Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

are v-twins worth having.

I know theres a year left on my restriction, but im looking for a project but debating on what to get.

i havent yet had a v twin. had 2 stroke, 4 stroke, singles, in line fours but not a vtwin.

i am debating whther to get anouther inline 4 after my 600 bandit, like a z1000, bandit 1200 maybe, fz1, and so on

or should i take the plunge and get a v-twin, honda VTR1000 < very keen on, SV1000, etc

what you all reckon. dont wana get a project, spend loads then not like the v-twin.

my rididng style is i like to cruise, but when i feel like i want to give it some i like to be able to, also i like corners Very Happy

To be honest mate your better off waiting till ya restrictions off and test riding one for yourself, gotta say though i do like v twins, especially sv1000s thumbs

i would get some insurance quotes as well unless your loaded its going to cost a bomb to insure as i know thumbs

i made myself a year older etc.
fire and theft on the following

vtr1000- 512
sv1000- 635
z1000- 390

when the z1000 or the newer z750 look good to me, but am keen on a v-twin. and reason i want a project stue is that i could make it unike while i have time to fiddle Laughing

vtr1000- 512
sv1000- 635
z1000- 390

when the z1000 or the newer z750 look good to me, but am keen on a v-twin. and reason i want a project stue is that i could make it unike while i have time to fiddle Laughing
stu likes time to fiddle...... hide

vtr1000- 512
sv1000- 635
z1000- 390

Interesting quotes mate, i get where ya coming from Chad id go for the Sv1000s but suzukis are my favourites thumbs

yeh see a mate has the sv650 fully fair sounds lush!

i wa slooking at the 1000 with top and bottom faring but middle missing looks good imo.

yeh see a mate has the sv650 fully fair sounds lush!

i wa slooking at the 1000 with top and bottom faring but middle missing looks good imo.
Yea for sure, they sound just like a duke with race cans on em, you could get her sprayed then as a Rizla etc etc thumbs

Guest Guest
v twins are great fun and brill for evreuything with the possible exception of touring depending on how well you tolerate vibes and the bike. rsv1000, tl1000 and sv1000 are all good sport twins worth a test and depending on youre bank prehaps a duke 749/999 as well although the later is not said to b a gr8 road bike. loads of engine breaking and more torque allowing lazy drive from corners and overtaking. only real dowside is the vibes on some models. give the firestorm a miss as the tank is smaller then a coke bottle!!

I have had my v-twin for a year and a half now and i love it best bike up to now that i have had its a naked 2001 and it we have done average about 7k and i could easily tour on it without a doubt. My insurance is £72 a year fully comp ( im only a bit older than you ) Laughing

stue there was a rizla one on the bay. looked really nice id be up for doing that haha.

onyl thing is ive been told the SV is for people more over 6ft and im 5ft 8. when could i fit bar raisers on the faired model, as i know someone who did it to a tl and worked really well thumbs

the nakeds still look nice thou like this, but i do fancy a fairing to tuck behind.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SUZUKI-SV-1000-K3-SILVER-/230636600547?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item35b3033ce3

this is the tyle i like fairing wise top and bottom no middle
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-SV1000R-EXCELLENT-BIKE-LOTS-EXTRAS-/320713959221?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4aac0aa735

oh and one for stue
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Suzuki-SV-1000-SK3-Sports-Touring-996cc-/260793457296?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cb8805a90

looking into it the naked ones are alot cheaper maybe ill get around 1500-2000 there then sell the bandit and get a half decent one whats not a project.

Dont know where they got the info about the height from as its well known that the SV is a favourite for the ladies as we are all generally under 6ft im 5ft 3 and the bike is perfect

yeh? has yours got straight bars or clip ones? as i think its the clip ons model is for taller people.

Not clip on no but have changed them with risers and they come slight back so there not straight either lol

so you have the faired model? if i could fit risers on the faired model id be happy. thumbs

@suzukijax wrote:
Dont know where they got the info about the height from as its well known that the SV is a favourite for the ladies as we are all generally under 6ft im 5ft 3 and the bike is perfect
agree certainaly not true Chad, dunno where youve heard that thumbs

from a couple of people. spose when comes to it go look at the clip ons if dont like them shove raisers one

the clip-ons are piss easy to get used to. I did a riser conversion but it took alot of bits to make it work. you need longer throttle cables, longer brake/clutch hoses, new yoke, risers, bars, mirror spacers, master cylinder reservoir bracket or modify the old one etc etc. I didn't like the raised bars so went back to clip-ons. You can buy raised clip-ons but you will most likely still need the longer cables and possibly hoses. Try it first to see how you get on. You may find you are worried about nothing.

Best advice is to test ride all the bikes u interested in, v twins aint everybodys cup of tea, there are pros and cons and a test ride will soon tell ya if u gonna like em or not. thumbs

hopefully we will get some of these bikes in with the bike business thing, then i can go for a local blast Very Happy

Guest Guest
dont bother listning to what people say about size and shape. only way you can tell if i bike fits u is to and ride it and see how u feel and ecide if you could live with it. people said the daytona was only for tall riders as it has a long stretch the bars and this is complete tosh same with the rsv and the sv. bmw however can be taken on advise as all the gs models are designed for giant germans with 8 meter legs!

thanx for heads up guys!

day my restrictions up im test riding what ever i can get my hands on lol