Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

New chain and sprockets

Just fitted new chain and sprockets to the 1200 Bandit

went with original front sprocket as it has a damper to cut transmission noise. Got to say due to passed experience with front sprockets(Kawasaki's) i was expecting a fight but front sprocket nut came of easy Shocked All done and dusted thumbsthumbs

Yer Nice one dose the speedo pick up from the front sprocket?

whats the difference with dry lube?
dry lube is DRY , it does not collect grit and dirt then turn this into a grinding paste, modern chains have the lubricant sealed in with 0 of x rings, so the only friction you have is between the rollers and the sprockets, this is what dry lube does with out all the mess thumbs

sweet ill do that with next chain. mins probs got anouther 2000 miles left id say, but after that ill try the stuff

@XS1100 wrote:
Yer Nice one dose the speedo pick up from the front sprocket?

Yes it does m8, small speed sensor rotor bolted in the middle of the transmission shaft in front of the sprocket sends a signal to a pickup on the sprocket cover thumbs

[quote="trebor4460"]Nice 1, and the gold linked ones always look Cool [/quote

Thanks Rob, DID chain so hopefully will last!

nice one thumbs must get a new one for the ace a few tight spots starting and ive got a scottoiler fitted.

Mines gettin a bit noisey and not sure how long its been on would it be worth changing?

Just been told cos I keep adjusting mine its also had its life so buying a new one from bitzforbikes, they have a 20% sale on sprockets and chains.

@haveugot1 wrote:
Just been told cos I keep adjusting mine its also had its life so buying a new one from bitzforbikes, they have a 20% sale on sprockets and chains.

yeah! cheaper to get chain and sprockets than just the chain on its own, hope you get sorted mate!

@haveugot1 wrote:

yeah! cheaper to get chain and sprockets than just the chain on its own, hope you get sorted mate!
agree

[quote="gravelrash"]

Nice 1, and the gold linked ones always look Cool [/quote

Thanks Rob, DID chain so hopefully will last!

Did every time for me too, put my last chain and sprox on over 6 months ago and after the initial adjust to take the initial stretch out I ain't had to adjust it since, quality chain. thumbs

Ordered new chain and sprocket set today, a ton all in. Should get it tomorrow and gravelrash is hopefully going to give me hand fitting this weekend as I don't have the right gear.

Cheers mike.

@haveugot1 wrote:
Ordered new chain and sprocket set today, a ton all in. Should get it tomorrow and gravelrash is hopefully going to give me hand fitting this weekend as I don't have the right gear.

Cheers mike.

No probs mark will let u know when and see if its ok! thumbs

Chain wear is also down to riding style. If u like to give gobfulls of throttle & have the habit of riding on the back wheel then yes it will wear out faster.

I had a B6 from new 8K miles later i sold it same chain & sprockets & I never had to adjust it. Note that bike had a scott oiler from day 1.

@darkember wrote:
Chain wear is also down to riding style. If u like to give gobfulls of throttle & have the habit of riding on the back wheel then yes it will wear out faster.

I had a B6 from new 8K miles later i sold it same chain & sprockets & I never had to adjust it. Note that bike had a scott oiler from day 1.
Thats hard to believe Wil, you pull more wheelies than me hide

Guest Guest

Which dry lube do you guys use then as if I get mine fitted this weekend may stop using the old stuff?

Oh and dry lube EmbarassedfoflEmbarassed

Hawki wrote:
Which dry lube do you guys use then as if I get mine fitted this weekend may stop using the old stuff?

Oh and dry lube EmbarassedfoflEmbarassed
Ask Dave im gonna get some too thumbs

I use hein gerrickes own its spot on and at only £8.50 a for a large can I don't think that's bad.