• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pugeyed

another cool vid and a question

agree
It's all to do with todays "diposable society"

Guest Guest
yes it probably is, but his accent is annoying so i don't mind much.

definitely a dying breed - I'm one of em too!, my garage/workshop looks like it belongs in the 50's Laughing , he comes across as an interesting character, would love to have a proper natter with him thumbsLaughing

@Stue11 wrote:
Just thought id bring this back to life if you dont mind thumbs

http://vimeo.com/20789680

do you think its a dying art?
answers on a postcard.

It certainly is Mick

I agree with you guys,( I'd luv to have a place like his.) & I think what he says is true of most 'hand-on', trades;
I spent 5.yrs learning my trade,with very poor money, youngster now expect £500- pr week or they aren't interested in owt,& wonder why foreigners are snapping up jobs.
We have spoilt our kids to a point where they are pretty well useless, and skilled people are a dying breed. Sad

@goferit wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

answers on a postcard.

It certainly is Mick

I agree with you guys,( I'd luv to have a place like his.) & I think what he says is true of most 'hand-on', trades;
I spent 5.yrs learning my trade,with very poor money, youngster now expect £500- pr week or they aren't interested in owt,& wonder why foreigners are snapping up jobs.
We have spoilt our kids to a point where they are pretty well useless, and skilled people are a dying breed. Sad

I just love listerning to people with that sort of knowledge on bikes, I would also love to see a proper documentory on him i bet it would be great

@goferit wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

answers on a postcard.

It certainly is Mick

im 18 at college foing body repair and paint, want to go into the paint trade, and i would do it for free but cant afoord that, unless its one day a week as a placement, but as long as what i get covers my fuel i dont mind as its a start ion the career i want to do thumbs

I would work with that guy for not much money a week if I could afford to

but the way things are these days,people cant afford to work for nothing

and I think thats where its all going wrong