it will come to the all seeing powers that be attention and the loophole will close.
But for the mean time CIRCULATE IT

Allegedly What yer think?
I don't think the above would work but hey ho, My only solution would be keep to the speed limits simples!

Guest Guest
any volunteers to give it a go?

Good bit of info but I never speed so wont need it lol!

@XS1100 wrote:

I don't think the above would work but hey ho, My only solution would be keep to the speed limits simples!

Correct, it's another urban myth from a few years back.

@airlock wrote:
any volunteers to give it a go?
can just make your reg out on ya bike,will let you know when your due a fine LaughingLaughingLaughing

i dont think it will work surly the money has to be put in a computer for it to cash it??

i got 3 points once for speeding a few years ago 34 mph and my lic come back with points in blue pen....

@biker_dan wrote:
i dont think it will work surly the money has to be put in a computer for it to cash it??

i got 3 points once for speeding a few years ago 34 mph and my lic come back with points in blue pen....

Mine also was hand written thumb downthumb down

a myth but i know 'A friend' who was very clever and managed to get them to give up. Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
@firehawk wrote:
a myth but i know 'A friend' who was very clever and managed to get them to give up. Laughing
tell us more then jeff salute

nope. It could potentially get me........... i mean them in a lot of trouble thumbs